PDA

View Full Version : Do Your Cats Groom YOU?

NoahsMommy
03-18-2005, 02:11 AM
Noah, Micah and Pee Pee groom me. Samson grooms David.

Oftentimes, I have to cover my hair at night because Noah wont stop grooming my hair. :eek:

But...its sweet. :)

Do your cats groom you??

Jayna78
03-18-2005, 02:49 AM
Yes -

Leo sometimes decides to clean my forehead, and when he first came to live with us, if my hair was wet at night, he'd lay on my pillow and groom it and play with it. Thankfully he grew out of that! Claudia likes to play with my hair occasionally, and she has groomed my arms before. :) The other two don't groom us, but Bailey grooms Leila & Claudia, Leila grooms herself. Leo grooms both of the girls and tries to groom Bailey, and Claudia grooms herself and attempts to sometimes play with and groom the boys' tails. :)

Maya & Inka's mommy
03-18-2005, 03:45 AM
No, none of my cats do that :) . Sounds cute though!!;)

Killearn Kitties
03-18-2005, 05:17 AM
Samantha grooms us, the other don't. :D

lady_zana
03-18-2005, 05:55 AM
Weezie will groom me. She only does it at night and right at the inside of my elbow....:eek: She'll lick, lick, lick, then nip me with her teeth like she's getting rid of fleas....:eek: :eek: I love it though. It's so precious when she does it.

catcrazylady
03-18-2005, 07:51 AM
I call mine the BRATS for a reason....NO, they don't groom me or hubby. I was put on this planet to help groom them, not the other way around.:rolleyes: At least that's how they see it!:D

Felicia's Mom
03-18-2005, 08:30 AM
Beau and Felicia don't groom me. Though I have had cat in the past that have groomed me.

catmandu
03-18-2005, 08:34 AM
Scrappy,used to lie,on my chest,and wash,my face,and neck,and was always ,PURRRRING,up a storm.I eventually,had to shift him a few times,but I wish now,that he could be there again. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/PouncerFirstCat.jpg

aly
03-18-2005, 09:44 AM
Lucky and Chance used to always groom my head while I was in bed (I miss them :( ). Shiloh sometimes grooms me and Skylar does occasionally.

DogLover9501
03-18-2005, 10:01 AM
Neither of mine ever groom me..:(

LeahMM
03-18-2005, 10:07 AM
None of my 5 cats do but my dogs try to lick my skin off.:rolleyes:

kuhio98
03-18-2005, 10:10 AM
Kuhio used to groom me ~ just my hands and arms.
Halo will lick my hand if I have some interesting hand lotion on them. Other than that, nope!

kimlovescats
03-18-2005, 10:13 AM
My best groomer is Amber! She loves to lick and bite, ummmm I mean comb and detangle my hair for me!;) I think the girl has aspirations of becoming a cosmetologist some day!:D Such a sweet girl, I just love little Miss Amber so much!:)

http://www.kimsheartandsoul.com/1.01.05_182.jpg

CalliesMom
03-18-2005, 10:16 AM
I only get licked continuously if I have something yummy on my fingers. Callie will lick my fingers clean if I have Cheetos crumbs :rolleyes:.

Prairie Purrs
03-18-2005, 01:07 PM
Cricket picks a spot on my arm or leg and licks it until I make her stop--that sandpaper tongue gets painful after awhile!

Katie likes to wake me up by licking under my chin.

When I'm rubbing Hagrid's belly, he likes to return the favor by licking my hand. :D

Angel used to love to mess around in my wet hair right after a shower, but not so much any more. That's probably just as well, because a littermate of Angel's once chewed off a big hunk of his meowmie's hair! :eek: Fortunately she thought it was funny.

Uabassoon
03-18-2005, 01:14 PM
Tibby loves to "wash" my hair! Corkscrew would care less if I'm clean or dirty LOL

ramanth
03-18-2005, 01:29 PM
Zam does. She especially likes to lick my nose, chin, and cheeks once I'm settled in bed.

If she's bathing herself, and I pet her, she'll stop what she's doing and start licking my hand and fingers. :D

Scooby4
03-18-2005, 02:41 PM
My cat insists to "drink" the water off my hair if I am in the bathtub! She loves to drink my bath water! I have to wait for her to finish drinking BEFORE I can add any soap!
I have long hair and she will bat at when it's wet. She won't drink out of my hand but she will suck the water out of my hair!
I reckon I am spoiled with a cat that drinks my bath water!:p

sirrahbed
03-18-2005, 03:10 PM
Dylan licks me:p Nice sandpaper kisses on whatever body part is sticking out of the covers and on my face - usually in the morning.

Robbie does *something* to my hair and I guess it is grooming. He will be purring his head off and gets into my hair but before long he is either biting or clawing it because it pulls and hurts until I cover up my head:rolleyes: I tell him I am NOT your momma!!:D

nibblets
03-18-2005, 03:16 PM
Once in a while Julie will lick my hand and wrist, but its usually because I started petting her when she was grooming herself so she just moves on to me.

lady_zana
03-18-2005, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by Scooby4
She loves to drink my bath water! I have to wait for her to finish drinking BEFORE I can add any soap!

Grey Girl does this too. I love to take 'beauty baths' with oil and bubbles and salts and lots of good smelling goodies...I have had to stop doing this more than once every couple of weeks though because Grey Girl wants to always get her drink of water. She has a Flow Fountain and that has stopped her drinking out of the tub some but not completely. It's her special treat.