PDA

View Full Version : Willing to do illegal things for this cat!

sirrahved
03-16-2005, 03:08 PM
Hello everyone! I'm putting this in the dog house because I belong there for even considering it!

There is a cat at ACC that I have been enamored with for about a month! He's beautiful! I've called the office of our apartments and they said there is nothing I can do LEGALLY *wink wink nudge nudge* but she did all but tell me to lie and get this cat!

I could never just lie to get this cat... could I? I mean, he will most likely go to a loving home and be cared for for 20 long and glorious years... or get adopted by people who think it's fine to let their cat rome outside and kick him when he's asking for lovings! *grrr*

Anyhow, I can understand the reasons (I've seen psycho cat people have 50 or more, not take care of them, not neuter them, and let rotting animals sit all over their house!) but it seems like the apartment should at least be able to evaluate my situation.

*whimpers*

Anyone want to adopt a cat for a few months till I move:)
Check him out here! (http://www.petharbor.com/get_image.asp?RES=Detail&ID=A000550&LOCATION=FTWY)

Corinna
03-16-2005, 03:18 PM
Sounds like you need to plan with Deb on this one.

ramanth
03-16-2005, 03:40 PM
He's beautiful. Thing is... is the office manager willing to LIE for YOU?

Our local shelters have a list of apartments and will not adopt out if there are restrictions. I tried to get a second dog but the apartment I was at said only one dog per unit. When I insisted, the shelter called and the office manager confirmed it, so no second dog for me. :(

Either way.... good luck. :)

RedHedd
03-16-2005, 03:45 PM
Hmm .... sounds to me like the apartment manager is gently encouraging you to lie .... We have a "don't ask, don't tell" policy about cats in our building. No one is supposed to have ANY pets and yet everyone has at least one cat. Our building manager has two; we just don't tell the landlord and when the landlord visits everyone takes turns hiding the cats. I'm sure you'll figure something out and if it's meant to be, it will fall into place seamlessly.

Pit Chick
03-16-2005, 04:11 PM
If it only for a few months and you're moving and the apartment people are "looking the other way" on this, then I say go for it. You'll be saving a life and I would lie to do that and lying is not something I like to do.

Uabassoon
03-16-2005, 04:13 PM
According to my landlord I only have 1 cat :D I've been here for two years now, with my 1 cat :)

moosmom
03-16-2005, 07:01 PM
Do it Deb!!!

DO IT!!!!!!

joycenalex
03-16-2005, 09:29 PM
I could never just lie to get this cat... could I?
my feeling is this, if the landlord directly asks you "do you have a white cat living in your apartment, you should tell the truth. if no one asks, don't tell ( have i heard that phrase before?:p )

NoahsMommy
03-16-2005, 10:48 PM
Uh...yea. My complex doesn't know we have any animals...I have EIGHT indoor cats.

When they come to fix things, we hide the cats. ;)

Do it!

wolfsoul
03-17-2005, 02:30 PM
He looks like a short-haired version of Caleb. :D I say take him. They'll never know... ;)