PDA

View Full Version : Is your dog a "mama's boy?"

jennifert9
03-18-2005, 12:50 PM
It's just something about those boy dogs and the way they love you. Girls are loving too but the boys have that something else that makes them different. I'm sure you know what I mean.

I read this post by Candy (Dixieland Dancer) in Anna's thread and I thought about it all night....
Duncan is SUCH a mama's boy!! I don't know if it's because he's the only pet I have and it's always been just the two of us...(until now of course, since I live with Collin, my boyfriend.) but he is just a loverboy to me. We cuddle every chance we get, we sleep "spooned", he puts his face next to mine and we talk and kiss and love each other.....:p
If I get up and leave the room, he comes with me always. Whatever room I am in, he is in, even the bathroom:eek:
He will guard the door of that room in case someone else tries to come in and "get me." If I leave the house, even for a minute, he barks at me(I think he is begging me to either stay or take him with me!) and runs to the window to watch me. And then, of course, he greets me at the door as if I have been gone for years!
But with Collin, whom he has known all his life, he is oblivious...doesn't care where he goes, what he does, EVEN IF HE HAS FOOD!!! :eek:
He just loves his mother to death. And I of course, love him twice as much;)

I just wondered, after reading what Candy said, if any of you have noticed the same thing with your boys...especially if you have more than one pet?

aly
03-18-2005, 12:53 PM
Reece is a TOTAL mama's boy... but then again so is Lolly.

Reece loves all people and will jump from lap to lap in a room full of people. The second I stand up to leave the room though, he is right at my side. When we go for walks at the off-leash park, he ALWAYS makes sure he knows exactly where I am. He loves my boyfriend to death, but he won't follow my boyfriend unless I'm coming too.

I love my boy!

elizabethann
03-18-2005, 12:57 PM
Fenway is SUCH a mama's boy. When I take him to the dog park, he usually sticks by me like glue. People will come up to him and say "you're such a mama's boy". They get a kick out of it. Since he's only 20 pounds we can't exactly "spoon", but we cuddle and kiss and look into eachothers eyes.

He's my little baby. :eek:

LeahMM
03-18-2005, 01:00 PM
Bozy is a major mommas boy and a wussy to boot. I think Buddy may be as well but he's too new to know quite yet.

luvofallhorses
03-18-2005, 01:04 PM
Buster is such a mommy's boy, he cries when
I am not home or gives me a kiss with his whole
nose, remember, he only kisses with his nose.
Rocky is more of my dad's dog but altogether
he's a family dog :D

How about your dogs being a mommy's girl?
Jenny is my baby girl, she listens to me and
not my mom when I tell her to come inside.
LOL! It makes my mom look bad;)

Ginger is my mom's dog and follows her
EVERYWHERE:rolleyes:

cali
03-18-2005, 01:08 PM
lol my girls are bigger mommas girls then my boys are mommas boys, Misty normally hangs around me but somtimes with my mom too, Happy however is always with me pretty much, if I am on the computer she is sleeping either on my foot or beside it, if I am on the couch she is bringing me toys or lying on the floor beside me, when I go to the bathroom she gets up and follows me. Misty I cannot go places without pretty much, everytime my mom goes to take her somehwere Misty is standing with her paws around my waist looking me me like "arent you comming mom?" she is like my shadow, exept when I am on the computer she is either on the couch with my mom or sitting on the chair beside me lol. Perky is my moms mamm's girl too. our boys are ahppy to cuddle and be anyones baby lol they are differnt in the way that they love everyone, and will even run away just to find more people to love them, the boys are the onlky ones we have to worry about in that way, the girls are like our babys that would never leave our side.

Logan
03-18-2005, 01:11 PM
My Zipper is definitely a "mama's boy". He meets every criteria and has me wrapped around his precious paw. :) I love it.......

Samantha Puppy
03-18-2005, 01:22 PM
Samantha is pretty darn evenly split. She loves me, follows me around the house, comes to me to go outside (though I'm trying to get her to realize that Daddy is capable of getting up and letting her out too). But she'll go up to my husband and gaze at him and lazily start licking his hand. It's sickening, the look in her eyes. Pure adoration. She does not do that with me. So she's a Mama's Girl, but she's also a Daddy's Girl too. :)

Dixieland Dancer
03-18-2005, 02:35 PM
Dusty is definitely "momma's boy" and I love every second of it! :D :D My favorite part of this is the cuddles! He lays his head on my lap if I'm sitting or on my shoulder if I'm laying. We snuggle nose to nose and gaze into each others eyes! He definitely makes my heart very happy!! :D :D :D

anna_66
03-18-2005, 02:47 PM
Oh yes Jennifer, Bon is definately a momma's boy! He does the same thing you say Duncan does. He follows me from room to room never letting me out of his sight (he's my bathroom buddy too:p). At night he has a nice bed to sleep in or he could even sleep on dad's side of the bed, but nope...he's gotta sleep on my side. And my side doesn't have alot of room becuase it's on the side where the wall is. I tell you, if he gets much bigger we're going to have to pull the bed out so he can get in better!

He does love his daddy, but not the way he loves his momma:D

Rachel
03-18-2005, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by jennifert9

Duncan is SUCH a mama's boy!!

We cuddle every chance we get, we sleep "spooned", he puts his face next to mine and we talk and kiss and love each other.....:p
If I get up and leave the room, he comes with me always. Whatever room I am in, he is in, even the bathroom:eek:
He will guard the door of that room in case someone else tries to come in and "get me." If I leave the house, even for a minute, he barks at me(I think he is begging me to either stay or take him with me!) and runs to the window to watch me. And then, of course, he greets me at the door as if I have been gone for years!
But with Collin, whom he has known all his life, he is oblivious...doesn't care where he goes, what he does, EVEN IF HE HAS FOOD!!! :eek:
He just loves his mother to death. And I of course, love him twice as much;)

I just wondered, after reading what Candy said, if any of you have noticed the same thing with your boys...especially if you have more than one pet?

I had to quote the majority of your post because word for word it describes my Tucker, every single detail you describe including the spooning.

My prior three dogs were all females and I never thought I wanted a male dog. Tucker was adopted inspite of his being a male and look what I lucked up upon. Even though my Bailey was my dog of a lifetime and Tizzie my sweet little innocent and Hannah is my alter ego, Tucker is the one who loves me the most.

GraciesMommy
03-18-2005, 03:12 PM
I have never had a boy...but Gracie is certainly a mama's girl!
But then she WANTS to be a daddy's girl so bad..daddy loves her but nothing like mom does!

Glacier
03-18-2005, 04:45 PM
Earle is a total momma's boy. He's a big suck and I like it that way! He completely lacks the aloof, independant nature huskies are supposed to have!

Ozzy is also a big momma's boy! He has recently decided that I am the greatest thing since milk bones. When he's in the big yard with me, he matches his stride to mine and walks with his head on my thigh. I trip alot when Ozzy is out!:rolleyes: Course, his momma boy antics are part of why I recently caved and adopted him!

I have one girl who is a big momma's girl--Sleet. She's my canine soulmate and she knows it.

Most of the dogs will come to me before Stuart, even if they aren't sucky about it. I do most of the dog care around here and Stuart doesn't do treats. The dogs know who has the biscuits! The only exception is Muskwa. He is all Stuart's. He tolerates me because he has to! The only time Muskwa comes to me first is if he's hurt. Apparently, he also knows who pays the vet bills!!

Pit Chick
03-18-2005, 05:04 PM
Hydro is a mama's boy, especially when it's storming outside.

bckrazy
03-18-2005, 05:14 PM
Gonzo is so so much a momma's boy.. I like it that way! He has to know where I am at all times and only listens to me. :p I guess he's just a velcro-dog, like most BC's

senorita02
03-18-2005, 05:46 PM
Face is definitly a Mamas Boy!
He follows me everywhere, we spoon and kiss, i used to sneak him up on the couch then cover him under the covers so dad wouldnt see him, and then i got him permission to come on furniture now, he is very protective of me, but then again Rita is more a Mamas girl, she hasnt really bonded with her dad the way she has with me, which is the whole reason we got her was to bond with Dad cuz Face was a mamas boy, now they both love Mama, haha :D

Oggyflute
03-18-2005, 07:58 PM
Oggy is really a "daddy's boy". :D Flute on the other hand is more in tune with Carole, so she is probably a "Mummy's girl":D

dukedogsmom
03-18-2005, 08:33 PM
Duke is such a mama's boy! Most of the time, he won't even have his good daily potty until I get home from work and walk him. He follows me everywhere when I'm home. Sometimes he's sleeping and I'll close the door so he won't get up and follow me. He's my boy.

Cincy'sMom
03-18-2005, 08:54 PM
All three of mine are very snuggly and loving. Spot is the one most likely to curl up in the chair and fall asleep on top of you. He loves to snuggle, not just with his mommy, but also his daddy, his grandpa, and any other willing person! He loves to sleep with his head on the pillow (doesn't matter which of us), and tries to sleep so close to you, he actaully rather be on top of you!

Sadie was a total mommy's girl, but recently has become about equal mommy's girl/daddy's girl. She is not one to actually lay on you, but will curl up next to you on the couch, and will spoon for a short time in bed...then she goes comepletely under the covers and sleeps with her head on my legs.

Cincy is the least snuggly of all the dogs. She has hers moods, where she just hops up on your lap, and wants to be rubbed, and will sometimes sleep in the big bed...but she sorta perfers her own space. I think she gets too hot.

KYS
03-18-2005, 08:59 PM
Rocky is my first male, but he is hands down a momma's boy.
Sheba is my dog, but when she see's a man she starts
acting all cutsie and flirts. ;)

cyber-sibes
03-18-2005, 11:03 PM
My Sherman is a mama's boy, especially at the dogpark if other people & dogs are around. I love his little sniffs & kisses on my face, I really crave those! My dogs live outside, so they don't sleep with us, but Sherman loves to snuggle up close in the car and when I'm sitting with them outside.
Star is a typical aloof husky, very independant, and I'm lucky to get a kiss once a month from her, but I love her to pieces anyway!
Rosie was a mama's girl, though. She loved me and I loved her - I can't express how much I loved her! And she was a 70-lb. cuddler, loved to be in physical contact. she used to lift my arm up with her nose so she could stick her head under my arm into my lap and worm the rest of her into my lap, too! She used to stick to my side at the park and hide behind me when she was scared. i miss my baby girl:(

Suki Wingy
03-18-2005, 11:20 PM
Yep! he's a momma's boy for sure! He is a lot more of the best brother in the world though because I think he is a lot more attatched to me.

DoggiesAreTheBest
03-19-2005, 03:35 AM
Well, it depends on who is around. If it is just Drake and I, we hang out , do things together, cuddles, etc... But he isn't a momma's boy unless we have company and Andrew isn't there of course! If Andrew is there, no one else in the world exists but Andrew! No joke. I came back from Lebanon after being gone for a month. When we walked in the door, he automatically ran to Andrew and greeted him like he hadn't seen him in a year, not half an hour! I, on the other hand, was totally ignored.

pitc9
03-19-2005, 07:42 AM
Buddy is the first male dog, and I've never seen anything like him :p ;)

Sierra is lovey... when she wants to be.:p
But Buddy.. he gets all lovey when he's awake!!!:D :D

He always has to be next to me, on my lap, sharing my pillow when I go to bed, etc. So yes... Buddy is a Mamma's boy!!

Rachel
03-19-2005, 07:49 AM
Originally posted by DoggiesAreTheBest
I came back from Lebanon after being gone for a month. When we walked in the door, he automatically ran to Andrew and greeted him like he hadn't seen him in a year, not half an hour! I, on the other hand, was totally ignored.

That is because he was angry at you for being gone so long and you were being *punished*. On the other hand, a true *mama's boy* couldn't have pulled that off. :rolleyes:

lbaker
03-19-2005, 08:12 AM
My Thunder is fur sure.. he's my little velcro dog. But then so is Badger most of the time. Of course little female Collar[flower] loves her mom too and they all sleep with me, but not like Thunder. My RB Cheeky-Bitch was a definate Momma's Girl although she loved everybody. Aren't we blessed :cool:

Souraya, it's sooo good to hear from you :cool: When you get a chance please give Drake a butterfly kiss from his Auntie Laurie.

IRescue452
03-19-2005, 04:30 PM
I think this is true. My aunt's male lhasapoo, Cody, is the loving, protective one. Her female yorkiepoo is the more serious, distant one. Cody always wins the kissing contest at the Bark in the Park. I've never owned a male dog but have experienced enough "mama's boy" dogs to feel that this is true.