PDA

View Full Version : Handicapped Pets

mruffruff
06-08-2001, 12:02 PM
I recently saw a post with the address of a new website that was called HandicappedPets.com. When I tried to go there, I was told I was not authorized to view it. Has anyone been there?

I have two dogs with handicaps (but they don't know it). I would like meet other handicapped pets and share stories.

sammi
06-08-2001, 12:21 PM
mruffruff, Scroll down under the picture and you just need to register. Good site I think.

bugmom
06-08-2001, 06:17 PM
I got to the site fine - even got to the adoption pages wonderfully...even sent a message about a couple of blind dogs (see the "sucker" lite go on on my forehead?) .

I have a half blind dog and am getting a deaf dog in the fall - as soon as my fence is done! and now that this site is in my view who know what else i may get. ( darn http://PetoftheDay.com/talk/wink.gif )

thanks for the pointer to this site.

bug's mom

Pam
06-09-2001, 06:42 AM
Janet...You are not a sucker, you are a sweetheart! What you are planning to do is wonderful.

mruffruff
06-11-2001, 03:03 PM
Thanks, everyone. I got in OK today. Must have been a temporary glitch.

Read a few posts. Since I'm at work, I have to sandwich my reading between jobs. Unless I'm missing something, it seems a little harder to follow replies within a subject. Maybe I just need a little practice.

bugmom
06-11-2001, 05:02 PM
Looks as though i have been lead down the path of foster-ville. And because of the handicappedpets.com i have volunteered to foster an 11 yr old blind cocker how has a mild case of epilypse. His name is scruffy and the owner is at college and the mom just can't handle the dog anymore due to medical reasons. The poor girl is frantic trying to find a new home while her mother is threatening to put down the dog. i live in the no pts world so since they live very close to me have volunteered to foster that way scruffy can be with his "mom" when she is back for vacations and the like until she finds a forever home for him.
ahhhh my .... I had a frined who said once that my name was part of the twilight bark cuz i always get the rescue/stray/ foster... what ever is out there in need. sigh

Daisy's Mom
06-11-2001, 07:11 PM
Bugmom you are one of the nicest people I know! I would love to foster someday but I know I'd get too attached and end up keeping it http://PetoftheDay.com/talk/smile.gif So for now give Scruffy a kiss for me!