than five years ago.

Pet Talk has become a community - now with thousands of members. It
has celebrated the ups and downs of all aspects of not only pet
ownership, but of human life! We have seen countless rescues, births,
and mourned the loss of pets together. No one here would ever say "oh,
it's just an animal, get over it." We know better -
our pets are family members. And Pet Talk has become an extended family
of sorts for each other - a family whose members may not share blood,
race, religion, age, nationality or political persuasions, but that share one very
important thing in common - the love of pets! Paul and I have had the
pleasure of meeting "Pet Talkers" in many spots in the US, and I even
met some while in the UK. Gatherings have become a tradition enjoyed by
both those who are able to attend, and those who cannot be there, but
enjoy the posts from afar.

One million posts - an amazing milestone! So many posts are stories
that are timeless, sharing of advice, information and experiences, and
people learning from each other. It's not all serious, there's plenty of
fun, too - and of course a lot of pictures of pets! When "others" would roll
their eyes and say - "Another picture of your pet? Don't you have
enough?" - the good folks of Pet Talk say "more, please!" What could be
more fun?

One million posts! May the next million be just as fun!

Karen and Paul and Hoppy

http://www.petoftheday.com/online/hoppy/hoppymillion.jpg

Maya & Inka's mommy
03-18-2005, 07:03 AM
YIPPIE!!! We did it!! I think it's time for a celebration!!
http://pages.prodigy.net/rogerlori1/emoticons/firework2.gif http://pages.prodigy.net/rogerlori1/emoticons/misc51.gif http://pages.prodigy.net/rogerlori1/emoticons/firework2.gif

Thank you everybody for making this place as it is today!! thank you Paul and Karen for creating this wonderful place!!

Killearn Kitties
03-18-2005, 07:03 AM
Congratulations Karen and Paul (and Miss Hoppy)! A wonderful idea and a truly wonderful website!

jennifert9
03-18-2005, 07:05 AM
Congrats Paul & Karen! Thanks for providing such a wonderful place for everyone!! :D

slick
03-18-2005, 07:06 AM
Wow, I just love the new design Paul. Way to go Pet Talk! I can't believe that I'm up to see this happen (**yawn** it's just after 5am here).

One million fun, loving, caring, positive posts...I refuse to dwell on the negative. I feel so honoured to part of this community and when I first logged on in Dec. 2002, little did I know that I would meet friends for life.

Congrats Pet Talk and thanks for being part of my life.

Addicted?? Heck NO! :D :D

chocolatepuppy
03-18-2005, 07:07 AM
Yay! Congratulations Karen, Paul and of course Miss Hoppy! Congratulations to us all!!! :D

catcrazylady
03-18-2005, 07:12 AM
WAHOOOO!!!!:D :D :D

I was getting ready to respond to a thread when all of the sudden this big colorful 1,000,000 rolled onto the page!

Thanks Karen and Paul for making this the great community it is. I have never joined a forum before and I doubt I ever would have if this place hadn't seemed so kind and friendly. I can't imagine my life now without all the wonderful friends I have made.

Thank you Karen and Paul for such a wonderful place! I'm looking so forward to the next 1,000,000!!!

Must go see who picked the right day.

LuvGold00
03-18-2005, 07:14 AM
Yay!!!!! Congrats Karen, Paul, & Miss Hoppy!!!

Looking forward to the next 1,000,000 !!!!!!!!

RobiLee
03-18-2005, 07:42 AM
Wow! How very exciting! I'm so glad that I am a part of this. What an honor. Pet Talk is truly my home away from home. It is so comforting to come to a place that understands my love for my dogs. To be able to talk about my girls and to show them off has been such a treat for me. When I come here and talk about Katie and Tori I don't feel like people are rolling there eyes at me and saying.."Here she goes again, talking about those stupid dogs". Not only can I come here and talk about my girls but I can talk about anything else also. I was able to share and whine about my uterine cancer and treatments and you all were there for me. I have been able to enjoy many Pet Talk meetings and actaully meet real pet talk people. What a thrill! Through Pet Talk I have even found my best friend, Anna! Anna and I talk every day and her and Mark and Me and Alden are even going to go on a trip together. I mean how cool is that! Its all because of Pet Talk. Next weekend I'm even going to meet some more Pet Talkers who are traveling quite some distance just to get together with other Pet Talkers. I'm going to get to meet Amy and Nebo who are coming all the way from Utah and Micki who is coming from Texas. I get to hang out with my very good friend Kay and her baby, Kiara and maybe even Nala. We are all going to be hanging out at the Findlay Ohio dog park this Saturday where I get to see all the Findlay regulars as well. What a great group of people they all are! Oh and I have to mention that I have even been fortunate enough to get to hang out with Karen and Paul, not once, but TWICE! Such a great couple! I could go on and on about this wonderful place and talk about so many wonderful people. I've already rattled on long enough. What did I ever do before Pet Talk and who on earth did I ever talk to before I found this great place.

THANKS FOR ALWAYS BEING THERE PET TALK!!!

CONGRATS ON 1,000,000 POSTS!!!!

Yours truly....Robin :)

smokey the elder
03-18-2005, 07:42 AM
What a community of mega-blabbermouths!:D This is great!

Jods
03-18-2005, 07:46 AM
YAY!!!! congrats everyone and especially Karen, Paul and Miss Hoppy! Thank you for everything. Cheers to a million more!:D

Did this forum turn into what you expected??

Rachel
03-18-2005, 07:55 AM
As someone who has been here almost from day one, I certainly want to acknowledge this milestone. Amazing how much this *little website* has impacted the lives of so many. Although there have been times I wished that it wouldn't have grown as big as it is, I can't help but enjoy meeting many of the new members and their pets who join us. So Pet Talk will evolve and hopefully there will always be a place here for Hannah and Tucker and me.

To all the friends whom I have met here and cherish dearly, you are such an important part of my life. I doubt that you can possibly understand just how much you mean to me. Thank you Karen and Paul for making that possible.

Miss Hoppy, although we don't see or hear from you often enough, my thinking is that you have your paw print all over the philosophy of this site. Hugs to you too dear.

vinjashira
03-18-2005, 08:07 AM
congratulations Paul, Karen, Miss Hoppy and congratulations to the rest of us 1 million times :D

zippy-kat
03-18-2005, 08:10 AM
WOO!

Let's celebrate with... pictures of course! What else? ;)

ramanth
03-18-2005, 08:11 AM
Woohoo!! Congrats Pet Talk! Here's to another One Million. :)

And the forum was started on my birthday!! :D :D

I must say though... I got very little sleep last night so the 'whiteness' of Pet Talk made my eyes slam shut! LOL! ;)

My brain sorta went... what the heck?!?! Then I noticed the banner. :rolleyes: :D

Felicia's Mom
03-18-2005, 08:17 AM
Congratulations Paul, Karen and Miss Hoppy!!:D :D

joanofark
03-18-2005, 08:20 AM
CONGRATS PET TALK!!!!!!!!! We MADE IT!!!!!Here is to another 1,000,000!!!

Thankyou SO much Karen and Paul for maaking this Wonderful Site

pitc9
03-18-2005, 08:20 AM
I can't tell you how happy I am to have found this place, I never thought I would find this many people in the world that feel the same way I do about my pups.

I enjoy all of you and your furbabies each and every day!

I look forward to seeing the next 1 million posts!!
:) :D :cool:

Lexi_Lover
03-18-2005, 08:30 AM
WHOA...that took a lot of posts, and nobody can say that they never contributed...:D People on this site are amazing, I'm so glad that I have found it! I mean Pet Talk has had its ups and downs, but, thats what life is all about! I love it here, people support everybody and like Karen, Paul & Miss Hoppy said, they are all of different race, age, nationality...the list could go on! I have never met a friendlier group of people before in my life! I bet its the same way for everybody! We laugh together, cry together, mourn together, smile together & enjoy every moment of life together! Its amazing what a place this has become! I love looking at pictures of everybody's pets and seeing their brand new stories, so lets start this 1,000,000 off on a good note, Karen & Paul, where are Miss Hoppy's pictures!!!!:p

Thanks for an amazing time here everybody! You made it so fun and enjoyable...I can't wait to see how far we get within the next few years! Here's to the next 1,000,000!

CONGRATS PET TALK, KEEP ON POSTING!!!

And I and everybody else would like to send out a BIG thank you to Karen & Paul to make everything possible on this amazing pet community! :D

Love,
~Paula

Cataholic
03-18-2005, 08:37 AM
This post brought tears to my eyes! You guys have made my life such a better place, and have shared with me the greatest sorrow and the greatest joy in my life. You all mean the world to me.

Happy 1 million posts to all of us!
Johanna

Ally Cat's Mommy
03-18-2005, 08:39 AM
Congrats to everyone, and a HUGE THANK YOU to Karen, Paul and Miss Hoppy for starting this wonderful place called Pet Talk!!!

What a fantastic place this is - I am so grateful for all the wonderful friends I have made here!!!

((((((((GROUP HUG))))))))))))))

moosmom
03-18-2005, 08:42 AM
Congratulations Paul, Karen and Miss Hoppy on ONE MILLION posts!!!

Pet Talk has had a great impact on my life. I've had the pleasure of meeting so many wonderful members, including Paul and Karen both in person and via email, and look forward to meeting many more.

This awesome site has gotten me through alot of ups and downs in my life. I am forever greatful for the love and kindness my Pet Talk family has shown me.

Acquaintances come and go, but Pet Talk is forever!!!

Here's to another million posts!! Break out the cyber-bubbly and toast Paul, Mayor Karen and Miss Hoppy!!!!

Cheers!

luvofallhorses
03-18-2005, 08:46 AM
CONGRATULATIONS, KAREN, PAUL, AND MISS HOPPY! :D

I really am glad to be a part of
this wonderful community. This place is
GREAT thanks to who made everything possible,
Karen and Paul and of course Miss Hoppy:)

xoxo,
Krista

dukedogsmom
03-18-2005, 08:54 AM
A big THANKS to Karen and Paul for creating this site. I never dreamed years ago when I nominated Duke to be DOTD (http://dogoftheday.com/archive/2001/October/07.html) that this place and people would ever mean so much to me. Sandra, you were the very first one to leave a note about Duke. All of the nice replies I got that day convinced me to join. The only regret I have is not participating a lot more before I got my digital camera. I missed out on a lot. I had to stop reading the notes from others as I was getting teary eyed here at work. I will have to work on a special signature tonight when I get home. This is truly a very special occasion. Thanks again. Now can we please have some Miss Hoppy pics??

QueenScoopalot
03-18-2005, 08:58 AM
WAHOOO!!! To another million posts. What an exciting day to log onto PT and see the bright (I must say startling:D ) banner! I wonder who the poster was that posted that number? :confused: Thanks Karen & Paul (and Miss Hoppy) for creating such an addictive and fun forum. :)

anna_66
03-18-2005, 09:06 AM
Wow, I can't belive that we've hit a million already! We've sure got alot of blabbermouths here don't we? And we LOVE it:D

Paul, Karen...I'd like to thank you both for making such a great site. I never in my wildest dreams thought that I'd meet so many friends, both online and in person.
This site has helped me through one of the worst times in my life...when our dear beloved Angus passed. I don't know what I would have done without all of your kind words of sympathy and the cards and gifts we received. You have all been such a blessing to me and I can't begin to thank you all enough.

And I'll ditto everything my best friend Robin said! I would have never met her and her wonderful family if it hadn't been for PT!

Ok, now I've blabbed enough and I'm getting leaky eyes again:o

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v43/anna66/Smileys/wooo.gif

dukedogsmom
03-18-2005, 09:13 AM
Would anyone else be interested in a nice polo shirt commemorating this event? They could be sold on cafepress.com and Karen and Paul could have the money to assist in keeping up this site. Maybe have the logo
http://petoftheday.com/talk/images/our_images/Pettalk_logo.gif
and it saying something about 1 million posts and the date. I know I would! Let them know what you think. I think it would be nice.

EssTer
03-18-2005, 09:28 AM
Congradulations PET TALK!!!! You are amazing people...I just wanted also say thanx to Karen and Paul for creating this wonderful site and forum!!!

Maya & Inka's mommy
03-18-2005, 09:30 AM
Originally posted by dukedogsmom
Would anyone else be interested in a nice polo shirt commemorating this event? They could be sold on cafepress.com and Karen and Paul could have the money to assist in keeping up this site. Maybe have the logo
and it saying something about 1 million posts and the date. I know I would! Let them know what you think. I think it would be nice.

I would be MOST interested! That t-shirt would look perfect with my PT-cap!!

ramanth
03-18-2005, 09:34 AM
Originally posted by Maya & Inka's mommy
I would be MOST interested!
I second that! :)

kimlovescats
03-18-2005, 10:08 AM
A heartfelt CONGRATULATIONS and THANK YOU for creating and maintaining such a heartwarming, friendly, and fun webhome for so many of us! Pet Talk is truly a family and a place that I have been proud to call "home"! Uniting friends from all over the world, joined by the bond of love for our pets, Pet Talk is truly what an online community should be!

Here's to many, many more years and millions more posts!!!

Love,
Kim and Kitties and Doggies!!!:D

lv4dogs
03-18-2005, 10:16 AM
:D

Congrats EVERYONE! We did it.
Lets hope we can get to 2,000,000 and still be one big happy family!

Cinder & Smoke
03-18-2005, 10:22 AM
:)

1,000,000 Down, MillionS to Go!! ;)

THANKS to Karen, Paul, and Miss Hoppy for their Vision ~

And THANKS to all the Pet Talkers who Together form this Merry Band!

CONGRATULATIONS to One and ALL!!

aly
03-18-2005, 10:26 AM
CONGRATS EVERYONE!!!!!!!

A big, huge thank you to Paul, Karen, and Miss Hoppy for making this wonderful forum possible.

I just passed my 4 year anniversary on Pet Talk. I've been through so many ups and downs on here, met so many wonderful friends, and enjoyed every minute of it. Two of my fosters were adopted into WONDERFUL homes of PT people. I am so grateful for that!

I will always miss the people who leave us, welcome the people who join us, and try to be a great friend to the people I've established relationships with.

*HUGS TO ALL*

sammy101
03-18-2005, 10:31 AM
WAHOOO!!

http://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/party/party-smiley-020.gif

Congrats to Karen,Paul & Miss Hoppy!Thank you so much for creating this wonderful forum!Lets hope we can make it to 2 million:D

Corinna
03-18-2005, 10:44 AM
Yahooo!!!!
Hey the polo sounds cool. Count me in if you get it done.

countrycowgirl
03-18-2005, 10:56 AM
CONGRATS EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WE DID IT!!!!!!!!!!
:D :) :D :D :) :D :) :D :) :D

Ginger's Mom
03-18-2005, 11:03 AM
Congratulations to everyone!!! And a big Thank You to Paul and Karen. I had never heard of Pet Talk until March 1st of this year when I stumbled across it on a google search. I am very glad I found it. I have already come to care about the many wonderful dogs and cats that I have been fortunate enough to read about here everyday. It really does seem like you are a big caring family:) Again, congratulations to all of you that have contributed to making this site what it is. And keep on posting.:)

mruffruff
03-18-2005, 11:10 AM
Congratulations to the best board on the net!

I'm totally addicted to my second family.:D

And put me down for a shirt.

Mary

shutterbug0303
03-18-2005, 11:13 AM
WOW!!! I'm sooo happy!!

I haven't been here all that long, but I feel like family!! This trip to PT today has brought tears to my eyes as I think about the lives that have been touched/saved/remembered throughout these 1,000,000 posts! Thanks to everyone here who has contributed to making this place FANSTATIC!!!!!!!!!

**edit - Put me down for one of those shirts too! :D I think we should have a variety of items for purchase - polos, long/short sleeved T's, hats, etc. I don't know what is involved in doing it, but I think it would be great! :D And a good way to contribute some funds to Paul and Karen for keeping this site going

Randi
03-18-2005, 11:39 AM
Congratulations on 1.000 000 posts, Pet Talk!

I've recently had my 3 years anniversary here and enjoyed this Forum immensely - thanks to Karen and Pauls's hard work - and Miss Hoppy!

We've had a lot of fun over the years, and also sad times. It's been great to get to know you all - I've even been lucky to meet some of you, and hope I will meet more. :) I agree, this Forum is like being part of another family.

On with the next million!

RedHedd
03-18-2005, 11:47 AM
WHOO HOO! YIPP-DEE-DOODLE! CONGRATULATIONS KAREN, PAUL AND ALL OF US PET-TALKERS! Now let's get busy on the NEXT 1,000,000!
http://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/party/party-smiley-050.gif

kt_luvs_kitties
03-18-2005, 12:08 PM
CONGRATS to us all!!! I am so glad that I found this site, and I am so glad that Karen and Paul made such a great community for all of us pet lovers to enjoy. Here's to the next 1,000,000! *CHEERS*

Love, Katie, Hannah Banana, Puff, Stash, Squeekers, Ferra the ferret, and Elijah the Betta...

Also love the new signature with Miss Hoppy included! She is precious:D:D:D

catland
03-18-2005, 12:12 PM
Karen, Paul, Miss Hoppy - thank you so much for creating and maintaining such a wonderful site. So much has happened since 2000 and this site is the calm in the storm of life.

I know I'm not as chatty as some and don't share many pics (that's the trouble with sitting at a PC all day - I really don't want much to do with it when I go home at night ;) ) - but that doesn't mean you aren't all special to me.

I look forward to actually meeting some of you this summer at Gini's, but in the meantime, keep posting and keep being the great people that you are.

Most of all, thank you Sidney, Jan, Joxer, and Strauss, and to my RB gang, Quincy, Lucy, Crystal, Suds, Who-Cat, and Puff, - I wouldn't be here if is wasn't for you.

Buddy Blaze Lover
03-18-2005, 12:16 PM
CONGRATS PET TALK!!! Wow, I can't believe it's 1,000,000!! Close to my guess!! (3/24):D Thanks SO much Karen, Paul and Miss Hoppy!!!!!!

kt_luvs_kitties
03-18-2005, 12:58 PM
CONGRATS to us all!!! I am so glad that I found this site, and I am so glad that Karen and Paul made such a great community for all of us pet lovers to enjoy. Here's to the next 1,000,000! *CHEERS*

Love, Katie, Hannah Banana, Puff, Stash, Squeekers, Ferra the ferret, and Elijah the Betta...

Also love the new signature with Miss Hoppy included! She is precious:D:D:D

BitsyNaceyDog
03-18-2005, 01:04 PM
Thank you Paul and Karen for everything you both do, you're awesome!!
Thank you Miss. Hoppy for being an inspiration to your mommy and daddy.
I love you guys and all of Pet Talk. :)

Originally posted by dukedogsmom
Would anyone else be interested in a nice polo shirt commemorating this event? They could be sold on cafepress.com and Karen and Paul could have the money to assist in keeping up this site. Maybe have the logo and it saying something about 1 million posts and the date. I know I would! Let them know what you think. I think it would be nice.

I love that idea!!:)

Sara luvs her Tinky
03-18-2005, 01:04 PM
CONGRATULATIONS PET TALK!!!!

This is soooooooooo exciting!!

i just love Pet Talk.. i love everyone here and their furrkids...

and i love even more how much people like to hear stories and pictures about Tinky and Jupiter.

You don't find many people who love animals as much as we do.... and that is why I am so glad there is Pet Talk.

I love how we all share stories and pictures... and it is like a BIG FAMILY here. Yay for Karen, Paul and Miss. Hoppy who do such a wonderful job monitoring PT... and YAY for the dedicated Pet Talkers... who keep it clean and friendly... and full of furry pets!!

Here's to another million.... :D

Albea
03-18-2005, 01:22 PM
Congratulations to Karen, Paul, Miss Hoppy and all Pet Talkers!
I'm afraid I'll never qualify as a blabbermouth due to lack of time, but I'm certainly glad that at least once in a while I can read the stories about all the wonderful pets and that we can share our love for them on this board thanks to the dedication of Karen and Paul.
Looking forward to the next million!

momoffuzzyfaces
03-18-2005, 01:30 PM
WOW!
TALK ABOUT A BUNCH OF BLABBERMOUTHS!!!

CAN WE TALK OR WHAT????? :D

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

And to think you did it all with only a bunny and a computer!:cool: :D

popcornbird
03-18-2005, 01:30 PM
Yippee!!! :D Congrats to Pet Talk on 1,000,000 posts!!! :D What a bunch of BLABBERMOUTHS we all are! LOL! I will forever be grateful to PT for the wonderful friends I have made here.

Cosmicat
03-18-2005, 02:06 PM
Congratulations Pet Talkers, Paul and Karen for the 1,000,000 Posts!!!

I just want to let you know how much I enjoy this website and how much it has helped me with me Cat's. Thank you! :)

CamCamPup33
03-18-2005, 02:41 PM
Congrats Pet Talk!! :D :D I don't know what how i ever survived without it! :p

{{HUGS}} to all for making PT such a wonderful place to be a part of.

Here's to a 1,000,000 more!

RICHARD
03-18-2005, 02:43 PM
WE KNOW EVERY PET IS SPECIAL.

Paul, Karen and all the Hooman PT Family are pretty SPECIAL TOO!

Congratulations everyone!

P.S. How do you explain to anyone that smile on your face today????:D

We all rock!

animal_rescue
03-18-2005, 02:48 PM
woohoo! Congrats to us all!:D

Suki Wingy
03-18-2005, 02:49 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v643/sukiwingy/coollogo_com_215242280.gif
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v643/sukiwingy/coollogo_com_215242296.gif
WOW!! Good job Karen, Paul, and Miss. Hoppy!!
I've only been on here for o=just over a month, but I am sooo greatful for this wonderful place!:D :D :D :cool: :cool:

cookieluver7
03-18-2005, 03:26 PM
CONGRATULATIONS PET TALK!!! WE DID IT!:D

bluekat
03-18-2005, 03:52 PM
Woohoo! :D Congrats PetTalk!! :D I am SO glad to be a part of this community!

gini
03-18-2005, 03:58 PM
I saw the banner headline and just like Johanna, tears came to my eyes.

None of my friends will ever understand my addiction to this site. But they have said that in their next life they would like to come back as one of my cats. So there is something that I am able to share about the joy of all pets.

I just wish that work didn't interfere quite so much with my time on Pet Talk.

How is it really possible to thank Karen and Paul for listening to Miss Hoppy and following her advice to set up this site?

What pleases me is that the majority of us realize how very special a place this is.........and are committed to keeping it that way.

Congratulations to every person who contributed to all of the 1,000,000 posts - wasn't it fun?

With much affection to all of you.

Gini, Rascal, Annie and Emma

petslover
03-18-2005, 05:57 PM
Congratulations Pet Talk. I want to Say Thank you to Paul and Karen as well. They are great people to run such an awesome website. Pet Talk rocks!

flamepony12
03-18-2005, 06:00 PM
WOW!! :D

when I first saw the sign on the top of the forum, I was a little scared! ;) hehe.... WOOO congrats pet talk!!!!!

And a thank you for every single post, 1,000,000, of course, to Karen and Paul!! Without you, we wouldn't be here today!! :D We Love You!!!!!!
♥♥♥♥

Tweety_Pie
03-18-2005, 06:12 PM
WOW!!! When I first turned on my computer and went to PT and saw that big colourful 1 000 000, my expression was exactly this :eek: :D!!! Hooray! We really reached 1 000 000!!! Thats amazing!

CONGRATS PET TALK!!!

hehe when do you think we will reach 2 000 000?! I say.... in no time! hehe keep on blabbin!:D

green_chameleon_girl
03-18-2005, 06:36 PM
CONGRATS PT!!!!! :D:d:D I cannot belive it!!!!!!!!!:D :D Congrats to a wonderful community full of friends, family, and especially PETS!! a BIG thanks to Karen and Paul too!! For making it all happen!!!!!!;) :D :) :D :eek:

sandragonfly
03-18-2005, 06:37 PM
Miss Hoppy! ..what have you done five years ago...?? didn't you just heard our hoomans are screaming in joy.. wow, they have been talking about us everyday and probably more than hundredth times for each of us! ooh yeahaaa, let's and must stay being SOoo adorable, cuddle on THEIR face and snuggle on their pillows, poop somewhere else with cute "oops-face" looking or barf hairballs in their closets more so they can get to 2,000,000! this is just all because of us! humph, every pet is special!!

*barks!* *howlings*
*chrips! chrrrips! chrip-p-p-ps!"
*meoo--purrrring*
*squeak squeak -- quacky*
*niegh! nyah! trrummmpetting**

fuzzy and furries,
one of the paws-talk family! CATGRATULATIONS to you all!

Oggyflute
03-18-2005, 07:15 PM
Congratulations Pet Talk!:D
Karen, Paul & Miss Hoppy have done such a marvelous job in getting this community going.

I would also like to extend my warmest thanks to everyone here in making me feel so welcome.:)

wolflady
03-18-2005, 07:20 PM
Originally posted by gini
I saw the banner headline and just like Johanna, tears came to my eyes.

None of my friends will ever understand my addiction to this site. But they have said that in their next life they would like to come back as one of my cats. So there is something that I am able to share about the joy of all pets.

I just wish that work didn't interfere quite so much with my time on Pet Talk.

How is it really possible to thank Karen and Paul for listening to Miss Hoppy and following her advice to set up this site?

What pleases me is that the majority of us realize how very special a place this is.........and are committed to keeping it that way.

Congratulations to every person who contributed to all of the 1,000,000 posts - wasn't it fun?

With much affection to all of you.

Gini, Rascal, Annie and Emma

Well said Gini! I agree 100%! :-) My life has been enriched because of the friends I have made through PT that I otherwise wouldn't have had an opportunity to meet. That is priceless, as are Karen, Paul and Miss Hoppy.

*****hugs*****
Karen

*LabLoverKEB*
03-18-2005, 07:26 PM
Gooooo Pet Talk!! Gooooo Pet Talk!!!!! A HUGE Thank you to Karen, Paul, and Miss Hoppy, for making this wonderul palce on the net. Noone will ever understand my love for this place! Congratulations, everyone!

dukedogsmom
03-18-2005, 07:38 PM
I just wanted to add that I have never felt like I belong and felt a bond with other people, even in real life, than I have here. It's so wonderful to be able to be with animal lovers from all over. I really can't describe it.

delidog
03-18-2005, 07:59 PM
Yeah Pet Talk!!!!!

The Best Pet Community!!!!

Karen & Paul...And Miss Hoppy!!!!

Thank You!!!!! For Your Brainchild!!!

todd
03-18-2005, 09:14 PM
wow :D :D :D

shais_mom
03-18-2005, 11:25 PM
w:eek:w
I certainly don't think I could say it any better then anyone! When I joined this site (4 1/2 years ago) I would have never ever thought that I would become so close to several of the members here. I would have never even guessed that I would meet A BUNCH of them from as far away as Utah and California.
I never thought I would travel to Chicago and be in a wedding of someone that I met on here and met each other on here.
I am so fortunate to have met so many of you here, online and in person. And to meet several more in person this summer.
I have seen this site go thru several changes over the past few years, I myself have went thru several changes also. Have had devastating loss and joy and happiness and added to my fur family. This is the true spirit of Pet Talk!

And Kisses gently to sweet Miss Hoppy!!! She is sooooo adorable!

Karen
03-18-2005, 11:34 PM
Miss Hoppy thanks you all for the kindness and the kisses. We were so amazed to have gotten that photo - I printed out the sign, and cut a big oval to stick her head through ... and she was just puzzled enough for a moment to let Paul take the picture. By the time he went to change positions to get her whole ears, her head was back on the other side of the page.

I do love that photo, though - because you can actually see some of her billion whiskers! They're usually moving just enough so that they're invisible in photos! :)

That my girl! :)

manda_moo87
03-18-2005, 11:39 PM
Way to go PT!!!!!!!!!! :D

K9karen
03-19-2005, 12:32 AM
Good Grief! I can still clearly remember the day I found PT and it's totally changed my life! I may not get a chance to post everyday but I try to read as much as possible. Thanks K & P for being so innovative and creative and personally, for me, enabling me to make such wonderful friends whom I consider my "sisters" and "brothers". "Click click of the ruby reds..there's no placce like Pet Talk" Until we meet again for real hugs, thanks with all my heart. Love ya..mean it!

krazyaboutkatz
03-19-2005, 12:51 AM
Pet Talk has enriched my life and I've met so many great people that I never would have if I hadn't found this wonderful website.:D Thank you Karen and Paul for creating such a caring, warm, and friendly website. May you have many many more years here.:D I still can't believe that I've almost posted 10,000 posts. I guess I'm very addicted . LOL:D

PET TALK'S THE BEST!!!!

Barbara
03-19-2005, 02:58 AM
Congratulations Pet Talk !!!!!

I am so proud to be 0,7% of it all:D :D :D

jazzzytina
03-19-2005, 10:41 AM
I know I'm in the majority here when I say thank you, Karen and Paul, for creating Pet Talk.

The main thing I want to say is that you have changed lives for the better - not just the lives of animals, but the lives of people. People who have needed comfort have found it here, and thus, Pet Talk has truly been a lifesaver.

That should give you great satisfaction, in knowing that you have changed many lives in a positive way.

Blessings to both of you, and peace.

Tina

Daisy and Delilah
03-19-2005, 03:53 PM
Thank you Karen and Paul for creating this super fabulous web site. It's the greatest thing since sliced bread. We absolutely love it and it is a constant source of comfort, advice, smiles, tears, love, and happiness. Where else could you find out, within minutes, how to take care of any issue that can ever arise with your dearly beloved little babies? Where else can you get dozens of shoulders to cry on within minutes? It does our heart good to know we have such a huge union here at Pet Talk. All for the good of the wonderful pets that make our lives so special. Pet Talk has it all and you guys are the best. Miss Hoppy is so adorable!!! HIP HIP HOORAY!!!!

luckies4me
03-19-2005, 03:58 PM
OMG, I just saw this!!! HOW AWESOME!!!! :D :D :D Makes me wish I would have signed in earlier. :p

Congrats everyone! Karen, Paul and Miss Hoppy...life would definitely not be the same without this place. THANK YOU so much for making this community!

swimma253
03-20-2005, 01:24 PM
WOO HOO! I just saw this today! I cant believe it happened so soon! :D WAY TO GO PET TALK! :D

koxka
03-20-2005, 06:12 PM
Congratulations to Karen, Paul and Miss Hoppy and to one and all the members that makes Pet Talk the place it is.!!!

Josh4Colts
03-20-2005, 07:05 PM
Originally posted by Paul

Cool pic Paul.

Lexi_Lover
03-20-2005, 07:24 PM
I can't believe we have had 3,058 (now 3,059) posts since this million! :eek: Keep on posting PT!!! :D

buckner
03-20-2005, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by Lexi_Lover
I can't believe we have had 3,058 (now 3,059) posts since this million! :eek: Keep on posting PT!!! :D
Oh, I can. Pet Talk is full of blabbers... very nice and sweet blabbers, but still blabbers. :p

Don't let this comment stop your blabbers from blabbing. ;)

Suki Wingy
03-20-2005, 08:05 PM
Paul and Karen,
Such an adorable Miss Hoppy! That is such a cool way of getting a picture like that!! I never thought of that! You must have an absolutley excelent printer though because I was amased that you guys got all those wiskers in there untill I saw Karen's comment.

PJ's Mom
03-20-2005, 11:07 PM
Gee, I go away to vegas for a few days and this is what happens! :eek:

Way to go Pet Talkers! ;)

trayi52
03-20-2005, 11:29 PM
Congratulations, Pet Talk!!! Thanks to Paul and Karen for making it such a wonderful place!

Willie:)

My Peanuts
03-21-2005, 12:49 PM
This is hands down the best website/forum I have ever been a part of. By the amount of posts I'd say everyone agrees! :D

Thank you Karen & Paul for making a forum so happy and healthy that it makes me come here everyday :D

lute
03-21-2005, 01:32 PM
who posted the 1,000,000 post?

Buddy Blaze Lover
03-21-2005, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by lute

I was wondering that too...:)

AmberLee
03-21-2005, 04:42 PM
Waaahoooo Pet Talk!!!

joanofark
03-23-2005, 02:21 PM
I know it's kinda late but~
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v321/JoanofarkSigs/1000000pt.jpg

:p :rolleyes:

RICHARD
03-24-2005, 05:55 PM
Pet talk hits one million posts
And I'll start off with our hosts.
Karen, Paul, Ms. Hoppy too
PT members just want to Thank You!
For keeping up this Pet Talk site...
Where we behave and sometimes fight....
We're just like one big family
With just some different pedigrees!

I always try to start my day,
Checking up on what Pet Talkers say!
Post about Dogs and Cats,
Scales and feathers, no matter where they're at.
In yards or home or even cages,
Pet Talk caters to all the ages.
When I'm down or really sad,
Or feel like the world has got me mad.
Over to the computer I do walk.
Get on line and do PET TALK!!!!

THE END.....

slleipnir
03-24-2005, 06:55 PM
Originally posted by lute

Everyone, together

Karen
03-26-2005, 04:43 PM
Actually, Paul stayed up all night to be able to be the one who posted the exact millionth post!

Killearn Kitties
03-26-2005, 04:47 PM
:D :D Seriously??! I was sitting watching the posts mount up, but of course, it was almost lunchtime here. When I saw this thread at first, I thought that maybe Paul had taken the day off to see the millionth post, but stay up all night? :eek: That is above and beyond the call of duty!

Karen
03-26-2005, 05:10 PM
Hey, he may not have a LOT of posts, but he does make efforts to make 'em good ones! He works from home, so there's no office to "take a day off" from!

Ally Cat's Mommy
03-31-2005, 11:57 AM
*** Bumping this up for Laura***

Laura's Babies
03-31-2005, 12:12 PM
Thanks Ally Cats Mom!! I just think this is so cool! That is a LOT of postings to reach that many and I really had hoped it wouldn't happen until I got home so I could share in the excitement and thrill of it. I can honeltly say, "am I HELPED!" by adding my pitiful 4000 plus posts. Thank YOU ACM for informing me while I was at work, your email was greatelly apperciated!

I have said before and I will say again.. I searched and searched the web for the "Purfect" place to hang out and join where people were exactly like I am about their babies when I stumbled across Pet Talk. I lurked around for a long time before I joined to make sure this was where I belonged and the more I lurked, the more I loved it here so I joined up.... and the rest is history! This is the greatest place on the web in my book and I love it here!

My guess was just a WAG, I picked the date because it was my first husbands birthday and he has been dead over 30 years but I always remember his birthday.. It was just that simple and was no great feat to pick that date... I never dreamed it would actually be the date it hit on!

CONGRATULATIONS to PET TALK and I hope I am around to see the second act hit it's mark!! Thanks to the creators who made this wonderful place of love and education for us all to enjoy!