PDA

View Full Version : new to the group

bagby039
03-18-2005, 03:31 PM
Hi, I am Robbie. My husband and i have 4 dogs, 4 cats, 2 horses, and 2 goats. The dogs consist of one rottweiler, one mix rott, one basset hound, and one very old coon dog. All of the cats and dogs get along well together and actually sleep together sometimes. The rottweiler is Libby (Miss Liberty). She was born on July 4 and thus named. Jessie came to us because she was rescued from a momma dog that was killing her puppies. She was taken to a vets office and i adopted her when she was 4 weeks old and finished bottle feeding her from that time. Lucy, our basset hound came to use via Basset Hound Rescue of Alabama. Rowdy, the old coon dog is 16 now and has arthritis very bad in his right front ankle. He sleeps alot but is still in fairly good condition. My husband used to hunt with him but he, the dog has been retired for several years now.
All the cats are rescues of mine from work. One is an especially wonderful mouser. When i cut my pastures, the mice run and then the cats bring them in to show me.
The goats are just pets and love to eat what we throw them from our veggie garden. They love squash, cucumbers and the like. They are in a fenced in area just for them and have stuff to eat all the time during all seasons.
I look forward to getting to know everyone. Robbie

Tollers-n-Dobes
03-18-2005, 03:33 PM
Welcome to PT! Sounds like you've got some great dogs, do you have any pictures of them?:D My name is Drvan and I currently have the 2 dogs in my sig and am in the process of adopting a Doberman. I hope you enjoy it here!

Jadapit
03-18-2005, 03:38 PM
Hi!
My name is Donna and those are my two fur kids in my sig. I also own a cat. His name is Cooper and he's nine years old. It sounds like you have quite a crew there. I would love to see pictures.

We used to have goats. They are so much fun. They make great pets dont they?:)

bagby039
03-18-2005, 03:39 PM
Enclosed is a picture of Lucy. How do i post pictures of my pets here if i want to post all of them? I am open to suggestions. Thanks, Robbie

luvofallhorses
03-18-2005, 03:42 PM
You seem to have a big furfamily a basset hound? Can you post a pic of her and all your pets :D I am sure you can attach them or get an account at http://www.photobucket.com and right click on the pic and properties and post the img url and hit img on here and erase the http :) ooh my bad you posted a pic of her she's gorgeous:D

bagby039
03-18-2005, 03:47 PM
I will post more pictures of our furbabies a few at a time. Here is another one. This is our mix rott on the left and the pure rott on the right. They are both big lap dogs and love to be loved and snuggle.

Jadapit
03-18-2005, 03:54 PM
Lucy is so cute and the rott's are beautiful! What is the one mixed with?

bagby039
03-18-2005, 04:00 PM
How do you all put pictures in your signatures? Here is one more picture of my furbabies. It is of Jessie, our mix rott and all four cats on our bed.

bagby039
03-18-2005, 04:02 PM
We have no idea what she might be mixed with. My husband thinks maybe a lab. I tend to think there is some pitt in her somewhere and likely some lab too. Her brown points are faded some but they can still be seen in a good picture. Here is one of her with Lucy on the stairs in our basement.

sammy101
03-18-2005, 04:05 PM
Welcome!
You can get a signature made.Just make a thread in "General" and someone will make you one!Then go to 'user cp' then click on 'edit profile'.then theres a space for 'signatures'
Im Sam,im owned by 2 dogs(signature)and a cat.
Kodie is 19 months old,lab/bloodhound/rotti mix.
Lucy is 5 months, Spaniel mix or Flat-Coat mix.

Hope you enjoy it here!:D

bagby039
03-18-2005, 04:12 PM
Do they take all the pictures i have posted and do this with my pictures? Gosh, this is new to me. I love it tho. I have already had a good time today here. I look forward to getting to know everyone.
I dont know if i said anything about my occupation but i work as an animal control officer. I work for a police department here in Alabama. The city i work for is a nice city. I tell folks that the citizens are made of doctors, lawyers and indian chiefs because most of the citizens are pretty well off. I dont usually have the animal issues that you might see on the animal planet channel on cable stations. I mostly have to educate the public to why one should abide by the leash law and respect their other neighbors and such as that. It is a nice job and i am blessed to have it.
Enclosed here is a close up of Libby lounging on the stairs.

sammy101
03-18-2005, 04:16 PM
Yes they do it with your pictures.:) Your dogs are beautiful!:D

LuvGold00
03-18-2005, 04:18 PM
Welcome to Pet Talk!!!!!!!!!!

My name is Kara and I am mother to 6 Golden Retrievers, 2 cats, 2 birds, tons of goldfish, and 4 Bettas! ;)

bagby039
03-18-2005, 04:22 PM
Thank you so much for the compliments. I love my furbabies. They are all in the house with us when we are home. When we are not home, they are in what we call our basement. We actually live over our barn but i call the downstairs our basement. Our stalls for our horses are attached to the side of the house on one side and the hay storage and stuff like that is on the other side. The horses are not kept up in the stalls unless the weather is inclement or one is injured which is rarely. The dogs have a doggie door to go out back and potty and a large fenced in yard to play in or sun in. Here is a picture of Lucy greeting the goats for the first time when she first came here to live.

Suki Wingy
03-18-2005, 04:22 PM
What beautiful dogs!
I would avise all newcomers to read the f.a.q. page. It is very informative and will answer most of your questions.
Here is a thread explaining how to post a picture.
Click here to go to the thread explaining how to post a picture (http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=73450&perpage=15&highlight=how%20do%20you%20post%20a%20picture&pagenumber=2)
Hi! I'm Eva and my household is run by a mutt, a lizard, and soon a dwarf rabbit.

tatsxxx11
03-18-2005, 05:45 PM
Welcome Robbie, Libby, Jessie, Lucy, Rowdy, kitties and goats:D Wow, what a very special family you've got there!:) And you've already captured our hearts with your adorable pictures! (We love pics!) What a wonderful life you have provided for so many deserving creatures! I do hope you'll stay with us and get to know us. I think you'll like it here! I'm Sandra and you can meet my crew below!:)

chocolatepuppy
03-18-2005, 05:52 PM
Hi! Welcome to Pet Talk! Your furkids are adorable! :)

clara4457
03-18-2005, 06:09 PM
Your pups are gorgeous. Welcome to the Pettalk family. :D

As far as posting pictures or creating a picture for your signature. If you want a signature with all your animals, there are several members who would be more than happy to do that for you. Basically they will need to put several pictures together using some sort of picture software to make one picture. If you post a request in General, there are always people who are willing to help you.

Once you have the signature made, you will need to upload it to a website. They must be on a website, because you are putting a link to the website picture in your messages. Since we can't link directly to your computer, pasting an image link to your own computer wont work. There are a couple of different ones you can use.

http://www.photobucket.com/

http://www.imagestation.com

You will need to join to have them host your images, but they are free. Once you create an account, you can upload images to their website and create albums for anything you want. When you have a photo you want to post here, you can right-click on the image (make sure it is the actual image, not the thumbnail), and select properties. You will see a line for the URL. This is the actual web address of the picture you want to post. Highlight it and copy the entire address. It should look something like this -

http ://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid154/p72db886c35747109713885c2e0683cc3/f5737bdd. jpg (without the spaces)

Once you have the address for the picture, you can paste it in the body of your message. When you are typing the message, you will see several vb codes above where you are typing your message. Click on the IMG and a box will pop up - paste your address in that box and click OK. Make sure when you paste the address in that you don't have http:// in the address twice.

Hope this is clear - if not feel free to ask again. It took me several tries before I finally got it.

fritz03
03-18-2005, 06:28 PM
Welcome to pet talk.I'm Barry.That is a picture of our 2year old Bichon Frise Fritz.Check him out when you can as i will of your pets when you have pictures of them.

Oggyflute
03-18-2005, 07:37 PM
G'day Robbie & welcome. I'm trev and have two standard schnauzers. You have quite a family. I just loved the pics:D .

flamepony12
03-18-2005, 07:42 PM
Hello, and a warm welcome to our family here at pet talk!!

My name is Devon, I am 14 years old and proudly owned by 3 dogs, a rabbit, a cockatiel, lots of fancy goldfish & plecos, a betta fish, 4 hermit crabs, and a pony!! :) You can see their names and breeds in the text above my sig! The rabbit shown in the sig is my bunny, Freckles. :)

You'll love it here, it's really addicting! ;)

KYS
03-18-2005, 09:10 PM
Welcome to Pet Talk I loved the pictures. :)

bagby039
03-19-2005, 12:01 AM
Thank you all for the most wonderful welcome i have ever received from anywhere. I will learn more about posting pictures and get someone to do a signature for me to use. I will continue to share pictures of my furbabies until you get tired of them. LOL It is so enjoyable to talk to people that love their pets and share them with others. Here is a picture of Punkin, one of our cats. Punkin loves to bath his feet. He also doesnt mind getting into water at times. He is quite unusual about that. I have been in a creek bed fixing a fence for our horses and had him to come to me with his feet walking in the water. I wish i could have had a camcorder because it was so funny to watch. Thanks again for the awesome welcome.