PDA

View Full Version : time to go

Josh4Colts
03-20-2005, 07:03 PM
I think the 1000000 posts sign is really cool but does anyone else think it is sort of annoying not being able to see some of the threads. It was neat for a while but I think it is time to get rid of the huge sign.

Lexi_Lover
03-20-2005, 07:35 PM
This is a big thing for PTers right now. You haven't been here that long but for others that have, it shows then a sense of pride somewhat! I consider it a very nice banner and shows people how much we care about our pets! A lot of people have been through a lot here, and to see that sometimes brightens their day to show that they contributed and so have others, that care about their pets!

I know it makes me feel that way, and a couple others too! :)

What do you mean that you can't see some of the threads?

buckner
03-20-2005, 07:36 PM
I haven't seen a major change in the thread count? If there was, I'd just change pages of threads. Not a *huge* inconvenience, imo. I understand your point, however. When I come to the homepage, it's really white and it looks different, but I think it should stay.

One million posts is something to celebrate here at Pet Talk. That's a lot of posts.. think about it. For a forum that's not even 5 years old - yes, that's a lot of posts. Again, I think it should stay.

Suki Wingy
03-20-2005, 07:53 PM
yes, I agree it should stay, but I think the background should be grey again and I want the colorfull sign to come back!:p

micki76
03-20-2005, 07:55 PM
I think the white is a bit bright, but I think the banner should stay. This is a BIG deal for us! :)

cookieluver7
03-20-2005, 07:58 PM
I enjoy seeing the sign, I think it's very nice to know that, we pet talkers, have accomplished something, 1 MILLION POSTS!! So I will have to disagree with you there, Josh4colts, I think that the banner should stay!

:)

Josh4Colts
03-20-2005, 08:03 PM
It's just too big, otherwise I don't mind it.

catnapper
03-20-2005, 08:04 PM
I enjoy the sign. I also like the white - its crisp and clean. Energizing. Party on til the next million posts! :D

Suki Wingy
03-20-2005, 08:06 PM
Maybe the color should change every million posts?

Maya & Inka's mommy
03-21-2005, 08:29 AM
Originally posted by micki76
I think the white is a bit bright, but I think the banner should stay. This is a BIG deal for us! :)

Exactly!! Keep that banner, please!

EssTer
03-21-2005, 02:01 PM
I think that sign should stay...I think it´s quite big thing for all PTers, that have been here for a while ;)

slleipnir
03-21-2005, 02:47 PM
I find it too big too...and I think it could be smaller. I guess I'm getting use to it now.

I guess I'm just weird.

Josh4Colts
03-21-2005, 06:57 PM
Originally posted by slleipnir
I find it too big too...and I think it could be smaller. I guess I'm getting use to it now.

I guess I'm just weird.

I agree with you. It was cool the first day but we're at least 1000 over a million now. It's time to go.

dukedogsmom
03-21-2005, 07:39 PM
The white hurts my eyes. Other than that, I have no complaints.

aly
03-21-2005, 08:16 PM
I was thinking it was a temporary thing. Does anyone know if it is permanent?

popcornbird
03-21-2005, 08:40 PM
I don't mind the banner...1,000,000 posts is a big thing for us...BUT, it could be smaller, and I really miss the purple-ness. I miss our old background color. Just doesn't seem like PT with all the white-ness. I was thinking it was temporary though. Is it?

Karen
03-21-2005, 08:45 PM
It is.

green_chameleon_girl
03-21-2005, 09:09 PM
To me its such an awesome thing to look at that big banner and think: hey! I was apart of this! I helped make this happen!! I was a part of this Pet Talk History!:D I guess everyone has there different opinions, and the banner is only temporary right? Lets enjoy it while it lasts!!:);)

flamepony12
03-21-2005, 09:42 PM
I agree with heather, I think it's very cool to know that you helped reach this exciting point in PT history! ;) But I also agree with PCB, I miss the old background color. ^_~

Cookiebaker
03-22-2005, 04:50 AM
It's really sad that everybody is so critical. What difference does it make? I liked the banner, and am now sad that it's gone.

Thanks Karen, for the special banner! It was lovely while it was here, and I'm sorry that people were quick to send it away. :(

dukedogsmom
03-22-2005, 06:24 AM
I liked it too, Cookiebaker. And the person that brought up the topic hasn't hardly been here any time to understand how important it was. I would love the old background back, though.

Barbara
03-22-2005, 07:32 AM
I loved it too. I hoped it would stay for a week or month or so:(

And I can live with any background :)

But Valerie: I like your new siggy:D

Logan
03-22-2005, 07:46 AM
Originally posted by Cookiebaker
It's really sad that everybody is so critical. What difference does it make? I liked the banner, and am now sad that it's gone.

Thanks Karen, for the special banner! It was lovely while it was here, and I'm sorry that people were quick to send it away. :(

I totally agree with you, Anna. :)

Samantha Puppy
03-22-2005, 07:56 AM
Originally posted by dukedogsmom
And the person that brought up the topic hasn't hardly been here any time to understand how important it was. I thought the same thing.

I wish Karen would put the banner back up. Those of us who "get" what 1,000,000 posts meant appreciate it and are proud of it. We hope you didn't make your decision based on some newbie, Karen... And I don't think any of the regulars would mind if you put it right back up.

anna_66
03-22-2005, 09:08 AM
I too liked the banner, it really meant something to us that have been here for a while. PT is special, so getting to 1,000,000 was special too.
Thanks again Karen & Paul:)

popcornbird
03-23-2005, 01:00 AM
I'm sad to see the banner go too. I liked it. I think it would've been nicer at a smaller size, but it was lovely, and something most of us really appreciated. Guess that's okay though. I just miss the old background color...don't like the white-ness.

BTW...for some reason, ever since the banner was put up, I keep getting 'logged off' from PT every few minutes. Sometimes it happens when I'm replying to a thread or PM, and when I click 'reply', it logs me off and erases my whole message. Its driving me crazy! Is this happening to anyone else? It never happened to me until the day the banner was put up...and its still happening every now and then...:(

aly
03-23-2005, 01:04 AM
That hasn't been happening to me at all PCB.

For those of you who are upset, why not put something in your sig? I think Karen and Paul were planning on the banner being temporary anyway. Make the best of whatever decisions Karen and Paul make because they'll never be able to please every member of this board at once!