PDA

View Full Version : Women Who Steal Dogs And Why....

lizbud
03-22-2005, 01:01 PM
Found this link to stories of an underground group of folks
who are showing amazing courage. I support them 100%. I love
to see the happy endings.

http://www.animaladvocates.com/women-who-steal-dogs.htm

slick
03-22-2005, 02:41 PM
Animal Advocates are in my neck of the woods. I don't know anyone in the Society but have heard great things about them from my Humane Society friends.

Pit Chick
03-22-2005, 02:52 PM
That looks like a very good site to surf when I have more time. You gotta do what ya gotta do to save a life. ;) A woman that fosters with my group had to do the same thing. This red neck trailer trash couple had this Border Collie chained outside of their trailer and she had puppies. God knows what happened to all of them, but the wife wanted to keep one but they just let it wander loose so one night the foster went and took the pup and got it adopted out. It was a few months before she got the guts to go "rescue" the mom from her chain and when she got her spayed she was already pregnant with 11 more puppies who were aborted. She was a tri colored, beauty and sweet as could be. It only took 2 weeks for her to be adopted!

QueenScoopalot
03-22-2005, 04:53 PM
I posted a similar article here a while back http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=72637
I too am all for thievery when an animal isn't even noticed by the deadbeats that take them on, and leave them without companionship day in and day out. :( :mad:

moosmom
03-22-2005, 05:42 PM
Geez Jan!

You get anymore furbabies, you'll have to create a website for them!!!

I stole a dog not too long ago. Remember Luca??? I never regret my decision. Poor dog was emaciated, starved and had mange. Unfortunately, the Humane Society put him down. :( But he's not suffering anymore.

I commend those women! It's too bad that it's come to that, but if the Society's that are supposed to protect these creatures doesn't SOMEONE has to!!

aly
03-22-2005, 06:01 PM
What an excellent group. I support them 100% So glad those sweet dogs were all saved.

QueenScoopalot
03-22-2005, 06:17 PM
http://www.animaladvocates.com/
Thier home page has a message board, which I checked out briefly.:) I'm glad there are people that realize something I've known for way too long, in that the so called authorities with the paychecks, don't do s**t when it comes to animals that are neglected. :mad: Yay to all the underground rescuers!;)

micki76
03-22-2005, 08:44 PM
Been there, done that. Twice.

Maybe I should start a group like that here! :D

There's a couple of dogs in my neighborhood that need to, eh hem, get out of their yards. At least they aren't chained up, but they get no human interaction. :(

I've never understood having a pet outside 24/7. I just don't get why you'd even want a pet if you don't want anything to do with it????

janelle
03-23-2005, 01:45 AM
I saw the article about Fly on Slate. Some people replyed that they wondered why the people who dognapped didn't talk to the owner first and try to buy the dog from him. Or at least try to tell him about a dog's needs. They risk being arrested for stealing someone's property. But I think they are right if they think nothing will be done to change the owner and the dog is abused.

Pit Chick
03-23-2005, 08:38 AM
In most cases it is pointless to try and talk to the owners, because if the owners cared the animals wouldn't be in the condition or situation they are in. If you offer to buy the dog or talk to the owners about proper care and nothing changes and the dog turns up missing, they are instantly going to know who did it. The first thing I would do is send literature anonymously about proper care, etc. so that way if further action has to be taken, they won't know who done it. :) The humane socoieties only care if the dog has the most basic requirements met: food, water and shelter. Well whoopy.

I have neighbors that have this awesome Rottie that they leave outside 24/7 and he's not neutered. Well, he used to get out quite often and when I would take him home I would try to educate the importance of neutering and keeping the dog in the house so he wouldn't escape and get hurt or picked up by animal control. Guess where the dog is now, still stuck outside, unaltered and barking constantly like outside dogs do best when they are lonely. He's such a sweet dog too. It's been a while since he's gotten out, but you bet the next time he does, he ain't goin home. ;)

dukedogsmom
03-23-2005, 02:20 PM
I was destined to do something like this in my life. I feel it is my true calling. I just wish I could do it full time. I would do it for no pay. But unfortunately, life can't be like that. Too bad I have to work, huh?

janelle
03-23-2005, 02:48 PM
Well I hope we don't have this going on in my neighborhood. Story below.

My hubby heard a dog crying towards morning today. We went back to sleep, we were tired, Later when I woke up more I heard it and decided to go check. It had been raining.

WELL, the poor doggy was next door and he had gotten lose someway from his owner. He had a long vinyl cord with a screw type hook on the end. The kind that is screws into the ground to hold dogs from getting loose.

Guess his owners tethered him to it and went to bed, Well with the rain the ground must have gotten soft and he pulled it out of the ground. I don't know how he got up here until that hook got tanged into the neighbor's bushes. I went out in my robe with a coat and slippers. Had a time releasing him from the bushes. I had been raining on him for some hours, Was he glad to see me and jumping all over,

I got him into my garage but could find no identification on him. I wanted to call his owners and wake them up at 6:30. I got the vinyl cord off him but he was so hyper to come in and i have two kitties. I opened the door and he wanted to run home so I let him. I left the lease on him so other people would know he wasn't a stray.

Think I have seen him running around here so I hope he was headed home. I hope his owners don't pin him out again when rain is predicted, GEESH.

Pit Chick
03-23-2005, 02:55 PM
That sounds like the kind of home that poor dog doesn't need to return to. What are you going to do if you see him again?

janelle
03-24-2005, 01:27 AM
I think he may be the dog that barks a lot in the next block. My hubby went out to see where the barking dog was last week and he said it's in back of our house on the other side of some large evergreens so I can't see their yard from here.

He is a border collie. He has a dog run and we haven't heard him bark as much since my hubby went into their yard. Maybe they saw him. The dog looked in good shape and wanted to go home. Not like he was hungry and wanted to stay in my garage.

So far I think he is taken care of ok. It's just the teathering in the rain that is a worry. I'll keep an eye out.