PDA

View Full Version : Angel went to the Vet. today.......

Soapets
03-17-2005, 10:33 PM
We took Angel to the Vet. today to have those two little raw spots on her chin checked out. Also, she acted like she needed to vomit this afternoon but couldn't get anything up. I just thought it was best to have her checked.

ANGEL didn't think it was such a good idea, once we got her there and she realized where she was at! She growled and hissed and told us in no uncertain terms that she was NOT coming out of her carrier to let that Vet. check ANYTHING out on her body!

We complied, and didn't make her come out of the carrier. Instead, we unscrewed the top of it and removed it from over her! "WHAT the H@#$ are you doing?" she seemed to ask!

She does have kitty acne, which some of you told me recently on here that that's what it probably was, based on my description of it. She got an antibiotic shot, and also some liquid Amoxicillin to take twice a day for a week for it. And the Vet. told us to be sure to use stainless steel or ceramic bowls for her food, which some of you on here ALSO told me recently.

As for the vomiting bit, the Vet. said she could have had an upset stomach because I had cleaned the two sores with Hydrogen Peroxide last night, and then used a little bit of Neosporin antibiotic ointement on them. She said Angel could have cleaned that ointment off and gotten some of it into her system that way, and that would be enough to cause an upset stomach.

She also showed us how to give Angel the liquid medicine with the dropper, and Angel got her first oral dose of it right there at the clinic in the process. Angel didn't know what had happened when the medicine went in, but she complied and swallowed it before she had a chance to even THINK of spitting it back out.

Overall she was a good kitty and didn't hiss or try to bite the Vet. once the carrier top had been removed and the Vet. had access to her. She did growl a little bit when the Vet. was listening to her lungs with the stethoscope, but then she even quit that.

After we got her home, my son and I went to Walmart and purchased a food/water bowl, with a stainless steel bowl for the food, and a place to screw in a bottle of water, with a little channel for the water to go from the bottle into the water side of the bowl. We also got her a couple of toys, and found a Cat Racket Sack there for her.

We thought she deserved that stuff after having to go to the Vet., and putting up with all the indignity of being outwitted by having the top of her carrier removed in order to be examined!

She hasn't discovered the Cat Racket Sack yet, as we put it down on the floor in a corner of the living room and decided to let her discover it on her own.

I do have one question about the food/water bowl. Is it OK to have the WATER in a plastic bowl, or should that be in a stainless steel or ceramic or glass bowl also? The Vet. told us that the reason the plastic bowls are bad is that the cat can put minute little scratches in it with her teeth when she's eating, which can then harbor bacteria, which then get onto the cat's chin when she's eating, and causes the infection, or "acne", there. But she won't be as likely to put scratches in the water bowl, will she, if she isn't using her teeth when she drinks the water?

krazyaboutkatz
03-18-2005, 12:56 AM
I remember your post in cat health about Angel and I'm glad to hear that it's only kitty acne. I'm sorry that she was so stressed out though. I use stainless steel bowls for both food and water because I just think that this is better. I don't know if the plastic water bowl will still cause acne or not. Maybe you could call your vet and ask. I hope that the meds will help Angels acne and that the new stainless steel food bowl will help too.:)