PDA

View Full Version : what is a rainbow bridge

Josh4Colts
03-18-2005, 08:50 PM
what is a rainbow bridge?

smokey the elder
03-19-2005, 07:45 AM
The Rainbow Bridge is where many of us believe our departed pets wait for us.

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.
When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.
They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...

Here's the link:

http://rainbowsbridge.com/Poem.htm

lbaker
03-19-2005, 07:56 AM
And there was another one I read here at PetTalk just after 9/11 about those dear furkids at The Bridge that didn't have a forever family or friend. They had been abandoned or mistreated or orphaned. They heard the call that there were many people on their way that needed a special friend from The Bridge. They all ran to greet. Does anyone here have that link? It gave me LES.. leaky eye syndrome.

catmandu
03-19-2005, 08:22 AM
The Pet talker angels,assure me,that All Pet angels,have a special Friend,and that nooone,is left,out of anything.And the Young Ones,that are here,are Eternal Puppies,and Kittens,and stay Puppies,and Kittens,and are Fuurrever Young.

smokey the elder
03-19-2005, 08:32 AM
Here's another one I found, specially for rescuers.

Not An Angel

The young pup and the older dog lay on the shaded, sweet grass watching the reunions. Sometimes a man, sometimes a woman, sometimes a whole family would approach the Rainbow Bridge, be greeted by their loving pets and cross the Bridge together.

The young pup playfully nipped at the older one, "Look, something wonderful is happening!"

The older dog stood up and barked "Quickly! Get over to the path!"

"But that isn't my owner," whined the pup. But he did as he was told.

Thousands of pets surged forward as a figure in white walked on the path toward the Bridge. As the glowing figure passed each animal, that animal bowed its head in love and respect.

The figure finally approached the Bridge, and was met by a menagerie of joyous animals. Together, they all walked over the Bridge and disappeared.

The young pup was in awe, his mouth hanging open. "Was...was that an angel?" he whispered.

"No, son," the older dog replied. "That was more than an angel. That was a person who worked in rescue."

Author Unknown

slick
03-19-2005, 08:34 AM
http://67.15.70.205/talk/showthread.php?threadid=59355&highlight=Rainbow+Bridge+AND+poem

..and yet another one...this might be the one, Laurie, although I seem to recall another one. Will search some more.

Cinder & Smoke
03-19-2005, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by lbaker

And there was another one I read here at PetTalk just after 9/11
about those dear furkids at The Bridge that didn't have
a forever family or friend.

Does anyone here have that link?
It gave me LES.. leaky eye syndrome.

Check out >>>

"Dogs and 9/11" (http://PetoftheDay.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&postid=176219)

lbaker
03-19-2005, 11:58 AM
That was it Phred. Thank you. Oh LES down my cheeks as I write this. Just how come you know so much and are so wonderful for all of us. You are an angel from The Bridge yourself John.

treybabe
04-04-2005, 10:38 PM
Originally posted by smokey the elder
Here's another one I found, specially for rescuers.

Not An Angel

The young pup and the older dog lay on the shaded, sweet grass watching the reunions. Sometimes a man, sometimes a woman, sometimes a whole family would approach the Rainbow Bridge, be greeted by their loving pets and cross the Bridge together.

The young pup playfully nipped at the older one, "Look, something wonderful is happening!"

The older dog stood up and barked "Quickly! Get over to the path!"

"But that isn't my owner," whined the pup. But he did as he was told.

Thousands of pets surged forward as a figure in white walked on the path toward the Bridge. As the glowing figure passed each animal, that animal bowed its head in love and respect.

The figure finally approached the Bridge, and was met by a menagerie of joyous animals. Together, they all walked over the Bridge and disappeared.

The young pup was in awe, his mouth hanging open. "Was...was that an angel?" he whispered.

"No, son," the older dog replied. "That was more than an angel. That was a person who worked in rescue."

Author Unknown

This is really beautiful. Thanks. I know such a rescuer who started a shelter for all of her feline adoptees calling it Feline Friends. :)

Animal Lover12
04-07-2005, 07:08 PM
Originally posted by smokey the elder
The Rainbow Bridge is where many of us believe our departed pets wait for us.

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.
When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.
They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...

Here's the link:

http://rainbowsbridge.com/Poem.htm

AAAWWW! That site is so sad..but true! I love it!

NeverEnuffCats
04-15-2005, 01:13 PM
I was told years ago that our pets would be there to greet us in Heaven. Recently somebody said that they would be able to tell where the people who do rescues are because they would be just big piles of fur as their "babies" pile on. :)