PDA

View Full Version : Dear Barbara.....

Logan
03-21-2005, 02:22 PM
It has been a while since I wrote to you and I'm sorry. I hope that you and your family are doing well. :)

I wanted to tell you that my mom is worried about me. She says that whether I like it or not, I am going to see Dr. Robinson tomorrow. She says I have lost weight, even though I am still eating a lot, and I am "lethargic" (had to have Mom's help to say or type that word), and she is worried because I have chewed up the inside of both of my legs and my feet, and I haven't bitten or scratched her in weeks. She makes a face like this when she looks at me :( . She says it is "worry" that makes her do that. Until last night, she did not see how awful my legs look. They do itch really bad :eek: and I just chew and chew. What I hate is that I have to go back to the doctor. Mom says that it is time to get to the bottom of this so that I don't have to keep going for a shot every month.

Secretly, I sort of like all the attention she is giving me, but I am ready to stop itching and I'm very ready to be able to STOP having to get into that plastic box she puts me in every month. Of course, I don't make that easy on her, in hopes that she will just quit trying. The last two times, it has taken 3 people to get me in there! ;)

I will let you know what the doctor says.

I love you.
Butter :)

NoahsMommy
03-21-2005, 02:51 PM
Uh oh...poor Butter :(

I'll be praying for a good vet visit. Hope they figure out something that'll help you stop itching, honey.

Hugs and headbumpies,
Kelly :)

momoffuzzyfaces
03-21-2005, 02:53 PM
:( Aw, Butter baby! Forgive me for reading your mail to Barbara.

I hope you get rid of the itchies really fast! They are no fun!
All the cats here have paws crossed you feel better real soon.
I powder Leonardo with corn starch when he gets the itchies. It seems to help.
Prayers on the way you feel better soon from me too!

Logan
03-21-2005, 04:10 PM
Thank you both so much. It does make me worry and feel sad to see my little guy so torn up and obviously not feeling well. :( We're going to get to the bottom of this thing, I promise. I have just dropped Butter off the last two times due to time constraints, but this time I'm going in and will consult with the doc and see what in the world we can do about this. If it means trying to pill him everyday, then we'll try. :eek: His "sister", Lilly, is going too because she's having reoccuring tummy issues that need to be addressed as well. I want everyone back to 100% again soon!!!! :D

Logan

Killearn Kitties
03-21-2005, 04:48 PM
Good luck at the vet, sweeties! I'll be waiting to hear how you get on.

The girls send headbumpies.

catmandu
03-21-2005, 04:52 PM
Butter,we are sorry,that you are not feeling well,and The Found Cats Strays,and Feeder,are ALL Praying,for you,and Fluffy,and Gem Angels,will be at The Vets,to see that everything goes well.Why,as the Late Jimmy Dodd,used to sing? Because we LIKE YOU,Butter.

AmberLee
03-21-2005, 05:21 PM
Feel better fast, Butter-kins!

chocolatepuppy
03-21-2005, 06:09 PM
I will keep Butter and Lilly in my thoughts. I hope they both get better soon! :)

Edwina's Secretary
03-21-2005, 07:07 PM
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid59/p28763ac44d4734cafb92de0a56ae00d3/fc5c8fd6.jpg

catnapper
03-21-2005, 08:27 PM
Oh no! Miss Nicki jknows what those itchies are like, and she hopesButter finds a cure for them real fast! Nobody would wish those itchies on their worst enemy. Good luck you itchy boy!

Vio&Juni
03-22-2005, 03:59 AM
Oh, Poor Butter! We'll keep our fingers, tails, paws crossed for you and Lilly.

Logan
03-22-2005, 05:33 AM
Originally posted by Edwina's Secretary
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid59/p28763ac44d4734cafb92de0a56ae00d3/fc5c8fd6.jpg

I'm glad you still think of me, Edwina. I think of you, too. :)

Butter

Barbara
03-22-2005, 05:38 AM
Dear sweet Butter,
my heart hurts for you. I missed you- that is right -although I have not been online very much because of too much work!

I hope the doc finds something. Maybe your mom can PM Rosethecopycat because when I hear now of you I have the impression you could be forced to live like poor Almalfi, the boy in the bag:( But the good news is- Almalfi could come out of the bag and leave his sore legs alone:)

I send the most tender scritchies to you, my little friend.

Barbara

auggie
03-22-2005, 05:51 AM
Poor Butter!
I hope everything goes well at the vets today.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
03-22-2005, 12:26 PM
Oh no, poor Butter! I sure hope the white coat can find out why you are doing this to yourself! I hope it's nothing serious and if it turns out your meowmie needs to give you pills everyday, well then you just let her, ok? She loves you so much and just wants you to feel better.

Good luck at the white coats sweetie. :(

momoffuzzyfaces
03-22-2005, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by Edwina's Secretary
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid59/p28763ac44d4734cafb92de0a56ae00d3/fc5c8fd6.jpg Don't you know this sweet picture just HAS to make Butter feel better? ;)

Logan
03-22-2005, 02:57 PM
Edwina, keep thinking those good thoughts and include Helen and me in them, too, please. We're getting ready to load him into the crate. :eek:

Butter or I will report in later.

Logan

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
03-22-2005, 03:05 PM
Logan, are you and Helen still in one piece? Butter you be good now! :) :eek:

Cinder & Smoke
03-22-2005, 03:17 PM
Good Luck at the White Coat's, ButterBall!!

Maybe otta wish the White Coat "good luck" with Butter! :p

Logan
03-22-2005, 04:54 PM
We did it! :D No scratches, either!!! :) We used the soft sided carrier this time just to see if it was easier, and although he put up a pretty good fight, we got him in there, but it did take one holding and one zipping. :eek:

He is like jello at the vet's office for some reason, Cinder and Smoke, believe it or not. :rolleyes:

He weighed in at 12.2 pounds, so he hasn't lost weight. That's a good thing. He got a strong shot, plus we're going to try crushing a pill in a small amount of wet food daily and see if that will help keep him from this chewing. I haven't done any research, yet, but Dr. Robinson says that the "problem" is called Feline Medina (sp?) Dermatitis. And it is common in cats, apparently. I'll try to get a picture of his legs tonight when he settles down so I can show you exactly what it looks like when he is at his worst. It is allergy related, but hopefully with this new medication, we can get it under control and keep it that way.

Lilly had a little grooming session (Dr. Robinson pulled out his shaver and helped me get two mats from behind her ears), and she got a shot to help those belly problems, plus she will be treated for Whip Worms for 3 days, plus take a pill 3 times/day for a while to see if we can get rid of the "runs".

Hopefully they will both be on the road to recovery, soon!!!! :)

Thanks for all the good thoughts. Buttercup will check in later. ;)

Logan

Logan
03-22-2005, 06:36 PM
Dear Barbara,

I am tired. :( I didn't give my mom and Helen as much of a hard time as usual today. I guess I knew I needed to see the doctor. My legs itch so badly. :(

Mom took pictures of me tonight, resting on top of the jelly cabinet...I like it up there and I have never really spent any time there before!

Kissies to you........I've had my medicine and dinner and I think I will rest now.

Love,
Butter

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid162/p582bca3914771b8a69e661ee203f3718/f4bdd0b7.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid162/pc0c5e9bd638abd688381d9993f0185c4/f4bdd0b2.jpg

Even my mouth is irritated........Mom was trying to get a picture of my feet, though.........

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid162/pcd78167ba30bbce78f2ef001b9e318c1/f4bdd0ab.jpg

From a distance:

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid162/pc9e91faa46136a91c9c286732533a1b1/f4bdd0a3.jpg

Logan
03-23-2005, 06:23 AM
Bumping for Barbara :)

Killearn Kitties
03-23-2005, 07:07 AM
:( Poor Butter, that itch must be absolutely awful! I hope the new medication gets his condition under control.

Scritchies to Lilly too!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
03-23-2005, 11:35 AM
Logan, I'm wondering what Butter's leg looks like, is it that he has licked/chewed all the hair off and has bald legs? Just curious because that's what Peanut does. A few years ago I took her in for it and the vet said it could be stress and it could be allergies. He prescribed Prednisolone and it worked somewhat, but as soon as I started weaning her off she started up again. Lately the leg is more bare than ever, but it's only 1 leg where before it was both legs and even her tummy for awhile. I've stopped giving her the Pred on a regular basis because it's supposed to be hard on the kidneys and liver, but was wondering what Butter was prescribed. Maybe whatever it is can help Peanut?

Poor Butter, what a traumatic day for you.

jazzcat
03-23-2005, 11:42 AM
Oh poor Butter. I hope the shot will give you some quick relief and the crushed pill will keep it from coming back. I've never heard of that condition but poor little guy.

Poor Lilly too. I hope she's back to 100% soon.

momoffuzzyfaces
03-23-2005, 01:18 PM
Butter, I hope you are feeling better by now!
The cats are sending tons of headbumpies to you and I'm sending some kissies. Share them with Lilly, ok?;)

NoahsMommy
03-23-2005, 01:22 PM
(((Hugs for Butter, Lilly and Logan)))

I hope those pills and shot help our Butter stop itching so much. Poor guy.

Hope the meds help Lilly as well.

Hugs,
Kelly

P.S. Those pictures of Butter are so sweet! ♥

Logan
03-23-2005, 02:19 PM
Debbie, I will try and get a picture of his legs for you tonight so you can see. It is angry, red places where he has pulled out the hair and licked and licked and licked. It was worse than ever this time. I'll also give you the name of the medicine he's taking as well. I just didn't have the heart to disturb him on his perch last night. He was so tired. :)

Logan

Barbara
03-23-2005, 02:48 PM
Sorry Butter, we humans have a thing called work and sometimes it itches nearly as badly as your poor pawsies. Whenever I sign in I look for you and hope they find something that really helps.
Kisses
Barbara