PDA

View Full Version : Do you ever talk to things?

ComedyDevil
03-19-2005, 10:47 AM
... like electrical appliances?!

I do, all the time :o

I talk to myself (madness), my pets (that's okay), talk to the car (it has a name, why not?), the computer, absolutely anything and everything :rolleyes:

I didn't realise how much I did it until I was clipping the horses the other day. My sister thought I was crazy when she caught me telling my clippers that "they'd be fine after a nice long rest". They stopped working for some reason so I thought if I gave them a rest and then tried again another day they'd be ok. Sister said no chance but I was right, trimmed Jerry's feathers off with them the next day- ha!

I talk to everything!

Washer
Dryer
Hoover
Iron
Ironing table
Trees
Plants
The wind
The rain
I talk to the people inside the Tv
I shout at the whirry-clanky things in the computer
Other household appliances might get sworn at if they break or stop working ...

I collected a new fridge the other day and the woman I bought it off looked at me very strangely when she caught me telling it all about where it was going to live.

Funny, everytime I turn round I see little men in white coats.

Quite often I shout at bad drivers too, even though I know they can't hear me.

The other morning when I was out riding Juno two cars shot past me doing at least 40 (in a 20 zone), sending spray from a puddle everywhere.

Juno looked most surprised when I shouted "can't you f'ing slow down?!" - don't think he has heard me shout before & hope no-one heard me swear - doubt the car drivers heard me but made me feel better!

Does anyone else have conversations with themselves inside their heads? Sometimes out loud as well. I'm afraid I'm guilty of that too. But if anyone comments, I tell them that talking to myself is the ONLY way to guarantee an intelligent answer. :D

Please tell me I'm not the only one?!

:p :D

Barbara
03-19-2005, 10:52 AM
I think I don't know people who DON'T talk to their computer ;)

And as we all know that some appliances can have really hostile feelings towards you it may help if you try to communicate in the right way ;)

slleipnir
03-19-2005, 10:52 AM
lol!

I do sometimes, but mostly when I'm frustrated with it. Then I get mad at whatever it is. 'Stupid radio. You think you're so smart don't you?' or something :o

animal_rescue
03-19-2005, 10:58 AM
usually I only talk to things when I want to kill it! lol say the comp., microwave, or car! Sometimes I can be nice but I'm very abusive to my electrical appliances! lol

cali
03-19-2005, 11:12 AM
only at the TV lol i am known to shout at the TV when i know somebody is being really stupid on it lol or when i am pissed off at something. i almost always yell at the TV during who wants to be a millionair lol living in canada some of these harder questions are beyond easy to me so i always yell at the tv when these grown people are clueless to questions that around here any 4 year old could answer lol

Corinna
03-19-2005, 11:13 AM
Well my kids have picked up my most promanate one talking the the other cars and drivers on the road!:D
I yell at the radio(on the most here) all the dime tell ing thae announcer how stupid that story was. Cracks up my 21 year old son. He says we never needed a tv as he grew up that had mom for entertainment. ( boy just wait until I get my hands on that kid!!!!)

flamepony12
03-19-2005, 11:18 AM
*computer crashes* "stupid computer!"

*falls over backwards in chair* "stupid chair!"

sure I do! :p

catnapper
03-19-2005, 11:22 AM
I YELL at my computer when its acting slow and not doing what I want! :D ;)

I also talk to everything. When I'm working, I talk to the files I'm looking through.

I ask my hairbursh where it hides every morning. Same with my glasses. :D

I talk to everything,. Hubby's learned not to ask me what I just said because he knows its usually not something said to him!

kuhio98
03-19-2005, 11:45 AM
I also talk to things. I never realized how much until one day I was standing at the stove scrambling some eggs. When my toast popped up, I said "excuse me" to the stove and went over to butter my toast. :rolleyes: That's when I knew I had a problem.

Well, at least I'm polite. :rolleyes: Do you suppose there is a 12-step program for this kind of thing?

sammy101
03-19-2005, 12:01 PM
lol! I talk to the computer all the time,especially when its slow:eek: :rolleyes: well,i pretty much talk to everything in my house!hehe:o :D

ComedyDevil
03-19-2005, 01:02 PM
So it's not just me then :p :D

EssTer
03-19-2005, 01:08 PM
I do..sometimes..Usually when some things (like computer) doesnt work or is too slow LOL...I say very often then like "stupid computer" and such things lol :D

Tollers-n-Dobes
03-19-2005, 01:21 PM
I don't think I talk to things, or atleast I don't really notice when I am lol. Although, a few months ago while I was shopping I accidentally bumped a manikin (I think that's what they're called.) and I apoligized to it as if it were a real person:o

chrissycat21
03-19-2005, 02:56 PM
I thought I was the only crazy one! :p

I've yelled at things that I've bumped into, like lamps. And sliding glass doors...:p :o But I do talk to the computer, back to the people on TV, etc.

CountryWolf07
03-19-2005, 05:16 PM
Yup..

mainly to my Laptop..

Cincy'sMom
03-19-2005, 06:43 PM
Originally posted by kuhio98
I also talk to things. I never realized how much until one day I was standing at the stove scrambling some eggs. When my toast popped up, I said "excuse me" to the stove and went over to butter my toast. :rolleyes: That's when I knew I had a problem.

Well, at least I'm polite. :rolleyes: Do you suppose there is a 12-step program for this kind of thing?

That is too funny!

I mostly talk to the computer (when it is not doig what I want) the TV, esp., yelling at sports), or other drivers (who cna;t hear me). I do sometimes answer questions on the TV or Radio, or ask questions back...I think the good news is my question go unanswered :D

slick
03-19-2005, 07:44 PM
:o :o :o Guilty as charged....and I'm simply NOT going into details!:o :o :D

jenluckenbach
03-19-2005, 08:00 PM
I can't answer right now as I am having a comversatio with the bed covers......:D:D

AND>........not only do I talk to myself, I answer too (I use the excuse....."well, it would be RUDE not to answer") :rolleyes:

OH, I also sing to songs that are NOT playing. (i make some up too.)

Woo hoo.....am I too crazy to be around??? :eek:

IRescue452
03-19-2005, 08:33 PM
I can relate to telling new appliances about their new homes. Its not uncommon for me to encourage things to work or not to give up, like when my cordless vacuum was running out of battery today. Maybe we have some sort of willful power locked up in our minds.

LeahMM
03-19-2005, 08:46 PM
Yes, I always yell at my computer, tv, microwave, dishwasher and husband, (oh he's not a thing). Anyway I am vocal.

Cincy'sMom
03-20-2005, 09:34 AM
Originally posted by LeahMM
husband, (oh he's not a thing).

LOL! But if it is like most men (and I do say most, not all!) , turn on the TV and he becomes 1 with the furniture! You'll get just as much response from the recliner, right? :D :p

Maya & Inka's mommy
03-20-2005, 09:43 AM
Oh oh, must vote most guilty here! I am talking to the walls, to the fridge( where is the butter??), to the toaster( darn, you let the toast burn again!!), to the mailbox (please gimme some PT-cards), to the toys on the floor (%$xù, what are you doing here...:mad: ), to the pc (cannot you start a bit faster), to the traffic( you fool, cannot you see I was here first), to my keys (where are you??) etc....... etc.... !!:rolleyes: :rolleyes: no no, you are not the only one ;) ;)

Ginger's Mom
03-20-2005, 09:57 AM
Oh gosh yes, I do it constantly. I call it "thinking out loud."

gini
03-20-2005, 10:02 AM
I do it all of the time. But it is usually to myself after I have just done something spectacularly stupid - like drop the milk carton on the floor.

And when that happens, I don't call myself Gini - I usually say "oh, Virginia, how clever of you - idiot"

I will spare you the rest of my self-compliments:D

Maya & Inka's mommy
03-20-2005, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by gini
I don't call myself Gini - I usually say "oh, Virginia, how clever of you - idiot"

Ahaaaa!!! So THAT's your real name, Gini ;) . Nice to meet ye, Virginia :p :p

Suki Wingy
03-20-2005, 12:28 PM
I get made fun of for talking to the "general public"! They always say, "Who are you talking to Eva?"
I talk to myself, things, the "general public" meaning I just talk and hope someone hears me but if not, thats ok too.
The thing I don't do is say things like, "Oh, Eva, you forgot to get dog treats."

Luvin Labs
03-20-2005, 12:58 PM
whew i'm not the only one!

perhaps start a support group?

LOL

Twisterdog
03-20-2005, 02:40 PM
Yeah, I talk to everything, all the time.

"Ok, Mr. Toaster, out of the cabinet with you! Time to make toast, you lazy thing, you've slept in there far too long."

I know .... I need a LIFE.

moosmom
03-20-2005, 04:13 PM
All the time. I'm still waiting for replies though. :rolleyes:

Hi, my name is Donna and I talk to things...

Tweety_Pie
03-20-2005, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by moosmom
All the time. I'm still waiting for replies though. :rolleyes:

ahaha I find myself doing that ALL the time!

I am always constantly talking to things.. weird because I never really thought about it intill I saw this thread haha:eek: :D ..

slick
03-20-2005, 05:00 PM
:o Oh dear, this afternoon I found myself talking to the vacuum cleaner.... :o :rolleyes: I hope I didn't insult him.

gini
03-20-2005, 07:16 PM
Slick???? You have a MALE vacuum cleaner????

Does he have any friends?

Lexi_Lover
03-20-2005, 07:22 PM
What!!! Me talk to things, nah!!!

*Shh...computer don't tell them!* :p

popcornbird
03-20-2005, 07:29 PM
ONNNNNNNNNLY...............when I'm home alone. :p

I won't dare do that in front of another person....he he he!

I don't really talk to 'things' much...only sometimes, when I'm frustrated. I will tell my computer to tell 'such and such' to come online when I'm waiting for someone to log on. I sometimes tell the clouds to give us a break and go somewhere else. I sometimes tell my pillow to stop making me uncomfortable when I can't fall asleep at night. :p I know...silly...but then, its a very rare thing for me to do. I'd much rather talk to the tiels when I'm bored and no one's around. LOL!

Maya & Inka's mommy
03-21-2005, 08:34 AM
Originally posted by popcornbird
I'd much rather talk to the tiels when I'm bored and no one's around. LOL!

Lol, do they answer you? ;) ;)
Just kidding: I talk to my cats all the time!!:) :)

ps. This morning I was even talking the the fridge!! The alarm goes everytime the door is open for to long. I yelled : "Shut up, you, I cannot make up my mind that fast!!":rolleyes: :D

mruffruff
03-22-2005, 03:26 PM
No wonder I feel so at home here!:D

I talk to dogs, cats, furniture, TV programs, dust and noise from the neighbors!

My family thinks I'm crazy but I'm just eccentric---and I'm not alone. How wonderful!;)

Mary

popcornbird
03-22-2005, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by Maya & Inka's mommy
Lol, do they answer you? ;) ;)

Oh yes...ALWAYS. LOL!