PDA

View Full Version : When you lose a pet...

Enthusiologist
10-20-2000, 11:55 AM
Hi Dear Ones!
I have wanted to share "RAINBOW BRIDGE" with yaw'l several times...I know the pain of losing a beloved pet. RAINBOW BRIDGE helps a lot. I have taken the liberties of enhancing it a wee bit and do not know the original author. So here's hopin I do this right.
RAINBOW BRIDGE

Just this side of heaven is a place called RAINBOW BRIDGE. When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all our special friends so they can run, slither, fly, swim and play together. There is plenty of food, water, sunshine, catnip, chew toys and blankies and our beloved friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who have been ill and are old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt, injured or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone special to them that they left behind. They all run, slither and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; his eager body begins to quiver. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, sloppy kisses, wagging tails...never to be parted again! The happy kisses, nose bumping and sweet purrs or coo's rain upon your face; your hands caress the beloved head and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross RAINBOW BRIDGE together.

Hope this eases someone's heart>
Blessings of Love,
JRP
http://PetoftheDay.com/talk/smile.gif

gini
10-20-2000, 11:29 PM
Thanks for sharing "Rainbow Bridge". It is so comforting and you can bet that I am counting on there being a "Rainbow Bridge".
Please see my new post for other information that was so helpful when I lost my wonderful cat, Magic.

Pitgull
11-07-2000, 10:11 PM
[JRP - thanks so much for your beautiful story.
It would be so nice if that were true, I can think of one very special dog and a number of very special cats who will be waiting for me. I sure hope they all get along.
What a sweet thought - http://PetoftheDay.com/talk/smile.gif

isis
09-01-2003, 12:47 PM
Thank you,that really helps.I just lost a very small,and loyal friend of mine.:( Some day i'll meet him again to.:'O)(tears of joy)

todd
09-01-2003, 08:35 PM
Thanks for posting.

moosmom
09-01-2003, 09:58 PM
I find the Rainbow Bridge website a great comfort. When I lost my 2 cats, and my Dad's cat, I wrote stories about them. Every once in a while I'll go back and read them over. I've even wrote stories about cats I've cared for, fostered and rescued.