PDA

View Full Version : Please Be Safe

Genia
06-02-2001, 10:38 PM
I was called in to work today because we had two young people, a 19 year old man and a 20 year old woman, killed in an auto accident. The tire blew out on their vehicle. 2 young men survived but were seriously injured. Last week we had a 21 year old break his neck after diving in shallow water. This has upset me so much and I just wanted to tell everyone here, please be safe as you travel this summer. Be safe at all times (most accidents occur at home or close to home) but more fatal accidents occur during the summer. Check the tires on your vehicles. Get regular maintenance checks on your vehicle, drive defensively, watch other drivers. Know the depth of water before diving. I want all my Pet Talk friends to have a fun summer with their furkids and non-furkids, but please be careful.

aly
06-02-2001, 11:55 PM
Genia, I'm sorry to hear about all the accidents. Thank you for the sweet reminder for us to be careful. You be careful too!

I'm a paranoid driver and anticipate the worst in driving situations. I was in a bad wreck once (not my fault) and it traumatized me. I HATE getting on highways. The ramps here are so short that I usually just take the feeder and it takes me forever to get to where I'm going. But at least I'm alive.

------------------
Alyson
Shiloh & Reece
http://www.swt.edu/~aw1024/reecetranshead2.gif

jackiesdaisy1935
06-03-2001, 02:44 PM
Genia, so sorry to hear about the accidents with those young people, it is very painful to see that happen.
We have an Explorer and had the wilderness tires and we immediately got rid of them and bought new ones to be on the safe side. One can never be too careful. I hate driving on the freeways here in So. California so whenever we can we take the side roads to do our errands. Thank you for the timely reminder.

------------------
http://clipartpage.homestead.com/files/blkschnauzer.gif
http://clipartpage.homestead.com/files/schnauzer.gif

Pam
06-03-2001, 03:09 PM
Genia I am really sorry to hear about the accident involving the two people from your work. Highways today are really dangerous places to be. I have been watching the NASCAR race today from Dover Downs, Delaware because my two children are there along with my daughter's in-laws. I was thinking as I was watching that even the safest driver can have an accident and some drivers today drive as if they can maneuver their cars around like these NASCAR guys. The thing that makes me most nervous on the highway is having a big tractor trailer right behind me.

AdoreMyDogs
06-04-2001, 09:38 AM
I am sorry to hear about the people who were killed in that car accident. How very sad. Thank you for looking out for us and warning us Pet Talk folks about the dangers of driving recklessly. I have never been in a car accident while driving but a couple of good friends of mine in high school got in a very serious accident while it was pouring rain and they were on the freeway. They were going too fast. Their car began to go out of control from hitting a deep water puddle, and they were hit by a hit & run car and badly injured, then when they were just starting to open the doors to attepmt to run to the side of the freeway where it was more safe another car hit them and ran, and then another. They were hit and ran from 3 times. There were 4 girls in the car. All of them were pretty badly injured, and one of them later died from her injuries. I did not know the girl that died, she was a recent graduate, but it was still sad. My good friend lost her front 3 teeth and had other "fixable" injuries like 2 broken wrists and cuts that required stiches. My other good friend had a consusion and a shattered leg, broken shoulder, and a big, deep, dangerous cut in her neck. The third girl was not hurt too bad, but bad enough to miss 3 weeks of school.

Ever since that accident, although I was not in the car, I was supposed to be. They were going to an outlet store about an hour away and they invited me. I did not feel like going that day. God works in mysterious ways. I normally would have jumped at the opportunity to go to the outlet mall, the prices were great and, being a female high school student, I enjoyed shopping and buying new clothes. God knew it was not in my plans to be in that car so I had the strange uninterest in going there at that specific time. I have been forever careful, maybe overly careful, while driving especially on the freeway. My way of thanking God for keeping me out of that car is to be so very careful because life is a gift and we should all be gratious for this wonderful gift.

Daisy's Mom
06-04-2001, 09:52 PM
On February 24, a friend of mine died in a car accident. His car slipped on ice and hit a tree. He was killed instantly. He was seriously the nicest kid at school, and captain of every sport he played, a peer leader, you name it. He was only a senior in high school. Ever since that tragedy, I have noticed my friends all driving slower and more cautious. It's sad that sometimes it takes a tragedy to teach kids a lesson. I myself am a very cautious driver. At graduation yesterday, 1000 butterflies were let go for Dan while Sarah McGlaughlan's "I Will Remember You" played. Everyone was sobbing. I agree with Genia, please be careful everyone. You have no idea how many people care about you. You should also warn your family and friends to be careful. "You don't know what you got 'till it's gone."