PDA

View Full Version : New Here!

momof5slobberslingers
03-20-2005, 09:08 AM
Hi, everybody!

I'm new here, and as the name says, I'm mom to 4 living basset hounds, and one who has gone on to the Rainbow Bridge. We are owned by Raymond, who is 5 years old, and our Alpha; Fredder, a 1/2 basset 1/2 bulldog female who will be 2 in August, and is the most wonderful dog in the world; Buford, a fantastically beautiful dark tri-color boy who is 3 years old; and we have Martina, who is our foster girl from Basset Hound Rescue of Alabama, and is 4 years old. Copper, our 7-year old rescue houndie, went to the Bridge last October. We rescued him from an awful situation, and he had heartworms when he came to live with us. After 2 months of loving, feeding, and good care, he had his heartworm treatments, but developed pneumonia. Due to his being so neglected and debilitated for so many years, he didn't have enough reserves to call on to fight the pneumonia, and passed away, taking a big chunk of my heart with him. Such a lovely old man...

We are also slaves to 3 kitties: Akasha, our 2 year old Siamese; Snuggle, a black and white short-haired kitten who is thoroughly spoiled and knocks things off the counters for the houndies to eat; and we just acquired Charlie from the humane society--he's 12 years old, a HUGE cat with long hair--he was going to be put to sleep, and we couldn't stand the thought of it. The humane society let us have him for free, because they didn't want to put him to sleep, either!

Let us not forget the betta fish, Gary and Jaws....

This looks like a wonderful site, and I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone!

Cindy

Cincy'sMom
03-20-2005, 09:19 AM
Welcome Cindy!

I have three rescued mutts, Sadie a 4 1/2 yr old Lab/Dal, Cincy a 3 1/2 yr old Lab/? and Spot a 4 1/2 yr old dal/lab.

I love bassetts. They have such personality and are so funny. I hope you will share pictures with us :D

I love your user ID. Too cute!

K9soul
03-20-2005, 10:11 AM
Loved your intro thread, welcome Cindy!!! Sounds like a wonderful fur and finned family you have there :). I do hope you enjoy Pet Talk and become as addicted as the rest of us! :D

tatsxxx11
03-20-2005, 02:12 PM
Welcome to you and your crew, Cindy! What a big, happy group:D Bassets are so sweet! It sounds like they're a lucky bunch to have a caring Mom like you! Can't wait to see pics of them all, including the kitties and fishies!:) I hope you like it here! I'm Sandra and you can meet my kids below in my sig! Welcome!;)

GraciesMommy
03-20-2005, 02:13 PM
Welcome to PT..
I have one single solitary yorkie poo and most likely she will be an only child furever..lol...she is all I can handle..

Kevin Farmer
03-20-2005, 02:27 PM
we too are owned by an only fur child...he refuses to share us with another....but we love to share our MAXIMUS....hope you have as much fun as we have on PT. :p :p :p

vinjashira
03-20-2005, 02:30 PM
Hi and Welcome to Pet Talk! That's a lovely introduction of you and your animals :) We are looking forward to seeing the pictures.

William

Oggyflute
03-20-2005, 11:45 PM
G'day Cindy & welcome to Pet Talk, I'm Trev and have two standard schnauzers. Can't wait to see pics of the pups.:D

momof5slobberslingers
03-21-2005, 11:17 AM
Going to try to post pics of the houndies:

Martina:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v488/cswearingen/Martina.jpg

Buford:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v488/cswearingen/bufordcutout.png

Fredder:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v488/cswearingen/fredder.png

Raymond:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v488/cswearingen/Raymonddoors.png

Chica
03-21-2005, 12:48 PM
HELLO CINDY,

THIS IS A GREAT SITE TO TALK ABOUT YOUR PETS OR ANYTHING ELSE! :) I AM OWNED BY A 11 MONTH OLD BRINDLE CHIHUAHUA, "CHICA". HAVE A GREAT DAY!:D
SHERRY, CHICA'S MOM;)

vinjashira
03-21-2005, 01:11 PM
thank you for the pictures! they are lovely! :)

sandragonfly
03-22-2005, 06:53 PM
hey cindy, welcome here!! what a "purrfect" family you have! I'll bet you to post more than hundreds in a few months -- you can't not to be addicted from any addiction! this is a GREAT site, and have superb luck along with us!

a little more bit about myself, 22, deaf and I'm...well, now was a vet assistant and daily never stop waiting to get home to my 13 lovely felines, an awesome canine, two adorable little squeakies(rats) and a few bubbles.

again, warmth weaslcomes!! :D

momof5slobberslingers
03-22-2005, 07:04 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome, everyone!!!

KYS
03-22-2005, 07:22 PM
Welcome to Pet Talk. :)

LauraT7
03-23-2005, 09:53 AM
Welcome -

and what a great name! boy that says it all - "slobberslingers" -doesn't it? ;-)

but you can't help but love 'em....

I'm a golden retreiver person, myself - but I love anything with furr, really. Bassets are really sweet.

We recently lost our Golden Chessie mix, Tristan, to lymphoma, and toyed with the idea of getting a different breed (losing him to lymphoma and the fight for his life really broke our hearts - we were afraid of having to deal with another major cancer illness if we got another rescue golden - irrational, but then, most fears are!) My son wanted to look into Bassetts - as a neighbor has one, 'Hoagie' that is so very sweet - but we do alot of camping, canoeing and hiking, and they just didn't seem to be right for us.

Anyway, we ended up adopting another golden, "Fizz", she came from a respected breeder with a very healthy pedigree. She just didn't pass her heart clearances for breeding, and the breeder wanted her to have a loving home.

We also have a orange and white kitty, Pixel, who wandered into our house over Christmas, and decided to stay, and we have an aquarium full of fish - which changes alot - as we tend to get fish other people don't want!

Glad to see you on the board, and i look forward to many photos of your 'slobberers'! LOL!

laura

luvofallhorses
03-23-2005, 09:59 AM
Welcome your bassets are GORGEOUS! :D I am owned by 4 dogs,2 cats, and one guinea pig. I hope you enjoy your stay here :D

Jods
03-23-2005, 10:00 AM
Welcome to PT I am owned by 2 dogs two cats and many other small animals! This is great site and by looking at your intro I know you'll fit right in. :)

2dog1cat
03-23-2005, 10:12 AM
Welcome to PT, slobbers, I love your babies. I am also new and am owned by 2 dogs and 1 cat. The good news is.......I own the hubby!

I just finished a roll of film so I'll be able to post new pics of my babes soon

ramanth
03-23-2005, 10:14 AM
Welcome Cindy!

I'm Kimmy and I'm mom to a husky/ACD mix Kia, and two cats, Logan and Zam.

I also have a crested gecko named Syth. :)

Look forward to stories and pictures. :D

cyber-sibes
03-23-2005, 10:24 AM
Welcome to PT! You have a handsome crew there! My brother had a bassett for years, and our neighbor had 2 - they're great dogs! i'm sure you'll enjoy the site!

RobiLee
03-23-2005, 10:43 AM
Hello and Welcome to Pet Talk!

Your pups are so cute and I look forward to hearing about them and seeing more pics!

Robin :)