PDA

View Full Version : pregnant

moggy
03-16-2005, 03:51 PM
hiya my cat got preggers @ the begining of jan sheis very fat and very round she is starting 2 b very unsettled and starting to rip fur out from around her nipples and her thingy bits and she is all so acting very strange 2 what she did b4 she got preggers does this meen she is ready 2 give birth and if so how long will it b any info wud b grate full thanx ever so much fiona :) :)

kimlovescats
03-16-2005, 03:54 PM
Cats are usually only pregnant for about 63 days.... if she got pregnant the first of January, then YES, she is soon to deliver. Please fix a nice warm box with a clean towel INDOORS for her ... somewhere in a quiet place!!!

NoahsMommy
03-16-2005, 03:58 PM
I would also call your vet to let them know she's going to deliver and see if they have any advice for you.

:)

catmandu
03-16-2005, 05:12 PM
If this happened In January,she must be,about due.Try,to cntain her,to one room,and have a place,where she can hide,and hide,the Kittens,when they come.Make sure,please,that it is a quiet,out of the way room,so she can relax.Good Luck,and keep,us posted.

Samantha Puppy
03-16-2005, 05:35 PM
Follow the advice of these people.

Also, your post was very difficult to read... maybe next time you post you could use full words instead of 'b' and numbers? People here are older, we can't read that stuff easily. :)

sandragonfly
03-16-2005, 06:38 PM
hi fiona,

I just took take care of the queen (a preg mother) for my work, we found her preg in first week of january and since we waited too long (she was a week overdue), we had to schedule c-section for her on feb 18th if she doesn't give a birth to kittens. but five kittens were born on the 16 of february. (whew!)

fiona, your mother cat, the babies could be dead inside by now..get it check asap -- better than sorry.

moggy
03-17-2005, 07:11 AM
moggy is now not eating and has started to get really bad poos she seems very distant i am going to make an apointment at the vets to see if all is well i will keep you all posted

they are defantly not dead as they are moving around

moggy
03-17-2005, 10:59 AM
phoned the vets they cant get her in till tomorrow

she went missing on the 10th of jan and came back on thw 14th of jan so she got pregnant some time in that time

i havent got a clue how long they are pregnant for or what i need to do when she has her babbie

what do i do if some thing goes wrong

and plus she has not eaten all day she gots the poos and she keeps cleaning her rudes ( as my daughter calls it )
and she gone in her cupbord where there is towels and food

i am stuck as to what to do

thanx every one that as answerd me its been a good help

:) :D :)

ps if she has her kittens i will post a pic

kimlovescats
03-17-2005, 11:12 AM
Sounds like she is about to deliver! THey quit eating, start cleaning themselves alot, and hide out! Be ready for babies, and good luck!;)

ramanth
03-17-2005, 11:15 AM
No advice, but I wish you luck. :)

IRescue452
03-17-2005, 11:56 AM
Don't often recommend driving a cat about to give birth to the vets as this can be very stressful. I'd be surprised if the vet says to bring her over. Just keep an eye on her in case she has any problems. Cats are pretty self sufficient and I wouldn't be surprised if you missed the birth all together. Our farm cats would go wherever a person couldn't fit to give birth. Good luck with the new kittens. PS: they grow fast so I'm sure everybody expects pictures galore;)

moggy
03-18-2005, 02:57 PM
phoned the vets as i was told by many people not to take her vets

so i decied not to she is still the same but is now eating agian
still she found her own little corner and she keeps going back there

as soon as she has her little 1s i will post a photo

i would like to say thanx to every 1 that left me some advice :) :) :) :) :) :)

moggy
03-20-2005, 12:36 PM
here is moggy my little cutie pie

dont u think so?

Maya & Inka's mommy
03-20-2005, 12:43 PM
Awwwwwww, she is to cute!! Good luck with giving birth, Moggy!!

Don't leave her alone, she might need your help!

kimlovescats
03-20-2005, 12:55 PM
She is beautiful ... still no kittens yet? I"m surprised!:eek:

catmandu
03-20-2005, 01:03 PM
Good Luck,with the Kittens.I may,be in the same boat,with Scrappy 2,but it is too early,to tell.And please try,to confine,her,to one room,as you dont want her having,the Kittens,in an unsafe place.Good Luck,and she,ia a Beauty.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/catphotos164.jpg

moggy
03-20-2005, 01:03 PM
not as suprised as me this is the first litter i have had and cant wait

her tummy is rock hard now and keeps going big then small so not sure if any thing going on there

moosmom
03-20-2005, 01:12 PM
Moggy,

When birth is impending, the cat will get VERY restless and not eat as much. I took in a pregnant female in mid February. 2 weeks later she had 4 babies!!

It usually takes up to 10 hours for all the babies to be delivered. Just be there for her and let her do the work. Cats are very instinctive and know how to bite the chord, eat the placenta and clean their babies. (know it sounds gross, but they eat it so as not to leave any traces for a predator when out in the wild). The only thing you might have to help her with is if the babies are breech (feet first). If that happens, you'll need to gently grab hold of the baby (use a towel as the baby will be slippery), wait till she pushes and gently pull, guiding the kitten out. Then just let her do what she does best.

Good luck! You are about to witness the most amazing experience of your life!!

krazyaboutkatz
03-20-2005, 03:37 PM
She's gorgeous and I hope that everything goes well with the births of her babies.:) You've been given some great advice here. Please keep us updated and I can't wait to see kitten pictures.:)

sandragonfly
03-20-2005, 04:39 PM
I'm sorry moggy, to bother you again but it has been almost four weeks more than 63-65 days!
maybe I should try again..

I, as a worried vet assistant think you should bring her to vet. (I understand your point, Irescue452 about driving) but it would not kill her. what if she has to go to vet anyway? "bad poops", "quit eating" a w h i l e ago and it has been too long are my concerns.

yes moggy, they may be moving inside but maybe 1, 2 or 3 are not out of several (in picture looking so big). I understand if driving to vet, have white coats checking your little poor moggy may be expensive but would you at least please call your local vet and ask for advice (again if you did) like noahsmommy said! some vets are better than others. (I work with 17 vets, various opinions) :eek:

hopefully she's perfectly healthy and don't miss that once miracle, looking forward to pictures and superb luck to you!

IRescue452
03-20-2005, 07:38 PM
I agree that you should take her in now that its getting beyond the normal amount of time. Are you sure it was the 1st of January? BTW, I really love the pawprint siggie.

QueenScoopalot
03-20-2005, 10:02 PM
Originally posted by IRescue452
I agree that you should take her in now that its getting beyond the normal amount of time. Are you sure it was the 1st of January? BTW, I really love the pawprint siggie.
The date Moggie got outside was Jan. 11, and she returned home on the 14th. Assuming she was impregnated by around the 13 of Jan. the 16th of March makes roughly 63 days. She should have had them, but a few days late isn't too off the charts yet! ;) Three to four days late by my estimates.;) Gorgeous girl...and hope she'll be spayed after this litter. ;)

luckies4me
03-21-2005, 01:17 AM
I was there for all of my births and each time my cats were late. ;)

moggy
03-24-2005, 11:54 AM
went to the vets if she has not had them by firday then we are to take her back and they will do a c section

i thought thats a bit harsh she seems to be fine now

i know the date was defently the 1oth of jan she got out so yes my dates are right

i will post pics as soon as

catmandu
03-24-2005, 01:24 PM
We are praying,for those Little Ones,to arrive safely,and be the Healthy Creatures,that the Lord intended ,for them,to be.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/catphotos418.jpg

Ragnar is praying,for the Kittens,TOO!

moggy
03-31-2005, 06:41 AM
moggy went to the vets they said to leave her as she seemed well and all was moving so to see how she went on

got up this morning and she was just pushing her first kitten out

feet first so my husband had to pull as she pused and she pushed 3 more little 1s in to the world 3 black and white and 1 giner

she lookslike she still has more in there as she is still fat and her belly is still hard and im sure i can feel movement will keep u all posted and as soon as shes up and eating i will take some picks

i am so happy my little baby has had babys of ehr own

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :

kimlovescats
03-31-2005, 07:15 AM
How exciting, wishing the new mom good luck with any that are left!;)

moggy
03-31-2005, 08:07 AM
she has not got any more she been eating and has laid back and feeding her babies

here are the picks

moggy
03-31-2005, 08:08 AM
heres no 1

moggy
03-31-2005, 08:08 AM
no 2

moggy
03-31-2005, 08:09 AM
no 3

moggy
03-31-2005, 08:10 AM
no 4

moggy
03-31-2005, 08:11 AM
the mummy her self she done so well and shes a little cutie to i love her so much

moosmom
03-31-2005, 08:15 AM
Congratulations! When Mattie Grace had her babies, I figured she was done at 3, cuz she got up and ate. She laid back down and BOOM!! Out came #4. It's normal for her belly to be a little large and hard. Afterall, she had 4 babies stuffed in there!! It'll contract back to normal.

You're going to love watching them grow!! Glad they're all healthy and Mom is okay.

sandragonfly
04-01-2005, 03:43 PM
:) good luck, moggy.

Abby&Buddy'sMom
04-01-2005, 04:07 PM
i as well as anyone here loves new babies:) but please ...spay her as soon as your vets says it is safe to do so:) ...btw..keep on posting pics of the sweeties,they are mighty cute:) thank you:)

catmandu
04-01-2005, 04:15 PM
What sweet Little Bundles,of Fur,and Fun,they are,and I pray,that you can get all.of them Furr Ever Homes!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/catphotos854.jpg

Mr Scrappy Angel prays ,for Mom Cat,and Kittens!

rg_girlca
04-01-2005, 11:04 PM
Congratulations mama on your adorable itty bitty little ones.:D

manda_moo87
04-01-2005, 11:23 PM
Congrats, what beautiful little babies... :)

moggy
04-05-2005, 07:36 AM
some sad news moggy lost one of her kittens on sat night i was so upset and didnt know what to do i was told be the vet that these things happen and that its not rear at all for it to happen didnt make me feel any better tho

kimlovescats
04-05-2005, 09:30 AM
I'm so very sorry to hear about the loss of one of the kittens. :(

sandragonfly
04-05-2005, 12:57 PM
moggy, I'm so sorry.

I understand how you feel. no, not anything will make you feel better because the little innocence heart won't come back. I had the queen given birth to five, the fourth didn't make it after her 10th day and she was the only girl out of boys! myself, STILL haven't feel any better. even though it's very common like the elders has to die because of aging. so...needless to say, "you'll get over with it with time"...bah.

take care moggy! again, so sorry.