PDA

View Full Version : I lost little Haiku

K9soul
03-18-2005, 05:15 PM
I got Haiku last Saturday. On Monday he started showing signs of listlessness and wouldn't eat. I've been trying everything under the sun and posted on a betta forum that Kara (Sunkissedgoldens) referred me to but even with all their good advice and help, I wasn't able to save him. He died a few minutes ago. I believe he may have had a bacterial infection or maybe dropsy, his tummy looked swollen today. So very sad :( :(

Swim free and healthy at the bridge beautiful Haiku, I wish SO much I could have saved you *tears* :(

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v145/k9soul/Fish/haiku6.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v145/k9soul/Fish/haiku5.jpg

chrissycat21
03-18-2005, 05:19 PM
I'm sorry about Haiku. :( He was a very pretty Betta.

Lexi_Lover
03-18-2005, 05:21 PM
Oh, poor little Haiku! :(

May you swin free without any pain at the RB little Betta! It was a short time, but it was much better then a cup! I bet you apreciated being in that LOVING home!

R.I.P Haiku! :(

tatsxxx11
03-18-2005, 05:58 PM
Oh Jess, I'm so, so sorry:( We were just talking about the little guy. One thing I know for sure is that you did all in your power to save him. I only wish he could have lived long enough to know the wonderful life and love you would have shared with him. What a beautiful Betta boy he was.

Swim healthy and whole now at the Rainbow Bridge gentle soul. You will be greatly missed.

A big hug to you friend.

Love, Sandra

fritz03
03-18-2005, 06:17 PM
Sorry to hear about your little fish Haiku.Now he can swim free without pain up in heaven.

K9soul
03-18-2005, 11:32 PM
Thank you guys, for your words of comfort and sympathy. I know he was only with me for a few days, and that fish are so fragile and can easily perish, but he was still a living creature, a very beautiful one at that, and it has been so very draining and difficult to watch him decline. I kept hoping so very much I could get him through it and he'd be happy and healthy again, but it just was not to be.

The weird thing is, my husband must have been on the same wave length as me today, because even though he didn't know about little Haiku, he brought me home a dozen red roses tonight, just because. He hasn't done that in years. I wonder if he somehow picked up on my sadness from afar.

popcornbird
03-19-2005, 12:34 AM
Oh my gosh Jessica. :( I'm so sorry to hear that. ***hugs*** to you. I know you did all you could for your beautiful Haiku.

shais_mom
03-19-2005, 12:47 AM
He was beautiful Jess.
Swim freely lil Haiku

GoldenRetrLuver
03-19-2005, 08:33 PM
Awww, Jess, I'm sorry. :( Haiku was beautiful.

*hugs*

Raven
03-25-2005, 04:41 PM
I'm sorry for your loss. Haiku was a very pretty betta fish.