PDA

View Full Version : My gorgeous grandmother *pics*

Kfamr
03-18-2005, 04:20 PM
I never got to meet my grandma, but i've always seen pictures of her. She looks like such a gorgeous lady inside and out and I wish I had met her :(

My mom and I were doing some scrapbooking last night and while looking at old photos came across these. I've seen them before but they're still as gorgeous as ever.
Hope you don't mind me sharing...

Kfamr
03-18-2005, 04:21 PM
Another.. The man in these is my grandfather. He will be 88 this month.

Kfamr
03-18-2005, 04:24 PM
Another.. there's only 1 more after this.

Kfamr
03-18-2005, 04:24 PM
The last one..

GraciesMommy
03-18-2005, 04:29 PM
Wow...she looks like a starlet!

Logan
03-18-2005, 04:53 PM
They are wonderful pictures, Kay. I'm glad you have them to help with your memories. :)

*LabLoverKEB*
03-18-2005, 07:06 PM
Wow!! She's beautiful!:)

catnapper
03-18-2005, 07:51 PM
What great photos. Looks like she had a wonderful spirit and loved life. Do you think you look anything like her?

slleipnir
03-18-2005, 08:00 PM
She's beautiful! I've only met 2 of my grandparents. One I barely know (only have seen him 4-5 times maybe) and my grandmother was very sick as far back as I can remember. I would have loved to know them

popcornbird
03-18-2005, 08:13 PM
I know how wonderful it is to go back and look at pictures of grandparents and other relatives that we were never fortunate enough to meet during their lifetime. My paternal grandfather passed away when my dad was 19, and my maternal grandmother passed away when I was 2. I never got to see them in my life. I met my maternal grandfather at the age of 2 when we went to visit family after my grandma passed away, but that was the one and only time I got to see him. He died when I was 7, and I never got a chance to see him after that one visit. The only grandparent I really got to know was my paternal grandmother. She lived to be 82 and passed away when I was 13. She lived with us for a whole year. Sadly, I never knew my other grandparents. Its sad, but thankfully, I've gotten to know them through their stories and pictures.

QueenScoopalot
03-18-2005, 09:04 PM
I love seeing photos from the (I'm guessing here..so cut me some slack;) ) 50s! My Grandmother worked for the Polaroid company for some years, before she went to work for the Chelsea Naval Shipyard, and I remember the pictures she and my parents took that had all the ripply edges. :) Brings back happy memories. Thanks for sharing your lovely grandmother with us. ;)

K9karen
03-19-2005, 01:03 AM
Kay, when I saw your grandmom's photo, I had to look twice. She resembles my mother in the 40's, same hairdo, same outfit (great legs too). The resemblence is unbelievable. I love looking through old photos in black and white Polaroid. Luckily, my mom salvaged alot and made family albums. My dad (who was still handsome even as he became so ill and dying) was so handsome in his day that I used to kiss his photos and swoon. My folks made a "hot" couple. I always loved any photo of a relative in uniform! Made me so proud! Salute! What wonderful forever keepsakes!

Maya & Inka's mommy
03-19-2005, 06:45 AM
These are great pics, Kay! It is one of my favorite thing to do too: look in old photo-albums!!

Josh4Colts
03-19-2005, 06:58 AM
cool, ive always wanted to take a picture of a picture.

anna_66
03-19-2005, 09:56 AM
Kay those are really wonderful. Old photos are always my favorite to look at even if I don't know who's in them.
Your
grandmother looks alot like Mark's mom did when she was
young...gorgeous! I swear the women then could have all
been stars:)
Thanks alot for sharing with us.

cookieluver7
03-19-2005, 12:31 PM
Those pictures are wonderful! Your grandmother looks like a very sweet lady and it's great that you have pictures of her.

luckies4me
03-19-2005, 04:08 PM
I absolutely LOVE photos like these. I always find them so fascinating. Thanks for sharing. :)

Oggyflute
03-19-2005, 08:38 PM
It's great to see that you are preserving the history of your family. That generation sacrificed and did a lot for us. so I feel it's important to keep their memory alive.

The pictures were wonderful. (Very good looking lady your grandmother;) )