PDA

View Full Version : Pics I'd like to share from my online friend in Iraq..

CountryWolf07
03-17-2005, 04:31 PM
I am keeping in touch with a guy that I met online.. he is in the army, and he is in Iraq, until October. His name is Josh and he wanted to share a couple pictures -- so I found these interesting.. :)

So please keep good thoughts & prayers for him & the rest of the guys in his unit.. 278th. :)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v44/gbrooksfan07/Danger025.jpg Saddam's Palace

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v44/gbrooksfan07/Danger100.jpg Inside Saddam's Palace (from the enterance/front door)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v44/gbrooksfan07/DonnyJosh.jpg Donny and Josh - Donny is Josh's roommate - Josh just woke up, so he is observing Donny cleaning his weapon..

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v44/gbrooksfan07/Fleenor1.jpg This is taken while they were sleeping, resting -- Josh is on the left, with the helmet on his knee.. This was a popular picture that was taken, too.. He told me that about 6-7 people took photographs at the time..

sammy101
03-17-2005, 05:50 PM
great pictures!The building in the first picture is beautiful:)
my thoughts and prayers go out to Josh,and his roommate Donny:)

QueenScoopalot
03-17-2005, 06:14 PM
Great pictures! I sure hope this war ends soon, and no more troops get injured or killed. Praying they'll all be home with their loved ones soon. ;) Poor guys look so exhausted. :(

Maya & Inka's mommy
03-18-2005, 04:40 AM
Great pics!! The pic with the weapon gave me the chills..... . Your friend is a very brave person! Good luck to him!!

Lilith Cherry
03-18-2005, 06:37 AM
I can't see the pics because I cannot open photobucket here in China:( :( :mad: but I would love to add my blessings and goodthoughts to everyone out there:D :D

moosmom
03-18-2005, 08:55 AM
CountryWolf07,

I am praying for their safe return. I'd like to exchange emails with someone over there as well. Can you ask Josh if he knows anyone who would like to exchange emails with me??

CountryWolf07
03-18-2005, 09:01 AM
Originally posted by moosmom
CountryWolf07,

I am praying for their safe return. I'd like to exchange emails with someone over there as well. Can you ask Josh if he knows anyone who would like to exchange emails with me??

Hey, I will do that! :) I'll be talking to him today so I will let you know! Thanks. I'll PM you with info.

CountryWolf07
03-18-2005, 04:24 PM
Josh wanted me to tell y'all thank you for sending good thoughts & prayers to him & the guys in his unit! :D He really appreciates it! I had a nice chat with him today.. we chatted for 4 hours.. it was great! He was happy -- he had a bad day so he was glad I was around. Found out we had more things in common, too! He's cool.

Amber
03-18-2005, 10:23 PM
Thats awesome. :) Praying for their safe return.

K9karen
03-19-2005, 01:12 AM
Please send Josh and his buddies my sincerest wishes for their safe and speedy return. Maybe we can do a "gift" box for them..anything special they want or need? Philadelphia is known for Tastykakes and Goldenbergs Peanut Chews and yummy stuff. Ask them if they need toiletries or whatever. I;m not working, but I'd feel great ifI could help them out.. You can email me or Pm me. I think it'd be fun and it sure would make me feel good.

GraciesMommy
03-19-2005, 07:14 AM
This is too wild..my nephew was there too..he stayed in one of Saddam's Palaces..I wonder if they were in the same unit. His name is Jake..he is on medical leave right now...actually will be getting a discharge. One of the car bombs that went off did nerve damage to his leg..
Well..he was in the palace from Jan - June then he was in Fallujah til Nov. So he was prob the batallion before this one

dukedogsmom
03-19-2005, 08:00 AM
I've been postponing looking at these because it makes me so sad that we have so many people over there. I can only imagine how homesick and alone they must feel. If you ever write to them, some of us here would be willing to send them letters also. That palace is so beautiful. Hard to believe it held such an ugly man.

Cincy'sMom
03-19-2005, 08:39 AM
Thanks for sharing the pictures, and thank Josh and his friends for what they are doing!

My sister's BIL just came home Tuesday after being in Iraq for a year. And of course Brian was there for a year. Thankfully he is now in training to be a recruiter and shouldn't have to go back. (Brian has been in the army since Sept of 1999, and recently re-enlisted, so he has about 3 1/2 years left.)

Maybe we can do a "gift" box for them..anything special they want or need? Philadelphia is known for Tastykakes and Goldenbergs Peanut Chews and yummy stuff. Ask them if they need toiletries or whatever. I;m not working, but I'd feel great ifI could help them out.. You can email me or Pm me. I think it'd be fun and it sure would make me feel good.

I think that is a great idea!!

cookieluver7
03-19-2005, 10:13 AM
Great pictures, Josh is very brave. I will not only be praying for him, but all of the soldiers and that soon the war will be over.