PDA

View Full Version : Poor Doggy

janelle
03-21-2005, 09:47 PM
My hubby heard a dog crying towards morning today. We went back to sleep, we were tired, Later when I woke up more I heard it and decided to go check. It had been raining.

WELL, the poor doggy was next door and he had gotten lose someway from his owner. He had a long vinyl cord with a screw type hook on the end. The kind that is screws into the ground to hold dogs from getting loose.

Guess his owners tethered him to it and went to bed, Well with the rain the ground must have gotten soft and he pulled it out of the ground. I don't know how he got up here until that hook got tanged into the neighbor's bushes. I went out in my robe with a coat and slippers. Had a time releasing him from the bushes. I had been raining on him for some hours, Was he glad to see me and jumping all over,

I got him into my garage but could find no identification on him. I wanted to call his owners and wake them up at 6:30. I got the vinyl cord off him but he was so hyper to come in and i have two kitties. I opened the door and he wanted to run home so I let him. I left the lease on him so other people would know he wasn't a stray.

Think I have seen him running around here so I hope he was headed home. I hope his owners don't pin him out again when rain is predicted, GEESH.

flamepony12
03-21-2005, 09:49 PM
aww, poor dog! Hope his owners have learned a lesson :(

Oggyflute
03-21-2005, 11:12 PM
It amazes me why people don't put ID tags on their pets collars.