PDA

View Full Version : Has Anyone Else Done This?

MariaM
03-20-2005, 03:16 PM
Yesterday I had a great time and went to a highschool theatre for a Lord of the Rings marathon. I got there at 8:30 hehe. The first movie started at 9:30 and ended at about 1. The second movie started at 2 and ended at approximately 5:45. The third movie started at 7 and went until approximately 11:15. I went with one friend and we had so much fun. They were all exteneded editions too, my first time seeing them. It was great.

aly
03-20-2005, 03:54 PM
Wow, I've never done that. Did you start to get bored or tired toward the end?

Buddy Blaze Lover
03-20-2005, 04:11 PM
My friend did that, and I think that's neat. I have all 3 extended versions, and I LOVE them!!!!! How did you like the extended scenes??:D

MariaM
03-20-2005, 09:20 PM
I thought the extended editions were great! I don't have any of them on DVD yet, I think I'm going to get the extended ones even though I'll be saving for a while lol.

It sort of went like this.

The first one seemed kind of long. (actually the shortest) I guess in my mind I thought I WOULD get tired of it by night so the first one seemed to drag on...I don't know. It was good and I didn't fall asleep at all. I was sitting on the seat with my legs over the one in front of me for the most time. (More comfortable than sitting normally, but not that comfortable) Also, there was no food or drink allowed so my friend and I had to smuggle. I got the pop, she got the chips. It was rather funny...she managed to drop a few chips but I didn't spill any pop. (thank goodness) We also had a few of our own jokes during the first.

The second went by faster than the 1st and it was more enjoyable. I was mad at myself...the guy said that there was more scenes during the Battle of Helm's Deep (one of my favorite parts) and I'm sure I fell asleep for all of it. I think I was only out for about 10 minutes though. I kind of layed down on the seats for most of this one, it was a bit uncomfortable and I had to switch positions every now and then, but it was still better than the previous. During this one, my friend had only smuggled in a pop. And she spilled it!! I was lying down but I had to be able to see...so I had to rest my arm on the armrest which was EXTREMELY uncomfortable. I decided my scarf would help so I pulled it up (some of it had fallen on the floor) and it was WET. It was so funny...it also smelled like Sprite. We laughed quite a bit during this one, lots of jokes.

I have to go now but I'll come back and share my 3rd movie stories later. I know nobody really cares, but I want to anyway. It was the most fun I've had in a while.

Maya & Inka's mommy
03-21-2005, 08:26 AM
I LOVE the Lord of the Rings trilogie!! We have the 3 movies on DVD. But I would NEVER been able to watch 3 long movies in a row :eek: . My back already kills me after 1 single movie...:(

Buddy Blaze Lover
03-21-2005, 03:07 PM
That sounds so neat Maria! Gosh, I love those movies!! The extended scenes of Merry and Pippin in the TTT;) are awesome aren't they??!! The 3rd one should have longer scenes on the extended parts though, you might think I'm crazy, but I think the Houses of Healing and the Eowyn and Faramir should both be longer. I mean, in the book, there's an ENTIRE chapter on both of those!!!!!! Have you read the books?? I love 'em too, SOOO much!!! Believe me, I'm a LOTR freak, lol!:D