PDA

View Full Version : A New Addition???

shutterbug0303
03-18-2005, 08:40 PM
UPDATE...NEW PUPPIES PICS BELOW!!!

Yup...that's right!! I said it! :D :D :D

I hate to jinx this, but I just had to post! I am tingling all over inside about this!!!

My family has been talking about adding another dane to the family this summer. I've been doing some research for a reputable breeder with good references. I came across a site totally by chance today at work. A lady who lives quite close (about an hour) is a dane breeder (black and blue). I reviewed her website and have found that she has just whelped a litter on February 6th! It is a litter of 15 (8 blue and 7 black) babies!!! :D I emailed her and she invited us to come by and meet her and the parents of the litter (they are both on site). She said that the litter is a little too young to interact with right now, but I am certainly welcome when the time comes!! :D

We are going to PetSmart in the same town tomorrow to visit with the MAGDRL (Dane rescue) and look at some possibilities with them as well, so we will not be able to meet with them tomorrow (don't want to risk carrying anything over to her place and near the pups in case any of the rescues have anything transmitable) but we will be making the trip soon!!

I have such a good feeling about this local breeder!! I am just in love with the photos of the babies (attached) and can't wait to meet them!! I will take my camera tomorrow and let you meet some of the danes I will see! :D

(I would add the site link, but it is a geocities account and every time I look at it, it freezes up because there isn't enough bandwidth...so I'll just attach photos when I can)

YIPPIE!!! :D :D

Tollers-n-Dobes
03-18-2005, 08:42 PM
I hope you can get another Dane!!!:D Adorable pics! I LOVE blue Danes:D

animal_rescue
03-18-2005, 08:43 PM
congrats!:D I hope you get a dane!

KYS
03-18-2005, 09:02 PM
It is a litter of 15!!! :eek:

Wow! that mommy Dane must be mighty tired.

Good luck and hope everything works out and you
get your new pup.

Suki Wingy
03-18-2005, 09:06 PM
Congrats! I really hope you get the (second) dane of your dreams!! Once you make a decision, I'd love to see pics!!

anna_66
03-18-2005, 10:23 PM
I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for you! And those pups are so totally precious! I'd love to have one, I love the blue and black ones:D

Jods
03-18-2005, 11:45 PM
GET A MALE!!!!!!!!

shutterbug0303
03-19-2005, 09:00 AM
Originally posted by Jods
GET A MALE!!!!!!!!

Exactly the plan! ;) A blue male

senorita02
03-19-2005, 09:03 AM
OMG they are just soooo adorable! I looove the blue ones, i think that color is so pretty, but i have a black Dane that lives behind us (Samson) and he is a knockout too!
Cant wait to see which one you decide on.:D

sammy101
03-19-2005, 09:48 AM
yay!I cant wait to see which one you decide on!I love Blue and Black danes!Lets hope you bring home a gorgeous male:D

flamepony12
03-19-2005, 09:57 AM
OMG Judy! :D How exciting! Cuteness overload!! :D Pleeeease keep us posted! hehe!

shutterbug0303
03-19-2005, 03:03 PM
We just got home from Petsmart. It was quite the flop :( There was only one dane there...one that a lady already owns. We did get to talk to her about fostering though and she said they were in need, so I'm going to fill out an application to help them with fosters. I also told them I would be available to volunteer if they needed when they were in my area. So that part was good. I would have much rather spent the day meeting with the new pup's breeder though...but that is next weekend!! :D

She sent me two new photos today in her email! I am melting over these guys! Aren't they so precious?!?!

shutterbug0303
03-19-2005, 03:04 PM
And last one I have for now...

Oggyflute
03-19-2005, 08:09 PM
I hope things work out for you mate, I just love Danes.:D Carole's (my partner) childhood dog was a Dane.

tatsxxx11
03-19-2005, 08:15 PM
I think you're excited!:D:D:D Me too!:) That last picture was precious! Can't wait to hear what you decide!

vinjashira
03-19-2005, 10:58 PM
yay... a new puppy :D
Hope everything works out!

lute
03-28-2005, 10:47 PM
OMG!!!! i missed so much while i was gone!
ANOTHER DANE!!!:eek: :D :eek: :D i hope you can make it to the PT meeting in TN so i can meet this new baby of yours!

i just can't get over you getting a new dane! you are just about as lucky as you can get!:D

Lexi_Lover
03-29-2005, 05:14 AM
I see that ticker!!!!!!!!!!!! You are getting a puppy in 5 days? :eek: :eek: :) YAY!!! CONGRATS!!! This is sooooo exciting! We, well I have to know all about these beauties! Are you getting a blue one, with blue eyes? :) SO MUCH TO ASK! OMGosh, congratulatins, again and again!

PICTURES...........

Dixieland Dancer
03-29-2005, 09:35 AM
OMG... those pictures in the first post are absolutely the most fantastic pictures! Whoever put together that arrangement did a fantastic job!!! :D And the paws on the pups at 6 weeks had me giggling out loud! They are wonderful. I really hope things work out for you to get one!

BTW... I wanted to say how caring and considerate you were not to visit the pups after being at PetSmart and being around other dogs you did not know about. Most people don't realize how critical the health of newborn pups is and how suseptable they are to disease's that are brought around them in exactly this manner.

When our litter was around 7 weeks, I invited a lady into our house to look at the pups. After talking with her for a short while she then told me she had got another pup a few weeks earlier and it died two days later from a highly infectious disease. They were not suppose to have another pup for 6 months in that house and here she was standing in my house with her tennis shoes on. :mad: :mad: I immediately asked her to leave and told her she would not be getting one of our pups! :mad: I know I appeared rude, but I frankly didn't care. I was on pins and needles for weeks about the pups getting sick but thankfully they didn't. Sorry to get off on a tangent. It was just so nice to see how caring and thoughtful you were!! :D

flamepony12
03-29-2005, 09:49 AM
*dies* Oh my gosh Judy......... :D
LOTS OF PICS PLEEEEAAASE!!!!!!

shutterbug0303
03-29-2005, 10:29 AM
Sorry...no new pics yet...I just didn't feel comfortable taking pics this past Friday when we went to "visit". We only got to see the babies...It was still too early to play with them...but OMG they are so cute!!!!

We will either be getting a blue female or a black male...it just depends on who fits in best with the family. We are already signed up for puppy classes starting April 19th :D so things are really moving along!!!!

The litter is her "E" litter, so the registered names must have E's to identify. So, if its a male...he will be...

Willowrun's Embark on a Journey - aka Journey

and if she's a female that we bring home, she will be...

Willowrun's Garden of Eden - aka Eden

:D If anyone has any other thoughts/names/ideas, please feel free to post. PS - the babies eyes are blue now, but will change to a light brown as they get older. I will take a million pics while they are still blue b/c it is soooo precious!! :D

Oh, and thanks Dixie!! We are taking a million precautions with this little one! After having Venus with parvo when she was a baby and Sahara with mange...there is NO WAY this little one is going to get sick! Not if I can help it!! :D