PDA

View Full Version : Need Prayers for my Poppy. :(

rg_girlca
03-19-2005, 11:04 PM
Poppy has taken a fancy to jumping up on shelves lately.
Well tonight as I was on my computer I heard this loud noise and saw Poppy running out of the bathroom. I have a unit that is placed over the toilet that stands about 5' 8" tall and he must have tried to jump off the sink onto the top shelf where I keep my towels and facecloths.
After picking up the towels and placing them back up, I saw Poppy laying in the hallway. I got on my knees and started scolding him for going up there. Well he got up and tried to walk.
He was walking so crooked and limping, I started to cry. I yelled to my hubby that Poppy was hurt. Poppy will take just a few steps, favoring his left side, and then lay down. My hubby said that he probably hit the side of the sink or came down hard onto the toilet and sprained his leg. I pray though that it isn't his back. He said to wait until tomorrow to see how he is and if he isn't any better, we will take him to the vets.
I will keep him in my room tonight, so he stays quiet. Guess who won't be getting much sleep tonight.

Please pray that he will be okay by tomorrow.

karlyb
03-19-2005, 11:14 PM
Poor little Poppy. I hope he's feeling lots better by tomorrow.

manda_moo87
03-19-2005, 11:17 PM
Oh, poor sweet Poppy! Sending prayers your way little guy!

christa
03-19-2005, 11:20 PM
Oh no, Poppy! You're not a monkey, sweetie!!!

Prayers for Poppy! He'll "spring" back soon . . . (sorry, I couldn't resist)

I've been having similar problems with Brodie . . . he thinks he can climb like a monkey . . . fell flat on his face the other day from about 5 feet up off the ground. :rolleyes: Thankfully he wasn't injured!

Poppy, stay on the ground buddy! & get to feeling better!

Prairie Purrs
03-19-2005, 11:31 PM
Poor baby! I hope he's all better by tomorrow--a good night's sleep with his meowmie will surely help.

krazyaboutkatz
03-20-2005, 02:37 AM
I'm so sorry to hear about Poppy.:( I sure hope it's nothing serious. Lots of prayers and positive thoughts are being sent your way. Please update us when you can. {{{HUGS}}}

jenluckenbach
03-20-2005, 05:00 AM
Poor dear Poppy. :( Praying that it is not serious and works itself out real soon.

EssTer
03-20-2005, 05:14 AM
awwww..Poor Poppy! Hope he´s gonna be fine soon!!!

((KISSES AND HUGS))

chocolatepuppy
03-20-2005, 05:35 AM
Prayers heading Poppys way. I hope it's nothing serious!

catnapper
03-20-2005, 06:18 AM
Oh no! Not my Poppy! I hope he's ok, and merely has a bruised muscle or something like that. Sending prayer (and lots of them) that Poppy is ok and nothing is seriously wrong.

catcrazylady
03-20-2005, 06:25 AM
Oh no!! Poor little Poppy!!
Prayers on the way that he is all better by this morning. Please Lorraine let us know how he is doing as soon as you can.

catmandu
03-20-2005, 06:45 AM
The Found cats,are praying,that Poopys exploring nature,has not resulted,in a serious injury,and that he is back,to normal,soon,a little wiser,on where,to jump.

K & L
03-20-2005, 06:49 AM
How's Poppy doing? I sure hope he just bruised himself and it's nothing serious. I'll be watching for an update.

rg_girlca
03-20-2005, 09:21 AM
Thanks everyone for your prayers, Poppy and I really appreciate them.

Poppy is still limping quite a bit this morning.
I have an appointment this morning at 11:15 with my vet.

Wish us luck.

I let you know what is what when we get back.

QueenScoopalot
03-20-2005, 10:10 AM
Oh no Lorraine! :( Ooodles of prayers winging your way for sweet Poppy boy. I sure hope it's nothing serious.

sirrahbed
03-20-2005, 10:42 AM
oh ((((LORRAINE))) - I hope and pray all is well with sweet Poppy! That jumping is so scary - silly Lizzie does it also and has sprained a muscle, limped a few days but now fine. I hope it is the same with Poppy!!

Oh my, guess we can't make them stop what they think is fun unless they stop themselves.

Another (((HUG))) for Meowmie!

I know you will write when you get home and we will be waiting.

rg_girlca
03-20-2005, 11:41 AM
Thank you all again for your prayers and well wishes.:)

Yes Debbie, you are right, it is, thankfully, a sprained muscle and he should back to himself in a few days. Hopefully there will not be a repeat of this, but if so, I won't be such a basket case like I was last night.
The vet did a very thorough examination of his back, legs and paws and dear sweet Poppy was purring away while clinging onto me. What I love about him is that when the vet is finished doing what he has to do with him, Poppy will reach up to me to be picked up and wraps his paws around my neck. This is the ONLY time he does this and it just melts my heart.
He is 8 months old now and weighs 10 lbs.

Here is what my silly little clumsy monkey is doing right now.
Going to the vets is soooo tiring.:D
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v241/tiger04/MyDigitalBabies032.jpg

sirrahbed
03-20-2005, 11:43 AM
Great news Lorraine!! I know you are soooo relieved - what a scare!!:eek:

Poppy looks no worse for his ordeal - sprawled out in a sunny spot!! Thank you so much for the promt report:D

Whew!!! <BIG SIGH>

*KISSY*KISSY*KISSY* for sweet Poppy! (when he wakes up)

rg_girlca
03-20-2005, 12:15 PM
Thanks so much Debbie. :D Yes indeed, a big *SIGH* is right.

I forgot to mention that when we got home, hubby put down some chicken for Poppy because he was such a good boy.
This coming from the man that wanted NOTHING to do with Poppy when I first brought him home and NOW, nothing is too good for his Poppy Woppy.:D

Kisses and hugs will be delivered with great pleasure.:)

catcrazylady
03-20-2005, 01:14 PM
GREAT news Lorraine!!!! I'm so happy that Poppy is ok and will be back to his silly old self real soon. That is wonderful news!
:D :D :D

I love these cat daddy's! Daddy's little Poppy Woppy got some chicken!:p That is soooooooo cute!!! Almost as cute as Poppy!:D

jazzcat
03-20-2005, 02:10 PM
Oh no! My poor Poppy boy! I'm so glad it wasn't more serious. I'm sure you had a rough night worrying about him.

Thank you for the picture. It's good to see he's doing okay with my own eyes.

krazyaboutkatz
03-20-2005, 02:53 PM
I'm so glad to hear that it's nothing serious and that Poppy should be back to his normal self in a few days.:D He's such a sweetheart.:)

rg_girlca
03-20-2005, 03:07 PM
Thanks Lisa, Lori and KAK.

I swear though this little one is going to give me a heart attack.
I no longer turn around and he is trying to get up on the computer shelf. He made it though before I could reach him.
The vet did say to TRY and not let him go up on anything too high. Yeah RIGHT doc.!!!!

kimlovescats
03-20-2005, 07:23 PM
Lorraine, I am just now reading this thread for the first time! Thank GOD, Poppy is alright! I'm so sorry that you had to worry over this ... nawtee boy .... sweet baby!!!:rolleyes: :D

rg_girlca
03-20-2005, 07:36 PM
Thanks Kim.:)

He is doing a little bit better tonight, but still very quiet.
At least the others are getting a break from him harrassing them..:D

catnapper
03-20-2005, 07:56 PM
What great news! He looks beat, my sweet Poppy, I'll come take you aay from the hard work she makes you do!

auggie
03-20-2005, 08:24 PM
I'm so glad that it's nothing more serious and that the little Monkey is going to be ok.
"Poppy Woppy":D
You come up with the cutest names.

rosethecopycat
03-20-2005, 08:36 PM
Oh Poppy!

Take it easy!

Feel better soon.

Soapets
03-20-2005, 09:22 PM
I'm just reading this thread for the first time now. I am very happy that Poppy is going to be OK. It sounds like he is one who needs to learn things the hard way. Let us know how he feels over the next few days---hopefully he'll get back to being his usual old self again, MINUS the jumping to high, unsafe places!

QueenScoopalot
03-20-2005, 09:30 PM
WHEW!! I can breath a *sigh* of relief now knowing that little (well not so little lol) Poppy is OK, and nothing fractured. Georgie sends nose rubs, and I send kisses that Poppy will slow down just a bit, and get better fast. ;)

karlyb
03-21-2005, 12:00 AM
I'm so glad Poppy is okay. He's sure a sweetie.