PDA

View Full Version : A request for PT prayers for my sister...

wolflady
03-20-2005, 11:41 PM
I don't usually post much asking for anything here on PT, but I thought I would try my luck in the prayer department. My sister has just been diagnosed with avascular necrosis, which is really traumatic and upsetting to my entire family. I would appreciate some PT prayers for her. She just doesn't deserve this. For those of you who do not know what this disease is, basically her blood vessels aren't "feeding" her bones and they are dying and will eventually collapse. It sounds really horrible and there's really not a lot you can do about it. :(
I've just been so upset about this that I just don't know what to do or say. I feel so helpless...
:(

slick
03-20-2005, 11:52 PM
Karen, I'm so sorry to hear about your sister.:( Please know that I'm saying extra prayers for her. I was curious to know more about this disease so I did a search and came up with this.
http://healthlink.mcw.edu/article/926046182.html

Hugs Karen and you know where to reach me....
love
slick xoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Oggyflute
03-21-2005, 12:02 AM
Best wishes and thoughts for your sister mate. It's good that you are there for her.

gini
03-21-2005, 12:04 AM
Karen, how my heart goes out to you and your sister right now.

Please know that I will immediately offer prayers for your sister and will continue to do so.

I am so sorry.......how devastated your family must be. You have come to the right place...............because you know how much I and everyone on the board who knows you cares.

It is hard to imagine your beautiful smiling face - sad. I have only known you as such a happy person.

I send you a big hug too.

krazyaboutkatz
03-21-2005, 01:09 AM
Karen, I'm so sorry to hear about your sister.:( Lots of prayers and positive thoughts are being sent her way. Remember we're all here for emotional support if you need us. Please take care. {{{HUGS}}}

shais_mom
03-21-2005, 01:09 AM
I am so sorry to hear this Karen. She will be in my thoughts and prayers.

zippy-kat
03-21-2005, 01:12 AM
{{hugs}}

You guys are definitely in my thoughts and prayers!

NoahsMommy
03-21-2005, 02:14 AM
Your sis and family will be in my prayers. I'll do some more research for you tomorrow, hun.

Lots of hugs,
Kelly

popcornbird
03-21-2005, 02:31 AM
{{{hugs}}} to you Karen, and prayers for your sister. :(

ramanth
03-21-2005, 09:09 AM
Many prayers and healing vibes for your sister. *hugs*

Logan
03-21-2005, 09:43 AM
Karen, I'm so sorry to hear about this diagnosis. Please know that Scott and I will keep your sister in our prayers.

Logan

Corinna
03-21-2005, 09:59 AM
Prayers from Montana on their way.

robinh
03-21-2005, 10:13 AM
Big prayers coming your way.

I know what it's like to have a sister diagnosed with a disease. I have two sisters who have varying types of health concerns.

If there is anything good to come out of my sisters being diagnosed with serious diseases, we have all become so much closer. I hope this for you too.

luvofallhorses
03-21-2005, 01:23 PM
Prayers and hugs coming your way.

tatsxxx11
03-21-2005, 01:27 PM
Oh Karen, I'm so very sorry for you, your sister, your entire family. The worst is feeling so helpless:( I will be keeping you all in my prayers, friend. Please keep us updated. Thinking of you. Love, Sandra

EssTer
03-21-2005, 01:58 PM
Oh no...I´m sorry to hear this :(
Prayers and best best wishes are on way!!!

((((HUGS))))

wolflady
03-21-2005, 03:40 PM
Thank you all so very very much. It really means a lot to me that you all posted here and will be praying for my sister. The power of PT prayer is amazing and I know it can do wonderful things.

I talked to my sister this morning to see how she was feeling. She sounded ok, just a little weary. I went and bought some "feel good chick flicks" that I will be mailing to her as part of a care package. I hope it cheers her up...even if it's just a little bit.

We're all trying to be positive right now and also trying to learn as much as we can about this disease. It seems to be focused in her hips right now, but she has joint pain in her wrists and ankles too. We're not sure if it's going to turn out to be the same thing, or if it's her fibromyalgia.

**hugs**
Karen

AmberLee
03-21-2005, 04:40 PM
More prayers coming at ya.

{{{gentle hugs}}}

anna_66
03-21-2005, 04:47 PM
Karen I'm so sorry to hear about your sister. This must be so very hard on her, and you too.
I'll be keeping her in my thoughs.

aly
03-21-2005, 05:42 PM
Prayers for your sister on the way.

Care packages are great and I'm sure you'll brighten her day when she gets it. The loving support from her friends and family will get her through this.

*hugs*

GoldenRetrLuver
03-21-2005, 06:21 PM
I'm so sorry to hear about your sister, Karen. I'll be keeping her in my thoughts.

Soapets
03-21-2005, 06:44 PM
Thoughts and prayers from Nebraska, for your sister and YOU and your family......................

KYS
03-21-2005, 06:57 PM
I am so sorry to hear about your sister.
Many prayers are being sent to her, and her family.

((HUGS))

wolflady
03-25-2005, 01:24 PM
Thanks again everyone. I just thought I would update.

I got an email from my sister this morning about the doctor's appointment that she had yesterday. She's very upset, but everything was confirmed. The disease is worse in her right hip than in her left, but she has to be on crutches so as not to put any weight on her right hip. The only problem there, is that since she has to use her left leg to bear most of her weight, it will aggravate the disease in her left hip which will make the disease progress faster. It's a no-win situation. Poor thing. If both of her hips start paining at the same time, she'll have to switch to a wheelchair. She's so upset about all of this and still in a bit of shock. She's only 30 and just beginning to start her career. She just finished her phd and is now finishing her post doc internship, so all she has left is her license exam and finally a job out on her own. I can't imagine all of that stress piling down.
:(

pitc9
03-25-2005, 01:52 PM
My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family during this time.

*~Hugs~* to you all!

wolflady
03-25-2005, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by pitc9
My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family during this time.

*~Hugs~* to you all!

Thank you. :)
We can definitely use all the prayers we can get.

**hugs**