PDA

View Full Version : terribly sad news :*(

BandiTank
08-02-2001, 05:30 PM
I have terrible news. You know about my Australian shepherd, Bandit (just turned a year old), right? Well, this past week he was hit by a car, and he didn't make it :*(. I miss him so much. He has been a car chaser before and my dad was fixing the dog lot this weekend so we could put him in it when we are not home, but he didn't do it in enough time. Let this be a lesson to us all, never EVER let your dog run loose next to a road. He had never been a car chaser until we moved. I guess we just didn't see it coming.
http://wsphotofews.excite.com/030/l2/x6/OS/W133991.jpg

Karen
08-02-2001, 05:38 PM
Oh how sad! I've known car-chasing dogs before, and it is so scary. Our sincerest condolences to you and your family. Remember, Bandit is now playing happily with many other dogs owned by PetTalk people, free and happy at the Rainbow Bridge. And, of course, part of him always be with you, in your heart is a little wiggly spot, Bandit-shaped. Whenever you feel your heart race, picture Bandit running happily along, racing with you. As long as you live, Bandit will live on, in you.

I hope this helps.

This is why cars will be banned, or their use strictly limited, in Pettalkville (http://PetoftheDay.com/cgibin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=21&t=000134).

Rottieluver45
08-02-2001, 06:27 PM
I Feel so bad for you!!! :( I`m sorry about your loss!! My Other cocker spanile that I used to have went to the rainbow Bridge a couple of Months ago so mabye Bandit and him Are freinds!! I`m sorry!! :(

[ August 02, 2001: Message edited by: **Rottieluver** ]

4 feline house
08-02-2001, 06:35 PM
BandiTank, I'm so sorry to hear of your terrible news. These poor little animals can get themselves into so much trouble. We do our best to protect them, but sometimes the worst happens despite our best efforts. We will be praying that your heart heals quickly, but we know that one little Bandit-shaped hole will never go away, and will never be filled.

zippy-kat
08-02-2001, 07:00 PM
I'm so sorry!
Please don't hesitate to ask us for something, should you need it---your pettalk family is here for you!

gini
08-02-2001, 07:24 PM
Oh, I am so sorry to hear of your loss. All of us feel your pain and our hearts go out to you and your family. Even though Bandit was with you for such a short time - he will always be a part of you and in time you will only remember all of the good things about him. I feel certain that he is at the Rainbow Bridge and my Patches is hissing at him right now.

All of us are happy that you could come to this site and share your loss. All of us are here for you and are in our prayers.

Sudilar
08-02-2001, 07:26 PM
Oh my heart goes out to you!!! What a terrible tragedy!! Bandit was such a beautiful dog. I am so sorry for you. You must be devastated. Remember that he is at Rainbow Bridge now with all the rest of our beloved pets who have passed. This is too sad.

BandiTank
08-02-2001, 07:47 PM
I thank you all for your support. I know that Bandit is at the Rainbow Bridge with all of your animals, having the Angels nearly throw their arms out from throwing so many tennis-balls. I am so glad I have people like you that understand how I feel. Thank you all so much. I know Bandit, as well as your animals, will be waiting for us at the Golden Gates.
Love,
Rachel & the Rainbow Bridge Family

3-greys-and-a-mutt
08-02-2001, 08:55 PM
:( So sorry for your loss... What a beautiful boy Bandit was. He will live forever in your heart!

lizbud
08-02-2001, 09:41 PM
Just wanted to say that i am so very
sorry about Bandit.You have my deepest sympathy...I had noticed his picture before
& always thought that he was a Beautiful and
Special kind of Dog !!!
i'm so very sorry...

08-02-2001, 10:10 PM
Rachel, I cannot begin to tell you how sorry I am. I have been crying ever since I heard about this. Another Pet Talker was kind enough to e-mail me about this. I would have never known otherwise. Please tell me what I can do for you. I will do something with him on the webpage just not sure what yet.

My goodness, this is so sad. I feel like we lost a family member. Honestly I don't what to say because if this had happened to me there would be little that could comfort me until I dealt with this. But, I can say that everyone has said some wonderful and comforting things....I hope you get through this okay. Take comfort in all of your other babies. I'm sure they miss Bandit as much as you all.

Take care sweetie.

God Bless Little Bandit.

*SimButtTwo4U*
08-02-2001, 10:25 PM
When things like this happens, i am speechless. all i can ever say i im sorry.
Ive never had a dog die on me, Simba is actually my first dog. When he goes away, i dont think i would be as strong as you are, id have to end too. I sure hope some one is there with me when Simba passes away to stop me. Again, all i can say is, Sorry.

Daisy's Mom
08-03-2001, 12:22 AM
Oh Rachel, I am so, so sorry. How awful for this to happen to you. He was way too young to go, and you are too young to have to go through this! You poor thing. Bandit was beautiful, and he still is, up at Rainbow Bridge. Just concentrate on the fact that he is happy and safe and pain-free now. Other than that, I don't know what to say. This is awful news. My heart goes out to you. Please know that if you need anything, I or anyone else on this board are here for you. We will help you through this.

petspoil
08-03-2001, 02:18 AM
I'm so sorry Rachel about Bandit. :( :( But there will be lots of friends waiting for him at the Rainbow Bridge and he will be there waiting for you. He is free of all the pain of this world.

Gio
08-03-2001, 03:43 AM
I'm so sorry to hear about your loss, it's devastating when something like this happens.My thoughts are with you.

tatsxxx11
08-03-2001, 06:01 AM
Dear Rachel...I can't begin to tell you how terribly sorry I am to hear of the loss of beautiful Bandit. My heart breaks for you. But I know that Bandit will live on forever in that special place in your heart. For sure he is at the Rainbow Bridge and is looking down on you with love. And I know my Jingles, and all of our beloved departed furkids, are there with him, lending him a guiding paw until you are together again. Know that you and precious Bandit are in my heart and prayers. Love, Sandra

AdoreMyDogs
08-03-2001, 09:09 AM
Oh I am so sorry :( This is indeed a terrible accident. It is not easy keeping a car chaser from chasing cars, especially dogs with such a strong herding instinct. Poor Bandit, poor lil guy. I hope your family is OK. I know how much you loved Bandit. You spoke of him so highly and lovingly. It's so hard to lose a friend, especially one that is young.

Take care, and try to keep your chin up. Bandit is in a place where he can run and chase and herd all day and night without getting hurt.

Eudora
08-03-2001, 09:55 AM
Hi BandiTank,
I am so sorry to hear about your loss... I had always thought that these breed of dogs was a beautiful one and I hope you are feeling better now. I'm a new addition to the PetTalk Family but I'm here for you too. I'm sure all of us are... all 1864 of us! :( now but things will be brighter soon! :)

Dog lover5678
08-03-2001, 09:56 AM
oh my gosh im so sorry

:( i feel so bad just to let u know hes in a spot where he will never get hurt :( :(

thelmalu99
08-03-2001, 11:19 AM
Oh my gosh, Rachel I'm so sorry to hear about your sweet, beautiful Bandit. Please know that you're in my thoughts and prayers. It's such a difficult thing to go through, but know that your Pet Talk friends are here whenever you need us.

Love,
Thelma, Yertle, Elvis and Danny

catwoman
08-03-2001, 11:34 AM
Rachel,

I'm so sorry to hear about Bandit. He was a beautiful boy. I know what you are going through ... one of the reason I have cats now, is that as a child I lost two Shelties in this way. It is heartbreaking, but you are right to sense that Bandit is now playing fetch with the Angels. After all, all dogs (and cats) go to heaven ...

Dianne

BandiTank
08-03-2001, 12:14 PM
Thank you all SO VERY much. I had forgotten how well us Pet Talkers take care of each other. I have not been able to stop crying and every time I come back to this message board I cry even more, but not exactly in sadness, but to know that all of you care so much. I love you all and all of your wonderful families and animals. Thank you. Just remember, if you have feel sad, whether its about animals or not, always come to Pet Talk and I'm sure every one will make you feel better, like you did me.
http://wsphotofews.excite.com/027/pF/Tc/Ar/YS10049.jpg
The last picture I took of him...
http://wsphotofews.excite.com/027/oB/kA/Me/YK22317.jpg
Bandit as a puppy trying to "fly"
http://wsphotofews.excite.com/031/Gp/Hc/wN/Zz85006.jpg

wolflady
08-03-2001, 12:38 PM
Oh my goodness!! I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of your beautiful Bandit!! What a gorgeous angel he must make. It's always a terrible tragedy when something like this happens. It's always hard losing a pet, no matter how long of a time they were with you. You're in my thoughts and prayers during this difficult time. *hugs*

BeeTrixPotter
08-03-2001, 01:25 PM
:( We are so Very Sorry to hear of your loss. My prayers are with you. Please know, that he is in a very good place, and is running pain free now. again...I am so sorry. words just can't take away your pain I know!!!

Sudilar
08-03-2001, 03:23 PM
I am still so upset about poor Bandit. Again, accept my deepest sympathy. I am so sorry.

Cinder & Smoke
08-03-2001, 04:39 PM
Rachel ~ I am very sorry for You and your Family at the loss of Bandit. Take comfort by remembering all the wonderful moments you had with him.

It might help to visit: http://www.petloss.com/ , A Rainbow Bridge site. (http://www.petloss.com/)

We're all thinking of you. /s/ Phred

jackiesdaisy1935
08-03-2001, 05:04 PM
Rachel, that is so sad, Bandit was so beautiful, I'm sure he is playing with all of our PetoftheDay dogs at the Rainbow bridge, I know Kona for one will be looking for him. Just take one day at a time and remember the good times you had with him.
Jackie

Daisy's Mom
08-03-2001, 11:57 PM
Hi Rachel. Your pictures of Bandit are so beautiful. He was a very handsome boy. This is a poem that I wrote for another member who lost a dog. I thought it could help you to explain why your sweet Bandit had to go away.

God had a little angel
With a little wagging tail.
He saw someone on earth in need
And knew His angel would not fail,
So He sent the angel down to earth
In the form of a puppy, cute and small,
The puppy made his master's problems disappear
And solved them once and for all.
Their days were filled with laughter
And many a slobbery kiss.
God watched the two quite happily,
But His angel he did miss.
And then one day in Heaven
There came a kind but lonely soul,
One in need of an angel's company for a while,
And so to make him once more whole,
God had no choice but to take back His angel,
For he was needed in Heaven once more.
Though the angel and master had had quite a bond,
He had to go do his job for the God he adores.
Though the master weeps and grieves now,
They should truly know,
Their furry friend is an angel in Heaven,
And when they themselves there go,
They will be reunited,
For the angel's job will be done,
And the two will be left alone
For more love, kisses, and fun.

I hope your pain is slowly lessening. I know it's hard, but we are all here for you.

Love,
Bridget

Ila
08-10-2001, 11:20 PM
So sorry to hear about Bandit. I know what your going through I have lost very dear pets to my heart to. Time will heal your sorrow. Like I say to animal lovers their in in heaven now where they cannot get hurt anymore. Take care!!