PDA

View Full Version : Why am I so nice?

ramanth
03-18-2005, 09:55 AM
I guess this could be a rant. *laughs* After the fact it just seems oddly amusing and annoying.

Here's the story.

To me the next best thing about March next to St. Patrick's Day are McDonald's Shamrock Shakes. :D mmmmm!!

On my way to my parents, I phone home and ask mom if she's interested in a shake. She says "YES!"

My driver's side window is broken, so I pull in and park by the door. I crack the window for Kia and head in.

What I failed to notice was the school bus parked at the end of the parking lot.

The place was packed with kids (Albion's basketball team). There is a mob near the counter and there is no clear line. I probably should of just left, but I wanted a shake so bad.

So I paitently wait. And wait. And wait.

Slowly the group started to dissapate (I later learned that the coach paid for the entire bill and so as kids got their food they were walking away from the counter)

The coach was ordering for himself I think as I was standing there. There was 2 high school age girls in front of me and another two that I assumed were their friends standing off to the side.

They were gossiping quite loudly and then one of the girls hollars, "Girl you need to hear this! Get over here!" So the two girls standing ahead of me get out of line and scurry over to get the news. I step up. There is still about 4 people hovering at the counter and the cashier is making no attempt to ask them to step aside.

The coach walks away, the remaining kids walk away, the cashier says 'Next!' and as I start to step forward, all four girls rushed over and physically shoved me to the side and began ordering.

http://www.cutestsandgirl.com/images/icons/icon_omfg.gif

And I just stood there. http://www.cutestsandgirl.com/images/icons/icon_wall.gif

Granted I was upset, but I just took a deep breath and waited.

They kept throwing dirty looks over their shoulder at me and after they ordered instead of moving to the side, they just flanked the counter.

Three of the girls orders arrive and just as I think they are about to head off, the fourth girl orders food!!

And they continue to all stand there even after three already have their orders!!

And I still stand there saying nothing.

At this point, I notice the coach is standing near the door and he calls out for the kids to start heading back to the bus. (Unfortunately the rude four in front of me are not with the bus)

Some of the bus kids start to file out and I notice a few stop by my car and point at Kia. Suddenly one of the kids runs back inside and yells, "Dudes!! Come check out this dog with the freaky eyes." :eek: :rolleyes:

Next thing I know I have a basketball team hovering around my car gawking at Kia. Thankfully they didn't harrass her (lucky for them or else I WOULD be out there and knocking some skulls :p ) and the coach shooed them away.

By the time I turn my attention back to the counter, the girls have slowly ambled away and I step to the counter and smile.

I order my two shakes, a small fry for Kia, and I get a McFlurry for free for the trouble.

And the four girls are STILL shooting me rude looks as I walk out with my order.

I just shook my head.

I am far too nice.

Cincy'sMom
03-18-2005, 10:07 AM
As much as I would had loved to have made a comment inthat situation..I would have just stood there too...I too am far too nice.

I forgot about Shamrock shakes!!! Must stop and get one before it is too late!!!!

caseysmom
03-18-2005, 10:09 AM
I probably would have had to say something...

GraciesMommy
03-18-2005, 10:28 AM
I am not that nice..lol..My big mouth would have HAD to say something...

CountryWolf07
03-18-2005, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by GraciesMommy
I am not that nice..lol..My big mouth would have HAD to say something...

Same here..

It happens, though!!

Corinna
03-18-2005, 10:54 AM
I would have gone to the drive up and just opened ny door to order and pick up. As I get older I don't have patience with teens. Althought the other day a simular thing happened to me and one of the boys asked the clerk if I could be served first.(just getting acoke.) Turns out it was a friend ogf one of my kids I didn't remember this one. There are some nice kids left. Later on He came over to remind me who he was and to tell me how much he ejoyed how I treated him and his gang when I was Manager of Subway. I guess even good in the saying what goes around comes around.

Cincy'sMom
03-18-2005, 11:00 AM
Weird coincendence...a guy I work with just came in and said he was going to McDonald's, do I want anything...I think I scared him by how excited I was saying...shamrock shake!!!

CountryWolf07
03-18-2005, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by Cincy'sMom
Weird coincendence...a guy I work with just came in and said he was going to McDonald's, do I want anything...I think I scared him by how excited I was saying...shamrock shake!!!

HAHA!

I've never had that... what is it, though?

ramanth
03-18-2005, 11:28 AM
LOL Amy! :D

Corinna, that was nice of those boys. I know there are good kids out there but I wanted to grab those girls hair and knock their heads together. ;)

Originally posted by CountryWolf07
I've never had that... what is it, though?
It's a mint flavored shake. I love mint. :D

catnapper
03-18-2005, 12:20 PM
You're not too nice - they are too rude! I say a Flurry was the perfect reward for being a good person!

Maya & Inka's mommy
03-18-2005, 12:28 PM
LOL, I think I wouldn't have been able to remain silent... .

:eek: A shake with MINT taste??:eek: . Absolutely NOT my kind of taste :eek: :D

Karen
03-18-2005, 12:32 PM
You are nice because that's part of who you are. Who better to be, the nasty glaring teens, who are assuredly as mean to each other as to you, or the smiling nice person with the dog with the remarkably pretty eyes! ;) AND you got the Shamrock shakes out of the deal, too! ;)

mina'smomma
03-18-2005, 12:45 PM
Shoot Kimmy,

Thanks for reminding me. Time to ruin the diet and get a shake. Hope they still have them.

Anyways I'd have done something similar. Which Micky D's where you at? Besides at least the restraunt tried to make up for the girls immaturity. I was just in your neck of the woods yesterday.

chocolatepuppy
03-18-2005, 12:46 PM
Better that you are nice, than act like them! ;) As long as they didn't mess with Kia! :) I kind of go both ways, depends on the situation! :D

moosmom
03-18-2005, 12:50 PM
Kimmy,

You're right, you ARE WAAAAAAAAY too nice. I would've opened my mouth and told them. But then again, I CAN be quite outspoken:rolleyes: :rolleyes:, as I'm SURE some of you can attest to.

I admire you. I would've went off on all of them.

cubby31682
03-18-2005, 12:50 PM
I work there. As soon as I call out next if I see some one is walking up to the counter but some one pushes them out of the way. I make the pushy people wait. If they can't be half way human about things they can wait until I get through the whole line of people before I help them. :D Atleast you got a flurry out of the deal! I love those things. :p

ramanth
03-18-2005, 12:53 PM
Thanks for the replies. In a way I am just perplexed and as rude as those girls were, I vaguely wondered if I let people walk all over me all the time or do I ever stand up for myself.

Originally posted by mina'smomma
Shoot Kimmy,

Thanks for reminding me. Time to ruin the diet and get a shake. Hope they still have them.
LOL! That's what my mom said. I told her I could get her a small but she said, "If I'm going to ruin my diet, I might as well go all out. Get me the large." ;) :D

Which Micky D's where you at? Besides at least the restraunt tried to make up for the girls immaturity. I was just in your neck of the woods yesterday.
The one at Exit 101 off of I-96.

And why didn't you tell me you were around! We could of hooked up. :p

tortuga55
03-18-2005, 01:03 PM
Most teens are idiots. They are stupid and think they are above all others. By the way I am sitting in my school library surounded by them :confused: . But not all are idiots if i had been there I there I would have glaired right back at them and made coments about them budging. Even if it was not me they were budging in front of. And because i have a little of that stupid teen in me i probrably would of walked past and acidentally pushed them.:p I would do all this even if i was a inocent bistander. Teens behave this way because there parents let them and even if there parents dont let them there parents are oblivious to what really happens when they are not around there children. The bell rang i have to go.

mina'smomma
03-18-2005, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by ramanth

The one at Exit 101 off of I-96.

And why didn't you tell me you were around! We could of hooked up. :p

~looking sheepishly~ Because I lost your number. I went down to see my future MIL. I went to the one off of 69. I think its Dewitt. I promise if you pm your cell again I will call you next time I'm down that way......:p

anna_66
03-18-2005, 03:00 PM
Yes Kim, you are nice and much nicer that I would have been. I wouldn't have been mean but if they were staring and talking about me I would have just smiled and waved and said a big "HI!". Seems like that embarasses people more than anything and I would much rather embarasses them then make them mad...it's so much more fun:p

But honestly, I would have either skipped the shake or went through the drive thur! No way I would have waited!!

Suki Wingy
03-18-2005, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by tortuga55
Most teens are idiots. They are stupid and think they are above all others.
I agree, being 15 and going to school surrounded by them all day. Many people in my area have no consept of money and think it is fun to break other people's things, destroy school equiptment, etc. They have absolutly no sence of right and wrong!

I would have probably physically pushed them back out of the way, I have WAY too big of a mouth! I think I need to still mature in that area.;) :p

Oggyflute
03-18-2005, 08:07 PM
Way too nice, but you are obviously of very good character. :) Those kids wouldn't have lasted 5 seconds with me. Last Saturday I was waiting to get a doughnut (I know, I shouldn't:D ) when these two kids pushed in front of me, I just turned around and gave the mother the "look of death" and to her credit she gathered up the kids and took them away with no goodies.:D

Josh4Colts
03-18-2005, 08:41 PM
when did McDonalds get St Pattys shakes? I need to try that.

Suki Wingy
03-18-2005, 10:05 PM
Originally posted by Josh4Colts
when did McDonalds get St Pattys shakes? I need to try that.
They've had them just about as long as I can remember.:p

dukedogsmom
03-18-2005, 10:14 PM
I would have had to have said something, too. They didn't even have a right to be giving you dirty looks. Too bad Duke wasn't in your car because they wouldn't have gotten near it. He would have been barking so much your car would have been shaking :D

K9karen
03-19-2005, 12:54 AM
As much as I would have wanted to say something, I have so much stress in my life right now that I wouldn't even want to exude any more energy arguing with a bunch of rude morons. I believe what goes around comes around and sometimes by saying nothing, it shows you have dignity and class. Now, if they had run out of Shamrock Shakes when it was my turn, then I may have freaked out. :mad: Klo is so much like her sweet love, Duke, It's a good thing she wasn't in the car either. Really, Kim, I applaude you. 4 against 1 isn't good odds. My temper flares when it comes to my family, friends and dog. I guess I'm just an enabler.

pitc9
03-19-2005, 08:27 AM
Kimmy... I have to admit, I would have done just as you did:o

But when I was in high school, NO WAY would that have happened with out those girls getting a piece of my mind!!

Now... I'm just a wussy!! :D

As for the kids going by the car, like Val said about Duke, they would not have gotten near my car either!!
Once, I had both pups in my blazer, Buddy was in the way back, where the windows are dark and you couldn't see him from the outside. Sierra had her head sticking out one of the back windows, as I walking back to the car, I heard a group of kids saying "Hey... look at the wolf in that car" (a lot of people think Sierra is part wolf.. who knows... she very well could be)
They kept walking towards Sierra sticking her head out of the window... then... Buddy leaps over the back seat and sticks his big head out the window and barks at them, in his big "YOU BETTER RUN" bark. I've never seen kids scatter and run so fast!! I'm sure they all had to go home and put clean undies on!! LOL!!! I was so glad to have been able to see it!! I wish Kia would have done that to those kids! But then again, I'm sure she didn't mind be admired for her BEAUTIFUL eyes!!!

~*hugs*~ Kimmy, for not stooping to those nasty girls level, lets just hope they got sick off of the food they ordered!! Ha Ha!!:D

tortuga55
03-19-2005, 01:20 PM
Most teens who dont know me dont take me seriously because i dont dress or act like them. Over all the years of sitting in class and listening to them I have learned how to respond to them. Mom always worries though she looks at their clothes and automatically thinks their trouble, most are not they just think they are and will quickly back down. I have never been bullyed in school or bullyed anyone (usually stick up for kids who are getting bullyed), I just wont stand for it and dish the coments right back out at them. They quickly figure out i will stand up for myself and others and leave me alone. Its the people who say nothing or that are uncomfertable that they like bugging. I do know that there are kids/ teens that are dangerous but they have never bugged me. Any teen that acts the way those ones did in McDonalds are no threat at all. I have on ocasion acidentally" bumped rude teens/adults but never get into fights, you have to know what type of kid will not react back, most of the time smart donkey comments usually do the trick. And the "HI MOM" makes people blush so much when they realize they were talking about my mom. All ways followed by a glair and a smile that says yes i heard you. In that case it was a mom and her teenage daughter. I love catching people saying things when they think no one is listening. In situations with teens never quickly move away or leave because then they think they have won, it makes them more uncomfertable if you just stand there giving them yes i hear you look, it proves they have no power over you and there actions dont get them their way. When it comes to pets in the car I allways get weird staires at Freddy my ferret, or comments about her lookin like a rat. I love it because then I can explain what she is, and i let them tuch her to prove there is nothing wrong with her. Educating ignorant people is fun.;)

Lexi_Lover
03-19-2005, 01:31 PM
You are just a naturally nice person. I would love to be friends with you Kim! :)

I am too shy, and I lend things to people who I know won't give it back. I got bullied badly last year and I didn't speak up, so it kept getting worse, my mom says I'm too nice, and I shoudl start standing up for myself:p

Most teens are idiots. They are stupid and think they are above all others.

I like how you said most because I am not an idiot, at least I don't think so:p

I want one of those shakes, but I don't think the McDonald's in Canada has them! :(

Poor Kia, all huddled over! I think her eyes are gorgeous, and I would stare at them forever! Not like those boys of course! I would compliment them! :D

Anyways, I think you are a very nice person and to do that, just makes you even more nice! :D LOL! Give Kia a hug and kiss for me! :)

ramanth
03-21-2005, 10:54 AM
Thanks guys. :)

Kia just isn't a barker. She actually adores the attention.

tortuga55
03-21-2005, 11:52 AM
I don't get it why would kids laugh at her eyes.

ramanth
03-21-2005, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by tortuga55
I don't get it why would kids laugh at her eyes.
Kia has light blue eyes that stand out against her brown fur.

http://kia.cutestsandgirl.com/images/kiamisc/winter2004/IMG_3411.jpg

I got comments like that a lot. Some people are really bothered by her eyes.

lizbud
03-21-2005, 01:31 PM

Don't worry Kia, they are just jealous of your beauty.:D

LKPike
03-21-2005, 04:11 PM

god how beautiful!! I don't think I've ever seen Kia around before, but I personally love those eyes. in that picture they look the same color as the sky :) I bet you really treasure her, I know I would!!! very, very beautiful eyes in my opinion.

ramanth
03-22-2005, 08:23 AM
Thank you LKPike. :) I do treasure her. :)

DoggiesAreTheBest
03-22-2005, 12:24 PM
Kia has gorgeous eyes! I love how striking they look agains her brown fur!

tortuga55
03-22-2005, 03:53 PM
They are so pritty, they are like stars.

Suki Wingy
03-22-2005, 06:48 PM
OMG! That is my all time favorite eye/ coat combonation! How could anyone not like her pretty blues?!?

Karen
03-22-2005, 06:56 PM
They probably DID like her eyes, but since when could a teenage guy in front of a group of friends - say something complimentary about a dog?