PDA

View Full Version : for Katie (kt_luvs_kitties).. pleco pics

flamepony12
03-17-2005, 08:53 PM
here is what a male Dwarf albino bristlenose pleco looks like.... (with a bristlenose!)

flamepony12
03-17-2005, 08:54 PM
and here is what a female looks like! :) (They don't have bristlenoses)

LuvGold00
03-17-2005, 08:54 PM
Oh never seen those!! You breed them?

flamepony12
03-17-2005, 08:56 PM
Originally posted by SunKissedGoldens
Oh never seen those!! You breed them?

yep!

kt_luvs_kitties
03-17-2005, 09:02 PM
THANK YOU!! Those are beautiful!! I really like them both, and I would love to have one of each, BUT I dont want any spawning.
Do you think that a pleco and a snail could be tankmates with a Betta fish? Because now I want one of each! If I got a female pleco, would it lay eggs like a betta fish does, even thought they never hatch?

flamepony12
03-17-2005, 09:03 PM
Originally posted by kt_luvs_kitties
f I got a female pleco, would it lay eggs like a betta fish does, even thought they never hatch?

ohh, good point :o hehe... you might want to get a male, then. ;) I'm pretty sure a snail would be fine.... we have a few in our tanks! :)

Tiah
03-17-2005, 09:07 PM
Aww!
What are their tank requirments? :)

kt_luvs_kitties
03-17-2005, 09:07 PM
YAY!! I am going to go to that site you showed me, aquabid, and look for one of both! I think that the female is prettier, but the male is alot "spunkier" looking and I bet my hubby would have a fit over yours! I cant wait until he gets here to see the pictures! Thank you SO much for the helpful advice, and taking the time to post pictures! Thank you sunkissed also! Very kind and helpful of both of you:D:D:D

flamepony12
03-17-2005, 09:08 PM
Originally posted by Tiah
Aww!

Will you be selling the babies??
What are their tank requirments? :)

yes, but not shipping ;) They are freshwater fish... and they can pretty much live in any sized tank, as long as it is not over-crowded.

No problem, Katie! :)

kt_luvs_kitties
03-17-2005, 09:17 PM
Last question, I promise, lol.
On aquabid, what listing are they under. I type in Dwarf albino bristlenose pleco and nothing comes up? Neither does the teardrop snail. Am I doing something wrong>?

flamepony12
03-17-2005, 09:29 PM
Originally posted by kt_luvs_kitties
Last question, I promise, lol.
On aquabid, what listing are they under. I type in Dwarf albino bristlenose pleco and nothing comes up? Neither does the teardrop snail. Am I doing something wrong>?

oh, yes, look under catfish. :) There should be some plecos there! :)

Logan
03-18-2005, 09:25 AM
What neat little fellows they are! I had no idea what a Pleco was until I looked at those pics. Thanks! :)

Tiah
03-18-2005, 09:29 AM
http://www.liveaquaria.com/

Try there, too. It's not an auction type format. Very fun to browse around and look at all the kinds of fish!
And here's the link to the Pleco's :
http://liveaquaria.com/product/scateg.cfm?pCatId=837