PDA

View Full Version : Best Friends

AlleyCat
03-22-2005, 09:38 AM
Has anyone been out to Best Friends Animal Sanctuary out in Utah? I have heard fabulous things about that place, and it is apparently so huge it is worthy of a one or more-day stay to play with all the kitties and other animals there. It is a no-kill shelter (many of the animals who live there are there to stay for the rest of their lives.) Anyway we're thinking of taking a detour on our next vacation and spending a day or two there, any comments from anyone who's been there?

ratchet22
03-22-2005, 10:02 AM
I get their flyers, and I too would give anything to go there. Heck It would be a dream to live in the same city! And visit everyday. Their flyers I get in the mail are very inspiring, I would take the chance and visit! Let us know how it goes!!!!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
03-22-2005, 12:20 PM
I've never been there....yet! I get their mailings also and someday when we're out that way in the motorhome I intend to stop in. I think that if you can work it into your vacation schedule, it's a must see....and be sure and take lots of pics so we can see too! ;) :D

catmandu
03-22-2005, 12:44 PM
Would that be anything,like The Black Beuty Ranch,in Texas,where Polar Bear Amory,was laid,to rest?

AlleyCat
03-22-2005, 01:11 PM
I'm not sure. All I know is that this place is HUGE, they have animals of all walks of life and many of them are brought there with the intention of living out the rest of their lives there, as well as having a lot to adopt from.

NoahsMommy
03-22-2005, 01:14 PM
I haven't been either, but I'd really like to go.

It sounds like a really neat place. :)

slick
03-22-2005, 01:43 PM
I am seriously thinking that one year I will spend my vacation there volunteering....that is, unless there is a BBQ or a UK trip to attend.

Grace
03-22-2005, 02:58 PM
We contribute to this wonderful sanctuary. I would like to move there, and volunteer every day.

Have you read the book about how they came into being? It's great.

QueenScoopalot
03-22-2005, 05:08 PM
It looks like Heaven on earth for all those animals. :) I'd love to visit someday, and especially "Benton's House"...think that's the special needs kitties building.:confused: :) If you do go....bring a camera, and a carrier or two! :D