PDA

View Full Version : Prayers For My Cousin's Dog, Please

chrissycat21
03-21-2005, 05:52 PM
My cousin has two golden retreivers, Cheddar and Rolley. They are both pretty old, around 10 or 11 years old. Rolley has cushings disease (edit: not crouchings, sorry!). Since he is older, there is a pretty good chance that he will be PTS. My cousin lives in Portland, Oregon, so I have never met Rolley. My cousin loves his dogs so much, they are his kids. He adopted Rolley from a man moving into a retirement center that wouldn't allow him to keep his dogs.

Could you guys please pray for Rolley and that some how he will pull through this, but if he doesn't he won't be in any pain? I'm worried for my cousin, if he loses Rolley I don't know what is going to happen....:( :( :(

tatsxxx11
03-21-2005, 05:57 PM
How sad:( Your cousin's Goldens sound like very special pups and we all know that special love he has for them. Are you sure it isn't Cushings disease? If so, it is serious, but can be treated. A few PT doggies have Cushings. I certainly will be thinking of your cousin and keeping him and Rolley in my prayers. Never give up hope. {{{HUGS}}} Sandra

chrissycat21
03-21-2005, 05:58 PM
Maybe it is cushings disease, I'd ask my mom but she is sick and is sleeping now. I can never keep things straight, I always wind up mixing something up. :o

tatsxxx11
03-21-2005, 06:09 PM
When you hear, let me know. Sudilar, whose Killian just celebrated his 11th birthday here on PT, has Cushings! I'm sure she'd be happy to give you some advice. And Logan just posted a link to a message board for Cushings. I'll find it and post it:)

Here it is

http://groups.msn.com/SpecialCanineFurkids

The woman who runs this forum has a dog Snowdrop, who has Cushings and her husband is a vet. I'm sure she knows a lot about the disease and would be big help to you/your cousin in telling you more about it, giving support, etc. Please keep us updated! Sandra

chrissycat21
03-21-2005, 06:22 PM
Your right, my mom woke up and it is Cushings. :o Sorry!

On top of that, he has many other health problems, though. This, on top of everything else, is making him even weaker. :(

Soapets
03-21-2005, 06:32 PM
Thoughts and prayers from Nebraska............................

luvofallhorses
03-21-2005, 06:35 PM
Prayers, thoughts, and hugs coming your way.

Oggyflute
03-21-2005, 11:55 PM
Best wishes and thoughts for Rolley, I really hope he comes good.

Canis Amicus
03-22-2005, 12:44 PM
Positive toughts on the way.

LKPike
03-22-2005, 01:01 PM
:( :( :( poor boy, I hope hes not in too much pain or discomfort :(:( he can count on prayers from me and the spotties.

chrissycat21
03-22-2005, 03:25 PM
Thanks everyone.

I've been planning on making my cousin a scrap book of his dogs for his birthday, but thats a long time away. I think I'm going to make one as soon as I can talk to my aunt (his mom) and my grandma and see if they have pictures of the dogs I don't have.

tatsxxx11
03-22-2005, 03:34 PM
What a great idea:) I'm sure your cousin would love that!:) Is Rolley getting any treatment/meds for the Cushings? Continue to keep him in my prayers:)

chrissycat21
03-22-2005, 04:03 PM
I'm pretty sure he is on medication, I don't get to talk to my cousin much. :( And, since Rolley has been sick he hasn't been replying to any e-mails, he has been spending all his time with him.

BTW, I'll check out the links you posted. :)

chrissycat21
03-24-2005, 11:03 AM
I thought I'd just share a picture of Rolley and Cheddar:

Rolley is on the left, and Cheddar is the other one:

luvofallhorses
03-24-2005, 11:35 AM
What a great idea! Aww they are beautiful dogs :D

tatsxxx11
03-24-2005, 11:38 AM
Awww! What beautiful, precious Golden babies!:) They look so happy! No wonder your cousin is so in love with them. It breaks my heart to know that Rolley is so ill. I continue to keep him in my thoughts and prayers. Sandra

Pygmybabe
03-24-2005, 01:31 PM
i will pray for him

chrissycat21
03-24-2005, 07:23 PM
Thank you again, everyone.

No news from my cousin, I'm going to e-mail him now asking how Rolley and Cheddar are doing.

I love Rolley and Cheddar's faces, I hope I can meet Rolley this summer. I'm trying to talk my mom into going on vacation in Portland.