PDA

View Full Version : my two off to whitecoats tomorrow...annual checkup

carole
03-17-2005, 07:03 PM
Well my two furbabies are off for their jabs tomorrow, and a general check up, Lexie should be ok, Ash is getting on in years, so who knows, Thursday he had a very weepy eye,and it looked like their was some puss there, I have been saline solutioning it continually, and it looks so much better, no weeping, but I do notice it is still red in the white part of the eye, so lucky we are going to the vets, so she can see if it need antibiotic cream, he often gets an eye like this from time to time, sometimes it appears like conjunctivitis to me, as he sneezes a lot, so he has allergies.

Well just hoping you wish us luck, and all goes well, my lil Lexie is terrified at the Vets, and gets very stressed, but Ash just takes it in his stride and is a pure Angel for the vet.

slick
03-17-2005, 07:34 PM
Good luck and let us know how it goes.

rg_girlca
03-17-2005, 09:51 PM
Good luck at the whitecoats tomorrow Lexie and Ash.

Lil Lexie, try not to stress out too much sweetie. It will be over before you know it.

carole
03-17-2005, 10:05 PM
Thanks everyone, even though it is just a jab and check-up I think I get more nervous than anyone, silly isn't it?:)

slick
03-17-2005, 10:08 PM
Originally posted by carole
Thanks everyone, even though it is just a jab and check-up I think I get more nervous than anyone, silly isn't it?:)
Not at all!!!! It's called MAD or Meowmie Anxiety Disorder. I don't think any one of us can say that we don't have it.

NoahsMommy
03-18-2005, 01:56 AM
Its tottally normal to be concerned. ((hugs))

Best wishes for a clean bill of health, times 2. :)

Maya & Inka's mommy
03-18-2005, 03:55 AM
Originally posted by slick
Not at all!!!! It's called MAD or Meowmie Anxiety Disorder. I don't think any one of us can say that we don't have it.

LOL!!! I think we all have that desease here ;) :D

carole
03-19-2005, 10:13 PM
Well the visit went fine, Ash was much more scared than usual, but he did have an open cage to be transported in this time instead of a closed in one, even though I put a towel over to make him feel safer, he was not happy in that cage.

Clean bill of health, except Ash will have to have a general to have his teeth cleaned, one tooth is a bit of a concern, so hoping it does not have to be pulled, not looking forward to that, it can wait a little while, so just have to save up some cash, but I am going to book him in very soon,and just pay it off.

I did not think the vet gave them a very thorough lookover though, I hope I get the English girl next time as she seems much more onto it.

rg_girlca
03-19-2005, 10:47 PM
I'm glad to hear that they got a clean bill of health.

How was lil Lexie's stress level this time?

I'll pray that Ash will not have to have his tooth pulled.

catmandu
03-20-2005, 07:06 AM
There is nothing better,than the Vet,smiling,and giving youir cats,that claen bill,of health,that says,that they are all right,for another year,or six months,for the Older Cats!

catnapper
03-20-2005, 07:09 AM
Sounds like they did well, sorry to hear we have a dental concern.

Don't you just hate it when you feel the vet doesn't give them the complete look-over? I refuse to see the male vet at my vet hospital because he totally and completely missed fleas on Allen AFTER I specifically told him I thought I saw a flea earlier - he refused to do that two second flea comb that the woman vet does in the beginning oif the exam without even being prompted.

carole
03-20-2005, 01:54 PM
Lexie was pretty good this time, she was scared, but who wouldn't be? I notice the difference, that when she is looked at she leaves sweaty paw marks on the vinyl table, whereas Ash does not, this shows she is pretty stressed, poor wee girl, but in general it was quick and she was better.

Ash just hated the cage we took him out in, and I think that is why he was more upset this time.

I am dreading that visit for the dental procedure, poor ole guy does not know what lies ahead, still if it makes him feel better that is all that matters.

jazzcat
03-20-2005, 02:14 PM
I'm glad the check up went fine.

Sorry to hear Ash has to have a dental cleaning but he will do well. Ripley had it done two years ago and did great. My poor dog Disney has to have it done every 18 months or so. Her last was right before Christmas and she had to have her big K9 tooth pulled because she broke it. She did very well overall.

Please let us know when it's time so we can send Ash some extra good vibes.

carole
03-20-2005, 02:29 PM
Thank you for that Jazzcat, I needed to hear that and have that re-assurance, I have heard of a few kitties here on PT who died under the General because of heart problems that were unknown, and that is always in the back of my mind, still I know he has to have it done, as the vet said better now while he is still in good shape, he is getting on nearly 11 years old now, I am hoping no teeth need to be pulled, but there is one that is looking not so good around the gum area, so I am half expecting it to happen.

My mother's kitty Tessa is the same age as Ash and only ever needs a minor clean not under a general, but she only eats biscuits, which is what my Lexie has, so hopefully that is the answer, Ash was five when I adopted him, and he just will not eat biscuits permanently, but maybe when his teeth are better, he might beable to and if so I will put him on a dental one and hope he only needs minor cleans from then on.

Yes I will be coming by and asking for some positive vibes to help Ash along, I know the wonderful power of PT.:)

jazzcat
03-20-2005, 02:43 PM
Ripley was a month shy of his 11th birthday when he had his dental done.

One thing that we had done before he went under was a blood screen. We had tried to have his teeth cleaned a year earlier but the blood test showed his liver and kidney functions were too low to risk putting him under. They sent him home with some antibiotics and told us to try again later. He then got very sick with a URI he caught from Jazz when we first adopted her. That URI then triggered an underlying blood infection and the poor boy almost died. He was at the vet for 8 days total and then still had to go back for daily antibiotic injections another 5 days. My vet felt that the blood infection was caused by his teeth and gums so as soon as he was well enough, about 3 1/2 months later, we had that dental done on him. His blood test still showed his liver function was a little low but the vet felt it was worth the risk and went ahead. Like I said in the other post, he did great.

Hope this helps and doens't worry you more. I don't mean to.