PDA

View Full Version : Nite-Nite Pooka

Ozron
03-22-2005, 05:40 AM
Last night Alison and I had to put Pooka down. His heart finely started to give out causing his lungs to fill with fluid. His last minutes on this earth were with the ones he loved and cared for. My last words to him as the Doctor administered the drug was, "Go Nite Nite Pook. It's ok." And he was gone. I know we did what had to be done but no one ever said it was easy or that I would feel this way.

For the last 14 years Pooka was my Dog. I got him when he was 6 yrs old from the Pound. He was scheduled for "Termination" the next day. That was in 1991. Since then he was always at my side no matter what. He saved my life a few times and was there when I just needed a hug or someone to talk to.

I know he will be waiting for me at the bridge and I will truly miss him until that day. I will be getting another dog in a while and it will be a pound puppy. I think he would have liked that.

A Very Sad Pet Lover
Ron Konkel

jenluckenbach
03-22-2005, 06:12 AM
I am so sorry Pooka needed to leave you. It is so hard to lose a special friend. {{{HUGS}}}

LorraineO
03-22-2005, 08:05 AM
I am so sorry you lost your baby...... you did the right thing by him.... Do you have a pic of your lil guy?

Rest easy Pook....

ramanth
03-22-2005, 12:52 PM
I'm so sorry for your loss.

pitc9
03-22-2005, 02:00 PM
I am sorry to hear of your loss.

RIP Pooka.

Ozron
03-22-2005, 05:28 PM
Pook is the one on the right in my signature. Still have Sydney though. 11 yr old Minature Bull Terrier. He keeps looking around the house/yard for Pook. Who ever said that dogs don't understand was a fool.

Sudilar
03-22-2005, 08:24 PM
So very sorry for your great loss of Pooka. My heart goes out to you. Hugs.

delidog
03-23-2005, 07:06 AM
Rest in Peace Dear Pooka...
My Heart goes out to you....
It is so hard to lose the ones' that we Love so much!!

schteve_d
03-23-2005, 10:57 PM
That is really too bad, Ron. I am very sorry for your loss. Though of course no dog can be replaced, another pound dog may be just the thing to help ease it for you. Again, very sorry to hear of Pooka's passing.

roscoe3
03-24-2005, 11:56 PM
I know the heart ache you are feeling as I also just felt the pain myself. what I learned from this web site is that we did the best for our love one , our doctor came to our home to put my beloved Roscoe down. I am not ready to bring another furkid into my home yet, but I am lucky I already have two furkids that need me, nobody can truly understand one has for their "babies" as the days go by time really does help, but never will loose the memories you have. Always keep those memories as they are wonderful

Corinna
03-25-2005, 12:00 AM
hugs to you. He looks like he had some Springer in him. A 20 year old dog wow.

Animal Lover12
03-28-2005, 04:37 PM
hugs to both you and pokka
i know it is very hard....

tatsxxx11
03-29-2005, 05:22 PM
I'm so very sorry for your great loss, Ron:( What a beautiful, lifelong friendship you and Pooka shared. There is something extra special about our rescued pups, isn't there? My heart goes out to you, Alison and to Sydney. Good Night Pook, loyal best friend, devoted companion and hero. Sandra

jesse_3
04-03-2005, 10:03 PM
I am so sorry for your loss. I know what it is like to loose a loved one. God be with you!

sammy101
04-03-2005, 10:41 PM
im so sorry for your loss:( Your other dog Sydney must be heartbroken:(
RIP sweet Pooka

CagneyDog
04-05-2005, 02:54 AM
I can't even begin to imagin how much you must be hurting right now. Loosing an animal isn't easy.

I know Pooka appreciated your companionship (and you appreciated his), with out you, he probably would of never found a home. You will miss him, but remember the sweet memories he left you

RIP Sweet Pooka

K9soul
04-06-2005, 07:53 PM
Oh Ron, I am so very sorry :(. I hope it brings some solace to you that many of us know what you are going through, have been through it ourselves. I have been through it twice, and it is so very hard, every time. It takes time for the emptiness and pain in your heart to subside, but it helps to have people to share his memory with. I'm glad to hear you will be opening up your heart to a new pound pup. I am sure that's what your dearest Pooka would have wanted.

Play hard at the Rainbow Bridge, valiant Pooka. You are so very missed by your beloved family. :(