PDA

View Full Version : I'm not having a very god weekend :(

luckies4me
03-20-2005, 12:35 AM
I've been crying for two days straight. I don't even know what to say. Maybe I just wanted to come here because here people actually care about what happens to someone else. I've been busting my butt the last week and all people have been doing is yelling at me. Not only that but my bf has been a major prick all day. :( I'm just so sick of trying to please everyone and it not working. :( I'm about ready to just say screw it and leave. I really thought about just hitchiking to Vegas or something. :(

luckies4me
03-20-2005, 12:40 AM
One of the big things was my roomate told me to go kill myself. He meant it. I am the ONLY one who cleans in this apartment, and he actually told me he doesn't care at all if I clean, that it means nothing to him and he doesn't appreciate it at all. That he'd rather have it dirty, after I spent 4 hours cleaning the living room, doing all the dishes, cleaning the bathroom etc. Sometimes I really hate people.

moosmom
03-20-2005, 12:48 AM
I'm sorry you're feeling so crappy Cass. Your roommate sounds like a real GUY! I'd do what my Mom used to do with us when we were kids. Let him know from now on, anything that is left laying around will be put in a box. At the end of the week, it gets tossed. Then do it. See how neat he becomes then. It worked for us. But then again, you're dealing with guy mentality.

I just checked the calendar. A full moon is coming. Maybe that's why everyone is acting weird. :confused:

Cheer up, kiddo. Things will get better. When the going gets tough, the tough go SHOPPING!!! ;)

luckies4me
03-20-2005, 01:17 AM
HAHA! And that's EXACTLY what I'm going to do right now too! LOL! :D :D :D :p

NoahsMommy
03-20-2005, 03:26 AM
I'm sorry, Cass. What a truly horrible thing to say. :(

You are important and we do care. Just ignore the people that are obviously not happy in their own lives to be that cruel.

Take care, take a hot bubble bath and buy something nice. Retail therapy always works for me.

;)

Hugs,
Kelly

EssTer
03-20-2005, 05:03 AM
Oh, Cass, I´m really sorry to hear this..I really hope everything´s gonna be fine soon...

(((HUGS))) :)

KYS
03-20-2005, 08:51 AM
What a crappy statement for your roommate to make.
I agree get some boxes, put them out of your sight and
put his dirty stuff in it.

If he continues with this attitude.....
As for dishes etc.
This might be a short term fix.
Paper plates might be a good idea.
Wash your stuff only.
leave his dirty dishes and let the stuff get caked on it.
Let's see how long he
likes to living in filth and having his other stuff piled up
in boxes till he takes care of it.

If it doesn't improve I would try to find another roomate
when the lease is up.

Maya & Inka's mommy
03-20-2005, 09:54 AM
Originally posted by moosmom
anything that is left laying around will be put in a box. At the end of the week, it gets tossed. Then do it. See how neat he becomes then.

Wow, thanks for the great idea! Sounds perfect for my son Jo!!

Originally posted by moosmom
I just checked the calendar. A full moon is coming. Maybe that's why everyone is acting weird. :confused:

Makes me understand lots of things, lol!

Cheer up, Cass, spring is in the air, so get out and enjoy!

kuhio98
03-20-2005, 10:10 AM
Cass ~ I'm so sorry you're feeling unappreciated.
One thing I've learned in my 40+ years. You can't please everyone. You have to please yourself. Trying to please others is a waste of your valuable time. You could be the most perfect (whatever that is) human being that ever walked the planet and someone would have something nasty to say about it. :rolleyes:

Don't clean the house because you want your room mate to appreciate or validate you. Clean it because you prefer it that way.

And, at the risk of sounding like Dr. Phil ~ you teach people how to treat you. If you are feeling ignored, unappreciated or taken advantage of by several people in your life, it could be that they have taken your helpfulness and goodnatureness as a sign that you are a "doormat". :(

Now, they aren't going to like it when their little kitten shows her claws, but that may be what you have to do. Demand respect!

You sound a lot like me when I was in my 20's. Like was a lot happier once I stood up for myself. Good luck!

cookieluver7
03-20-2005, 12:10 PM
That's terrible! And do NOT kill yourself. That was a horrible thing for your roommate to say! We love you here, just ignore nasty comments from others!

Abby

luckies4me
03-20-2005, 05:06 PM
Thanks everyone. I'll try what was recommended and see if he starts cleaning up after himself. I'm doing a little bit better today though.

Oggyflute
03-20-2005, 11:28 PM
Get rid of the roomate, he sounds like a real fool. don't take crap from the b/f either, he doesn't appreciate how good he's got it. Cheer up kiddo. :)

joycenalex
03-21-2005, 06:43 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by luckies4me
[B]One of the big things was my roomate told me to go kill myself. He meant it.
honey, do you have to live there? this sounds like a bad situation to me. can you afford to live on your own?

petslover
03-21-2005, 07:04 AM
Hey! I hope this week brings you lots of fun and good rewards to look forward too. You are a GREAT person! I enjoy seeing each and every post of yours here at Pet Talk. People can make crappy remarks sometime and not really mean it. Some people talk before they think. They can say hurtful things, but deep down inside I know that YOU are a great person. I hope everything gets better for you.

moosmom
03-21-2005, 01:40 PM
Hey Cass!

How are things on the home front??? Better I hope.

luckies4me
03-21-2005, 04:12 PM
Meh, I'm feeling OK, except for the fact that my bf keeps pissing me off.

I really can't move right now. I don't have the money, and even if I did I care for the feral cats here. I need to put up with it a little longer until I can figure something out for the cats.