PDA

View Full Version : Plans for summer?

slleipnir
03-20-2005, 07:42 PM
It's almost summer vacation, yay! Holy crap, it's only a few weeks away!! (for me, anyway)

I was wondering what your plans/goals for the summer are?

I plan to work 5 days a week at least. Plus, I have a goal this summer to go over the whole island (PEI) and take pictures of the whole place o_O Gonna be fun...can't wait

Suki Wingy
03-20-2005, 07:48 PM
wow! lucky! ours starts in about 12 weeks!:eek:
I'm going to PA to visit my aunt and uncle and thier dog and horse and three cats. I'm also probably going to go on another road trip w/ my dad. I hope to visit 5 more states. (I'm trying to visit all48 continental states before I turn 18. I have about 20 more to go and three years to see them all!:eek: how am I going to do it? Hopefully dog shows!
My biggest goal is to enter myself and a dog in at least one conformation show.

GraciesMommy
03-20-2005, 07:49 PM
We are staying a week in San Marcos, TX at my MIL...(only to sleep) so she can keep Gracie and during the day we are taking day rides on the bike to Baderas, San Antonio, just all over...we have an 03 Goldwing so we will get up early every morning and come back late at night..altho we will probably stay one night at a B & B. That will be an inexpensive vacation as we plan to spend what we normally do on vacations having the yard professionally landscaped. This will still be fun and I won't have to worry about Gracie and still be able to see her at night.
Think we are going the first part of June..soon as school is out. I usually work a few days after the last day kids are out to close up the counselor's office

Shelteez2
03-20-2005, 07:56 PM
Well I already work 5 days a week :) ..... plus I have a ton of dog sitting jobs as well. In fact I'm not home once between March 23 and May 12th (4 different sitting jobs).

Then I'm driving to Kelowna for the PT meeting there in July....and I'm also taking another road trip to Wyoming in August.

sammy101
03-20-2005, 08:25 PM
im leaving for Canada on June 9th,then coming home sometime in July.:) cant wait!!:D
im going to Terrace-Kitimat,B.C,mabye Kelowna(not sure),Edmonton,Calgary and Manitoba.:)
Then we might go for a road trip in Texas.

Tollers-n-Dobes
03-20-2005, 08:54 PM
I don't really have alotof plans for the summer. I'm moving in July and I'm also going to the Kelowna PT meeting in July:) That's all I really know right now.

king2005
03-20-2005, 09:05 PM
U gotta go to the little cottage place inbetween the bridge & the C-town. There is a point & its SOOOOOO pretty. I had pics of it with the owners son when I was down many yrs ago.

Maybe if my b/f gets his Poilets licence, I can fly out & go with u. I miss the Island so much. I could even show u where my grandmas cottags use to be & u can see the MONSTER house in its place.

Also get pics of the boardwalk, I think its pretty. I know its in ur city, but I think its pretty & if I recall its near that special building. Darn I forget its name.

boy I hope I can go ther again soon.

slleipnir
03-20-2005, 10:26 PM
Which bridge do you mean? The confed bridge??

I'll probably go everywhere haha. The boardwalk by Victory Park is actually about 2 mins from my house ;) It's by the Goverment House if that's what you mean?? lol

flamepony12
03-20-2005, 10:29 PM
All I know right now is that I'm going to a PC sleepaway camp, and I'm going to be a Jr. Counselor at my little brother's day camp. :)

Uabassoon
03-20-2005, 10:31 PM
CA PetTalk meeting! That's my big trip for the summer, we are staying there for 4 nights and getting to meet lots of wonderful people from PT and spending two days at Disneyland/California Adventure.

But mostly I'll be working. Alexa is going to spend a month in Lithuania visiting family so I will be housesitting for her.

manda_moo87
03-20-2005, 10:46 PM
Get a job... and work, work, WORK!

:p

king2005
03-20-2005, 11:12 PM
Originally posted by slleipnir
Which bridge do you mean? The confed bridge??

I'll probably go everywhere haha. The boardwalk by Victory Park is actually about 2 mins from my house ;) It's by the Goverment House if that's what you mean?? lol

Ya the confederation bridge, thats the only bridge I know of hehehe.. Thats the building I'm talking about. I sell a postcard with the house on it & I think its pretty.

U wouldn't have any pics of the lights they put up every xmas?? My film was bad & none turned out. I took about 30 pics & my sis & I walked all over downtown to see all the lights at 11pm. Man was is pretty & boy was I angry to loose them all, including my first PEI xmas.

neko1
03-21-2005, 05:22 AM
Just what I normally do, work. We have no money so we won't be going anywhere or doing anything. (I would like to get another job though, so maybe that will happen for me:rolleyes: )

Samantha Puppy
03-21-2005, 05:39 AM
We're going to the Outer Banks in North Carolina for a week in June for our first anniversary. The last weekend in July, my husband's family always has a picnic (they call it a reunion but only certain family members are invited so it really isn't). Then in August, I'm going to Disney World with my best friend. Can't wait!

lute
03-21-2005, 06:52 AM
not sure what i'm gonna do yet. i'm thinking about traveling with a professonal dog handler to learn more about how to show dogs.

petslover
03-21-2005, 07:08 AM
My plans for this summer are to go to summer school. I need to get a few more college classes out of the way before the Fall Semester. I will be taking A&P 1 and A&P 2.. so wish me luck. I will need it. lol

Maya & Inka's mommy
03-21-2005, 08:07 AM
Our plans for this summer (July and August) vacation aren't defenite yet. I have to go to hospital first for a second series of tests (for MS :( ). We might leave for Normandy for a few days, and Germany (Mosel); both destinations are only 4 hours away from here :)

Buddy Blaze Lover
03-21-2005, 03:19 PM
We don't really have any plans yet, which is unusual.:) Maybe just take it easy, and I hope to take a trip to Kansas to see my best friend too.

GoldenRetrLuver
03-21-2005, 06:45 PM
In August, my family and I along with some of my friends are going on a cruise to Catalina for about a week. I've never been on a cruise before, so I'm kind of excited. :)

Other then that, I don't know if we have any other plans.

Godzilla
03-21-2005, 07:03 PM
My plans:
Go to the park and Cacth snakes and toads, and try to find 'big bertha' the snapping turtle (I swear, that thing lives in my local pond and must weigh about 30 lbs!). Other than that, watch summer movies and read.

Lillycat
03-22-2005, 12:52 PM
cape may, nj........cant wait.....:)

CountryWolf07
03-22-2005, 12:54 PM
Maybe Texas.... or Tennessee...

pitc9
03-22-2005, 01:22 PM
I have yet another summer full of weddings and showers. Last year my hubby and I had 6 weddings, I was only in 1 of them.

This year, I am in a wedding on August 27th, I am the Matron of honor for a wedding on October 1st and we are invited to a wedding on Oct 16th. Along with those weddings, each one has a wedding shower and a batchlorette party too!!! Ahhh!

We already know about 2 weddings next Spring!

This is what you younger girls all get to look forward to when you are 25-30 years old. Weddings, weddings, and more weddings!!

THEN in a year or two it will be baby showers... one after another! LOL!!!