PDA

View Full Version : A second attemt at realism on the computer! *1 drawing*

flamepony12
03-22-2005, 06:20 PM
okay, who can guess who it is. :p:rolleyes:

It took me about 3 hours all together. :o And it's still bad. Oh well, I guess it's my best yet.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v633/ptcontests/draww-copy.jpg

Please tell me what you think.... The reference pic is attached :)

slleipnir
03-22-2005, 06:29 PM
Wow, Devon! That is AMAZING!! I can't believe that is only your second attempt?!?! Better than I could do!

flamepony12
03-22-2005, 06:31 PM
Originally posted by slleipnir
Better than I could do!

yeah, right :rolleyes::p thanks ;)

Her beak & crest got a little messed up when I added the background. lol.

slleipnir
03-22-2005, 06:34 PM
What program do you use?? What I do is draw on a new layer, so everything that you are drawing is on a transparent layer. That way the background with work easily :)

flamepony12
03-22-2005, 06:36 PM
Originally posted by slleipnir
What program do you use?? What I do is draw on a new layer, so everything that you are drawing is on a transparent layer. That way the background with work easily :)

I use Adobe photoshop 2.0.... I usually make it a new layer, but I didn't notice that I forgot until it was too late :o :p I guess I can try to fix it up, I could probably make a new layer and erase the BG I have now... :)

Suki Wingy
03-22-2005, 06:40 PM
Are you KIDDING ME! I love it! If I could ever make something like that it would have taken like 10846525612 hours!!

shutterbug0303
03-22-2005, 06:43 PM
Looks great Devon!!

You and Audrey should look into a program called "Corel Painter". A photographer that wants me to work for her uses it...mainly to color photographs by hand, but I think it does a great job with drawing/coloring too. It works to best when you use a pen and tablet. It is pretty expensive, but I've seen it online as a special for students for like $100 :D And there is always Kazaa (hehehe ;) )

flamepony12
03-22-2005, 06:44 PM
thanks!

I fixed it up a bit, Audrey, I made a new layer as a background and fixed her beak & crest. ;)

Judy-- I'll have to look into that!

Lexi_Lover
03-22-2005, 07:49 PM
OMG! :eek: :eek: :eek: That is amazing Devon!!!!!!!!!!! No jokes!!!! I thought that was the original even before I looked at the attachement! :eek: I can't believe how good you are, I think I'm gonna stop posting sketches, cuz I suck! :(

Can you do one of Lexi? :p For her birthday present! J/K! :D

catnapper
03-22-2005, 07:50 PM
Wow! Thats great! You'd swear it was something you edited from a phot (but I know you didn't)

Great job, and stop being so hard on yourself.

flamepony12
03-22-2005, 07:50 PM
Thanks! Don't stop posting sketches, I think yours are coming along quite nicely!