PDA

View Full Version : Do any of your cats hate the vet?

meowmieto2kitties
03-17-2005, 07:58 PM
I am jsut wondering this because my Rocky just absolutely hates it with a passion..at home...he is the most loveable, affectionate, sociable kitty, but as soon as we step into the vets office, there is a huge attitude change...I love the place he goes to..it is An all cats clinic...they only see cats and that's it...ok, well, First of all..Fluffy is an angel and always cooperates with no problem,..they always do her first....the last time,,I had to schedule him to be heavily sedated just for a check up...they had left him in his carrier and put the gas towards his carrier so it would relax him...enough to where they could get him out without him giving the doc a hard time...he bites at them normally, and has acheived before...anyway..they put the little gas mask on him and the entire checkup lasted 10 minutes at the most....then they put him back in the carrier, he was awake within 5 minutes after that on the way home having no clue as to what happened...(maybe he did,,I dunno)lol anyway..I hate to have to do this to him, but he gets super stressed out, won't relax, and the people at the vets office are so patient with him but deep down inside you can tell, it is quite aggrivating them..:)

kuhio98
03-17-2005, 08:03 PM
Kuhio was an angel at home and a devil at the vet. One vet we took her suggested that we never bring her back there again! :eek: (Naturally, we found another vet for her).

Halo is scared to death. She goes limp and boneless and has actualy peed all over me and the vet out of fright.

Cammie isn't too happy and keeps up a continuous growl but is scared and cooperates.

Pepper loves everyone and they love her. The vet techs all come running when Pepper goes in for a checkup. She gets lots of attention and cuddles.

jenluckenbach
03-17-2005, 08:11 PM
Nope, all my cats are good for the vet.

meowmieto2kitties
03-17-2005, 08:14 PM
Wow! That's awesome!

chocolatepuppy
03-17-2005, 09:00 PM
My Missy is good at the vets. Sassy is another story! She can be a beast. The vet had to put a towel over her to get her shots last time she was in. :eek:

Craftlady
03-17-2005, 09:53 PM
My gang of three are angels at the vet. :) I remember when we took all 3 in for first time at our new vet (the one we took Skinny too) RBButterscotch loved Dr. Leroy and started to quiver his tail. Dr. Leory thought he was getting ready to spray and we said "oh no, he is just happy and greeting you". Skinny spent the time in room roaming around exploring. Thumper decided to stay in her carrier until it was time to been seen by Dr. Leroy. :) Eleanor when we took her in with Skinny and Thumper, she was just hanging around the room.

Soapets
03-17-2005, 10:27 PM
I just took my cat, Angel, to the Vet. today, and this evening I posted a thread about the experience in the "Cat Health" section:

http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=74318

meowmieto2kitties
03-17-2005, 10:37 PM
Angel sure sounds like she did well overall witht he whole visit...The vets had tried taking the top off of the carrier with Rocky in it, but he bites at the docs or whoever dares to enter..I have to pay extra fees for extended consultation, but he is worth it!!!

Randy_K
03-17-2005, 11:18 PM
Mango is Ok with the vet. He head-bonks the vet, plays with the stethoscope, snoops in cabinets, plays with his file and in general just a sweet ittle guy. The vet loves him but he's so healthy he rarely ever sees her.

Jayna78
03-18-2005, 01:10 AM
I posted a thread similar to this one a few weeks ago - I think it was "How do your cats act at the vet?" - anyway, 2 of my 4 hate it with a passion and turn into wild devil-kitties when we get them there. Bailey & Leila get very evil, whereas Leo & Claudia are perfect angels who let the vets do their business and behave just fine.

NoahsMommy
03-18-2005, 01:51 AM
Luckily my vet comes to my house for exams...unless its more serious.

None of the furkids like leaving the house, so the vet's office is scary for them.

Maya & Inka's mommy
03-18-2005, 06:52 AM
Not really. They are calm and let the vet do what she wants. But Inka absolutely hates shots and refuses to get that thermometer in het butt.... :eek: :D

moosmom
03-18-2005, 08:29 AM
My cat Mollie Rose is the most lovable, QUIET (she never meows) kitty in my entire house. Bring her to the vet and she's a wild woman!!!! The last time she went, they had to put a muzzle on her :eek: because she kept trying to bite the vet tech!! I'm not sure if it's the white coat they wear or what. But she's like a Dr. Jekyll/Ms. Hyde in the vet's office.

catmandu
03-18-2005, 11:58 AM
I dont think,that its the Vet,that they hate,as they were very nice,to Doctor Marsales,when he was here.I think,that it is being put,in a carrier,and then transporetd ,out of the house,and being stared at,by all,the people,in thje waiting room.Michael,was nice,to the Vet,even walking up,.to him.which he,or the Other Found cats,would do,if they were under,all that stress.

Uabassoon
03-18-2005, 12:00 PM
Tibby loves the vet, she will roll over and ask for belly rubs. Corkscrew is terrified of the vet, but I think it's because he gets sick so often that he realizes the vet is bad news. Normally even though he is terrified he will behave, but when he had to stay overnight once he was a terror and the vet said he had a hard time controlling him.

DogLover9501
03-18-2005, 12:13 PM
Both of mine *hate* the car ride, but don't really mind the vet ;)

catnapper
03-18-2005, 12:17 PM
All of my kids are just fine with the vet - its the car they hate! Though I know Nicki becomes Hyper Dog at the vet. OMG... she is so embarasssing! She is anywhere and everywhere at once, all the while wimpering and crying at top volume. Even the techs make comment on how nerve wracking it is (to which I answer: run on time and we wouldn't have to wait so long and bother you during the wait! :D )

CalliesMom
03-18-2005, 12:25 PM
Callie is HORRIBLE on the car ride there. She cries constantly (imagine trying to move cross country with a cat meowing her head off) but once they are at the vet they aren't too bad. Callie was only bad when the vet tech was trying to clean her ears and it was painful. Other than that, they act too scared to do anything.

smokey the elder
03-18-2005, 03:28 PM
My cats don't mind the vet too much. TicTac, the big wimp, gets scared and always soils his carrier. Diva typically purrs so the vet has trouble hearing her insides! One time he said it was like listening to an 18 wheeler motor!:D Mobius drools, Smokey, Bosun and Diamond just hang out. I don't know how Bubba will be; if he's anything like he is at home he'll be a love sponge!