PDA

View Full Version : Pictures of the Deathwish, Highway Dashing Tortie!

QueenScoopalot
03-17-2005, 03:28 PM
She hasn't warmed up any to me, but will be going to a shelter that deals with a lot of ferals/semi ferals. Her altercation with whatever ripped her neck up, and caused spinal injuries luckily has not had any lasting effect. She can urinate, and all that good stuff now, though it was questionable at first. She's quite the talker, but wants nothing to do with me, or my rubber arm on a stick. :rolleyes: :( :rolleyes: Social butterfly Chip loves to visit inmates, and snuggle up with them, and "Lucy" seems to really enjoy Chip's company too. :)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v128/QueenScoopalot/UnhappyLucyfromtheLynnway.jpg

Here's the before Chip picture............:eek:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v128/QueenScoopalot/ChipvisitsLucy.jpg

And looking much more content with Chip visiting. :D
Here's the thread I posted about that night!
http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=72808

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
03-17-2005, 03:54 PM
Oh my! If looks could kill in that first picture! I don't think I've ever seen such serious airplane ears! :D

I'm so glad Chip was able to calm her down a bit. Went back and read the whole story and whew - what a night you had! I'm so glad she's doing better and hopefully the shelter will be able to work with her. She is so pretty.

Thanks again, Jan, for all you do for all these kitties. :)

Prairie Purrs
03-17-2005, 04:02 PM
Oh, my, she's lovely! But I agree that those are some amazing don't-mess-with-me airplane ears in that first picture! That's the picture that should go into the dictionary next to "tortitude"! :D

kuhio98
03-17-2005, 04:20 PM
Originally posted by Tubby & Peanut's Mom
Oh my! If looks could kill in that first picture! I don't think I've ever seen such serious airplane ears! :D

I'm so glad Chip was able to calm her down a bit. Went back and read the whole story and whew - what a night you had! I'm so glad she's doing better and hopefully the shelter will be able to work with her. She is so pretty.

Thanks again, Jan, for all you do for all these kitties. :)

You took the words right out of my mouth. Reminds me of the old "Heart" song.

"If looks could kill. You'd be reeling on the floor. You'd be begging, please, please, please don't hurt me no more.
If looks could kill. "

That girl has some serious "tude". She could give Cammie lessons on how to look crabby! She had me stepping back from my monitor all the way up here in Alaska.

Jan, I don't know how you do it.

QueenScoopalot
03-17-2005, 04:34 PM
She is a temperMENTAL tortie for sure! She adores other cats though...and that's a plus. She's got the oddest "T" shading around her face, which seems to only add to her "tude". :eek: ;) I don't mess with her...that's for sure. :rolleyes:

Logan
03-17-2005, 04:43 PM
Bless her heart............she's safe, and that's a good thing, but I know it is so frustrating when they just won't accept love, although we understand why.

Chip is my hero, helping to calm her down. :)

rg_girlca
03-17-2005, 05:28 PM
Way to go Chip, helping meowmie with this precious girl with a serious attitude.

Poor sweet thing. Those scardy cats are the ones that tug at my heartstrings big time.

Wishing her all the best and hopefully she will learn in time, that being loved and cared for isn't all that bad.

catmandu
03-17-2005, 06:47 PM
She is so terrified,by all,that has go on,and her sad experiences,with people,have left,her so traumatized.I am glad,that you got her,to a place,where she will be cared,for,and hopefully,someone patient,can adopt her,and make her,thier friend.

kimlovescats
03-17-2005, 08:15 PM
Jan, you amaze me! What a scared tortie you have there, and I quote Debbie "if looks could kill"!!!!:eek: :eek: :eek: Be careful around her, and thank you for bringing her in!

Hugs,
Kim;)

AbbyMom
03-17-2005, 09:38 PM
Red Alert! Clear runway! Clear runway now!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v128/QueenScoopalot/UnhappyLucyfromtheLynnway.jpg

Jan, congratulations again! Most people would be terrified of her, but you gave her a chance. Thanks!

NoahsMommy
03-17-2005, 09:47 PM
She sure is a pretty girl. How sweet of Chip to welcome her and that she enjoys his company. :)

Good luck, Lucy girl. Now you're safe and away from harm.

Hugs to you, Jan. ♥