PDA

View Full Version : Gotcha!

kuhio98
03-17-2005, 09:08 AM
Dear Momcat and Dadcat:

Happy 2nd GOTCHA day!
I remember so clearly the first time I saw you. You walked into Adopt-a-Cat at about 7:00 p.m. on St. Patrick's Day. You immediately caught my eye. Momcat has pretty green eyes and Dadcat has such a beautiful silvery mane of hair. You looked so sad that I just knew I had to adopt you.

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a373/kuhio98/Kuhio%20Halo%20Cammie/fb84faf7.jpg

I have to tell you though, it wasn't easy convincing you.
I attached myself to you at the front door. You didn't take much notice. You walked around the new arrivals room and I patiently snaked between your feet. Next, you hit the main room and it seemed to me you cuddled every kitty there. I leapt from shelf to shelf and insinuated myself between you and each kitty. That got me a few more hugs and pats, but you still weren't getting the message. Next, you climbed the stairs to the second level. I jumped up onto the banister and walked with you the whole way. Again, it seemed to me that you snuggled far too many kitties!

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a373/kuhio98/Kuhio%20Halo%20Cammie/fb84fafa.jpg

You kept saying that you wanted a lap kitty. Well, HELLO? I was right there the whole time! As you headed down the stairs again, I heard you say that you just didn't see a kitty for you today. So, I had to take drastic measures. I jumped from the banister to Momcat's shoulder and held on with my eagle talons and refused to let go. It made you laugh when I rode around on your shoulder. To me, this was no laughing matter. Finally, I had your undivided attention!

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a373/kuhio98/Kuhio%20Halo%20Cammie/16b69cf0.jpg

Dadcat held me and snuggled me real good. Momcat finally made mention that I had followed you guys around from the minute you got there. DUH! Momcat asked the volunteers about me. They told you that my name was Roberta and that I had been found abandoned at Denali National Park in the October snows and that I was about 3 years old. I was laughing on the inside because I had never answered to the name Roberta and never would and because I was over 10 years old! I just played dumb and made my eyes as big and round as possible to look innocent.

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a373/kuhio98/Kuhio%20Halo%20Cammie/fb84faf4.jpg

I was pretty sure I had you convinced but to close the deal, I walked into the kitty carrier myself. (If I could have managed it, I would have closed the door behind me). Well, that seemed to cinch it. You finally realized that I had adopted from that very first moment.

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a373/kuhio98/Kuhio%20Halo%20Cammie/f9994b54.jpg

Now that I know you better, I realize that I didn't need to lie about my age. But, there were so many younger kitties there, I felt you might not take a chance on an older girl like me. And, thanks for changing my name. I never liked Roberta. Cammie is a good name, I had another name for over 10 years ~ but I'm keeping that a secret.

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a373/kuhio98/Kuhio%20Halo%20Cammie/bab15343.jpg

GOTCHA!

Love, Cammie

K & L
03-17-2005, 09:15 AM
Oh this story brought tears to my eyes! I love the name Cammie also!!

Maresche
03-17-2005, 09:25 AM
What a change to hear a gotcha story from the kitty's point of view.

What a beautiful girl you are Cammie and so persistant to convince your Momcat and Dadcat that you had already adopted them!

mruffruff
03-17-2005, 09:35 AM
Sometime hoomins are so dense!:rolleyes:

I'm glad you were so persistent. And thanks for telling us about your Gotcha! I certainly enjoyed your story.

Mary

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
03-17-2005, 09:45 AM
Originally posted by mruffruff
Sometime hoomins are so dense!:rolleyes:
:D

I'm so glad you were so persistent sweet Cammie. Happy Gotcha day! :D

kimlovescats
03-17-2005, 10:07 AM
Beautiful, beautiful (clever) Cammie!!!! What a precious story of purrsistance, and what a beautiful, happy ending!!!! Thanks so much for sharing this with us, it made me smile this morning!!!

Kim:)

Logan
03-17-2005, 10:29 AM
Cammie, what a persistant, wonderful girl you are!!! :) I'm so glad you finally got Momcat's attention and she knew she had to have you!!!! :) :) Happy Gotcha Day to you, sweet girl!!!! :D

Rachel
03-17-2005, 10:58 AM
Cammie, you won my heart with your recounting the wonderful story of your Gotcha. It seems you were willing to sacrifice the highest virtue of catness (aloofness) to catch your prey, but as has been stated, you are the cleverest of kitties.

Happy Gotcha Day to you, Cammie, and to Momcat and Dadcat. I must mention that you seem to be (as these pictures show) a cat of many faces, and all of them are adorable even the ever so scarey *don't you dare* face. My favorite has to be the one where we can see those big, innocent saucer eyes. You could melt a snowman with those.

ramanth
03-17-2005, 11:19 AM
Oh Cammie, you are adorable. Happy Gotcha day to you. :D

AlleyCat
03-17-2005, 11:32 AM
Loved that Gotcha story! It's when you know you and your furkid are destined to be together!

catmandu
03-17-2005, 12:10 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/catphotos284.jpgShe is so very close,in coloring,to RB Ms Pouncer Cat,and has a lot of Tortie Tude,as well!

catmandu
03-17-2005, 12:13 PM
I thought,than I downsized that one OOOPS! http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/catphotos284.jpg

QueenScoopalot
03-17-2005, 12:48 PM
Oh Cammie...I'm so happy you finally got that meowmie's attention and insisted on going home with her, and you daddy. Such a pretty girl, I can't see what's not to love about you. :) Happy Gotcha Day!!!

kuhio98
03-17-2005, 01:00 PM
Thanks guys. Cammie definitely has tons of tortitude!
The photos of her looking sweet and innocent were either taken by my husband or by me when she was near my husband. She absolutely worships her Dadcat.

The "I'll kill you if you touch me" look is reserved for me. Once she adopted us, she decided that Dadcat was her one and only and I am barely tolerated. :rolleyes: All that goes out the window (of course) if Dadcat isn't home and she's scared. All of a sudden, I become acceptable. :rolleyes: I've had cats all my life and Cammie is the only cat I've ever known to stop purring if I touch her! She's my first tortie (not sure if that has anything to do with it)

We have never heard her meow in 2 years. She squeaks. We think she must have had kittens at some point because she is very maternal and gets concerned if Halo or Pepper give a distressed meow (usually, when Pepper his beating up on Halo).

She was found at a lodge in Denali National Park. She was hanging around the laundry room and was being fed by the workers there. They believe that she was either lost or abandoned by a seasonal worker. When the lodge closed down for the winter, Cammie was left to fend for herself. :( To this day, she prefers people food over cat food and hates the sound of the washer and dryer.

We found out that she was an older girl when we took her to our vet. We had grown quite concerned that she didn't run and play like Halo (who was supposedly the same age). Our vet checked her teeth and eyes and estimated her to be at least 10 years old and possibly 13. Now her 20-hour a day naps made more sense. No wonder she had no interest in playing with Halo.

Cammie is a lady of many mysteries. We'll never know how many lives she led before she adopted us. And maybe, that's the way it's supposed to be. :D We may not have a long time together, but we'll sure have a good time. :D

rg_girlca
03-17-2005, 04:03 PM
Oh Cammie, you just never gave up did you girl and boy it finally paid off.:D You're in your new forever home with very loving people and siblings.

Happy Gotcha Day sweetheart and here's to many, many, many more Gotcha days to come.:)

Soapets
03-17-2005, 09:36 PM
What a touching story! Cammie, you must have done a very good job in picking out your Momcat and Dadcat. It's a good thing you were persistent, because it sounds like they weren't very easy to get the message across to, were they?! Are they STILL like that sometimes? Do you ever have any trouble getting through to them now? Sometimes us hoomans can be pretty dense, can't we?!:D

NoahsMommy
03-17-2005, 09:43 PM
Cammie,
Hearing that you were abandoned in the mountains in the winter made tears come to my eyes. Reading how hard you tried to get your hoomans to notice you brought more.

You sound like a very special girl. Torties are distinct kitties...their tortitude is fun and sassy.

Our tortie, Noel is a "daddy's girl" as well. ;)

Happy Gotcha Day!!