PDA

View Full Version : Today's adoption day

jenluckenbach
03-20-2005, 07:23 PM
Beware, along with adoption news is going to be some "Jen feeling sorry for herself" rants........

First the good stuff.

Maria has a pending adoption. The aplication is filled out but the people are taking a cruise and won't be back for 2 weeks. They'd like to hold off taking her until they come home. A reasonable request and she may gladly stay here.

Trinity, a lovely medium hair tortie girl (who I did not even post about yet) has gone to her new home AND the people still want to adopt a baby, possibly in 2 weeks at our next event. And Trinity LOVES cats and kittens.

We admitted one of the most lovely himmies today (he was found as a stray :confused: ). he is a very big boy and he needed to be tested, so I offered to hold him for the vet tech. Well, he was a super good boy, but strong and wiggled a lot. his claws managed to ruin my shirt. :( And just 2 weeks ago at our last event, the exact same thing happened to my other shirt. :( AND to top that off......I gained so much weight that my OTHER 2 shirts no longer fit me properly :eek: (all 1 by 1 rescue logo shirts) So here is Charlie without a job and me not willing to spend any money to replace my favorite shirts. I am really depressed.

So that is the good and the bad of the day.

OH!!! How could I forget.....I also brought home a NEW foster. An orange and white long haired boy, 9 months old. He was stressed at today's event. (his people had just returned him to us today). And now he is in a strange place, with strange cats and he is NOT happy. Pictures when he calms down.

catnapper
03-20-2005, 07:42 PM
I saw the boo boos on the shirt - time to pull out the needle and thread Jen ;) I have the smae type boo boos on both my shirts too. We match! :D Besides, they didn;t have any shirts there today so we couldn;t have bought one.

Oh...
and you stole Minette's new home! :D :p

jenluckenbach
03-20-2005, 07:52 PM
Don't worry Kim, those people are going to back out....I feel it in my bones. :(

And nothing looks worse than sewing up a hole in the middle of your (MY) big fat belly.

catnapper
03-20-2005, 07:54 PM
They finally decided on a cat after how many months? I think they'll take her. And keep her.

How about a patch? I have a patch on the hole on my shoulder that I showed you today -- used a very thin iron-on patch on the underside. You never even knew it was there!

rg_girlca
03-20-2005, 08:59 PM
YAY Trinity on your new forever home.

I hope Maria's pending adoption still works out.

I hope you don't mind me asking Jen, but why was the orange and white long haired boy returned? Was he a former foster?

I'm sorry that your shirts got ruined Jen. Maybe the next time you have to handle a kitty, you can put on an apron or smock, in hopes that it will somewhat help protect your shirts.

((((((HUGS))))))

jenluckenbach
03-21-2005, 05:17 AM
The orange boy, Pumpkin, was returned because of allergies :rolleyes:. (I am always suspicious of that excuse, especially after having the cat for 7 months)

And I should be smart enough to use some sort of apron, but I do so many dog/cat jobs without issues (I do it every day for heavens sake) that I never think something will happen. For me, it is only the important things that get ruined, never my work shirts. :p

catcrazylady
03-21-2005, 06:55 AM
Wow Jen that was a lot of good news and bad!

Great news about the adoptions. That's always so good to hear!:D

Bad news about Pumpkin being returned.:( Then again, if that wasn't the right home for him then I'm glad he's not staying there. I don't remember a long haired orange/white kitty. Did you have him before? I have thing for those orange/whites you know!;)

Sorry about your shirts. It really stinks when they are your favorites! Maybe some small patches would work. Let Kim fix them up for you since she did hers.;) :D
Boy howdy do I know what you mean about getting fat!!!! I guess all my winter stored up fat is popping out but good now! Plus not working! I'm spreading by leaps and bounds. I'm going to have to find something to do with myself before I can't wear anything anymore!:eek:

catmandu
03-21-2005, 08:57 PM
Im sorry,to hear,that your shirts,were ruined,and maybe you can patch them,up.or make do.And I am suspicious ,too when I see a Cat,returned to a shelter.What some,of these people,should say,is that theier parents arent there,to pick,up after them,anymore,and having a Cat,is a lot like work.I hope,one day,that thier children think,that they are too much work,and dump,them,in a nursing home,WOW! Scrappy 2,is going,to work,on Carlas Turbo Toy!http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/catphotos684.jpg

mina'smomma
03-21-2005, 10:32 PM
Originally posted by jenluckenbach
[B]The orange boy, Pumpkin, was returned because of allergies :rolleyes:. (I am always suspicious of that excuse, especially after having the cat for 7 months)

It couldn't have taken this long for an allergy to just up and develop :mad: They probably figured out what work it is to keep a loving home for such darling and didn't want to make the effort. What buttheads!!!!!:mad: Pumpkin is probably better off and may find a better home that will show him lots of love.