PDA

View Full Version : Thursday #98- Thorn Thursday.

RICHARD
03-16-2005, 01:49 PM
Well,
It's another Thursday and I am starting the thread now because I will have to depend on the kindness of the patrons to run the bar tomorrow.

I am super busy and will stop in for consultations, advice, confessions and some jokes.

(I really hate work....)

We have an open bar today.....I'll put on the cafe', and turn you all loose in the kitchen.....

Doesn't lasagna, french bread and a salad sound good???+

DONE!:D

P.S.

They fired my "not here" boss and now we are playing Musical Offices.....I have to move!!!:(

PJ's Mom
03-16-2005, 01:54 PM
Hello everyone. :)

I leave for Vegas tomorrow, but I wanted to stop in and wish you all a happy Thursday. :)

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
03-16-2005, 01:57 PM
Wow, Richard, I can't believe somebody finally realized your boss was never there - besides you that is! So why are you moving offices, does this mean you're the boss now? :eek: :eek: Good luck with the move. Make sure and position your desk so people entering your office can't see the computer screen. :D

I've got a real busy day today and tomorrow too. And I thought things were going to calm down this week - what in the world was I thinking? :rolleyes: So I'll just take another "usual" (coke over ice in a Mcd's cup) for now. And back to work for me!

Hope everyone is having a great Thursday eve! :D

slick
03-16-2005, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by RICHARD
They fired my "not here" boss and now we are playing Musical Offices.....I have to move!!!:(
Do you at least get a window seat???

Just stopping in for a minute as well. It must be something in the air because my work is busy too! A slushy to go please.

PJ: Enclosed is a toonie for the slots. Enjoy.

Lacey
03-16-2005, 02:06 PM
Thorn Thursday, huh? I've got a prickly feeling that's because moving offices is gonna be a real thorn in your side. :p

Well, since it's an open bar, I'll just snag some of that lasagna and french bread and salad, and three catnip teas. Mmmmm! That's some good lasagna!

lbaker
03-16-2005, 02:09 PM
Our immediate supervisor (great guy.. perfect buffer between the big a$$'s at the top and us) had his last day last Friday. Now it's just us four, which is great but we now have to share his responsibilities - without sharing his pay of course. Oh well, at least I get paid overtime for the weekends and evenings I work. Thorny Thursday huh.. oh nevermind, it's too early in the week to start with the smutty comments :o Lasagna with LOTS of riccota cheese, chewy warm french bread and a crisp salad with avocados and oil and vinager dressing...... mmmmm GUD! I know it's supposed to be red wine with that but I'm still partial to white - I know, no couth what-so-ever :rolleyes: I guess a very large pot of catnip tea is in order too.. several CNT drinkers today :cool:

RedHedd
03-16-2005, 02:54 PM
Well, in honor of Erin-Go-Brah (or is that braless? :rolleyes: ) St. Patrick's Day Eve, let's put some corned beef and cabbage to simmer on the stove; we'll throw in the red potatoes a little bit later. Gotta find some green dye for the beer ... perhaps if we look in the L&F .... Mario, can you help me?

catland
03-16-2005, 03:05 PM
We get the place to ourselves? I think we can behave for the day - Mario - get away from that green food coloring - its for the beer for tomorrow.:eek:

Corinna
03-16-2005, 03:24 PM
I need a hug Mario. How is it Richard you seen to know when to title things right. I need a rum and coke (diet) How is it that you think you have things worked out from child hood only to 25 years later have it bite you in the butt again ,. I thought it was over and i didn't care any more but now its got me crying again. Some people are so mesan and cruel.
I'm so glad i have you guys here in the bar.

OMG that lasangna is great!!!!! oops where id Garfeild, be on the look out.
Oh geezz is it the 16th man its my 26th wedding annaveriy tomorrow I haven't gotten any thing or made anything yet. Bad me

davidpizzica
03-16-2005, 03:33 PM
Oh, does that corn beef and cabbage smell GOOD! I think I'll get myself some and a lime diet coke and two catnip teas for the girls. I have to fortify myself for my first day back to work! YAY!

Pit Chick
03-16-2005, 04:23 PM
Ok, everyone I have some terrible news, you might want to sit down for this one......My job is giving me my regular hours back, which means I'll have to quit working at the Pit Bull rescue. :( :( I knew this day would come, but I wasn't expecting it so soon.

Since it's open bar I'll help myself to the bottle of Crown.

RICHARD
03-16-2005, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by Pit Chick

Since it's open bar I'll help myself to the bottle of Crown.

My queen.....

I think I am going to mix up a batch of slushies......

anyone????

DONE!

Pit Chick
03-16-2005, 05:03 PM
I wonder what a Crown and Cherry Coke slushy would taste like.

RICHARD
03-16-2005, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by Pit Chick
I wonder what a Crown and Cherry Coke slushy would taste like.

lololol,

Guess what I am doing this weekend???

Corrina,
I have my finger on the 'pulse' of the planet!:rolleyes:

I have a vat of catnip tea for the kitties...

DONE!!!

dukedogsmom
03-16-2005, 05:48 PM
Originally posted by Corinna
OMG that lasangna is great!!!!! oops where id Garfeild, be on the look out.
Here he is after finishing some. Hope everyone got what they wanted.
http://adorocinema.cidadeinternet.com.br/filmes/garfield/garfield-poster05.jpg
A slushie sounds great.

slick
03-16-2005, 05:55 PM
I think I am going to mix up a batch of slushies......
anyone????
Richard, I'd love an afternoon slushy; a green one please. Thanks. Now, back to work.

BTW don't forget to plug the PC in after the move. Here's what happened when we moved back to this office...

**ring ring**
Vickie here, can I help you?

Hey Slick, my PC is not working.

Well, do you get an error message?

No, it just won't boot up.

OK, why don't you try to reboot it first and we'll take it from there.

I can't, I've got a black screen and when I try to push the on button, nothing happens.

OK, let's check the outlet in the wall. Unplug the cord and plug it back in so it's tight and try it again.

Oh......I guess that's the problem.....the cord has to be plugged in to the wall???

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Edwina's Secretary
03-16-2005, 06:34 PM
Hey....what kinda bar is this...St. Paddy's day and you are serving Lasagna????????

Why in Chicago....where they even dye the river green.....this would be unheard of.......:rolleyes: :eek: :confused: :confused:

mutter....mutter.....mutter.....

momoffuzzyfaces
03-16-2005, 06:44 PM
Happy Saint Pat's Day ya all!

Just popped out of bed to get some supper and say HI!
I managed to do something weird to my back yesterday. I already have bad arthritis in it but managed to pull or twist something. I've been on bed rest since. Might as well since I can't do anything else. I'm finally able to stand and walk better. Can't sit for long though or I won't be able to get up.

I could hardly even pull up my drawers yesterday!

My cats are taking good care of me. Leonardo snuggles with me and even allowed me to pet his tummy. What a guy.
I'll take some cat nip tea for them. And Lasagna and french bread sounds great. As long as I don't have to cook.
Oh and a cherry vanilla coke!

See ya, when I can.
Mario, are you dressing up like a leprican again?
;)

dukedogsmom
03-16-2005, 06:51 PM
Sorry to hear about your back, MOFF. Could this be Mario?
http://www.houseoftheorangemonkey.co.uk/monkey/hats/images/leprechaun.jpg

slick
03-17-2005, 08:14 AM
HAPPY ST. PADDY'S DAY EVERYONE!

I know it's early here so I guess I'll tiptoe into the kitchen and put on some fresh coffee. Where are those East Coast peeps?? Oh my, did I say peeps?? Fresh, stale or mature, you guys and keep those things. Yuck!!

It will be another busy day today so will check in when I can. Connie, so sorry about your back. Take a good long rest today too. We'll be here keeping the home fires burning.

Lacey
03-17-2005, 09:27 AM
Peeps? Blech! Give me the Cadbury Eggs anyday!

In the meantime, I'll just fix up 3 more catnip teas, and a Dr. Pepper, and a plate of some of that yummy corned beef!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
03-17-2005, 10:05 AM
I think I'll join Lacey in having some tea, but make it green tea for me please. Then later on I believe I'll have a green slushie. No green beer for me thanks, or I'll be the one that's green as I pray to the porcelain god. :rolleyes: ;) :D

gini
03-17-2005, 10:44 AM
Morning, Morning, Morning everyone! Just a tad early for lasagna made with green spinach noodles and a slushie, so I'll come back later on for a helping.

I brought some shamrock cookies for everyone - here, I'll put the platter on the bar - help yourselves.

Richard, excellent news that your never-there boss is now permanently never there. I hope the move includes a better office with a window to the world as you look down on Sunset Blvd.

May all of your days now be filled with the luck of shamrocks!

I'm off to slay the dragons today - I can hear them snipping at the door already.

RICHARD
03-17-2005, 12:09 PM
Hi everyone.

Just checking in and want to wish everyone a safe and happy....
I dread these 'holidays'..too many people drinking on the roads.
Oh well...

I have to start packing and I am moving into an office with two guys.

One of them I see in the hallway everyday for the last 5 years.

You say good morning to him and he looks at you like you have a
disease.....He's a miserable bees turd.

Look like I'll have to bug the crap outta him with my wit and good nature.....:rolleyes:

DONE!!

Hope that everyone's day is good and thanks to everyone who is pitching in while I "WORK"..

And apologies to Edwina's Sec......

I forgot that it was SP'sD.....corned beef...DONE!

Corinna
03-17-2005, 12:10 PM
Good morning to you all . I feel so special today my hubby ordered snow for our anniversery. And man did we get it 12" since 1 AM I took some pics will post them on another thread.
I also have resolved my problem from yesterday. After 28 years its good to cleanse a problem from you.
I'll have a diet coke with lime please. Maybe some green eggs and ham. :)

Logan
03-17-2005, 01:27 PM
Happy Anniversary, Corinna!!! :)

Richard, I will take whatever you're offering that is not brown liquor or red wine. LOL!!!

No coconut either, please!!

Green beer? I can probably handle it if that is all that is available, but regular beer will be just fine for me.

It has been a good Thursday for me, so far, thank goodness. I have work to do, and lots of deals to look at! :)

Have a great day, everyone!

Logan

davidpizzica
03-17-2005, 01:52 PM
Hi, everyone! I made it through my first day back at work. Muscles I didn't know I had are aching! BTW, happy anniversary to you, Corinna. I'll rustle myself up a plate of corn beef and cabbage and a lime diet coke.My two girls could use a couple of catnip teas! What a day!!

slick
03-17-2005, 02:41 PM
Just taking a bit of a lunch break. I guess Richard is in the middle of his office move by now. Sharing an office with two guys? Better warn them about his occasional Pet Talk laughter outbursts.:D Phoned home and my Mom left me a message to remind me of the special day and that my Grandfather was as Irish as they come. No wonder I like a nip now and then??

David, ain't life grand? Back in the saddle again, as they say. Here's your DLC and you can help yourself to the grub over by the bar.

Corinna, you can keep the snow, thank you very much. Happy Anniversary. DLC DONE! Don't know how to make green eggs...but sometimes eggs make me green...

Logan, green beer, DONE!

Debbie, green tea, DONE!

Gini, YOU BAKE???? :eek: :D Is there no end to your talents??

Lacey, 3 CNT'S and Dr. Pepper, DONE! Follow David to the grub.

Missing in action: Laurie. Where are you?

Corinna
03-17-2005, 03:51 PM
Hey thats a good question I haven't see Laurie yet today.

gini
03-17-2005, 04:24 PM
I think Mizz Laurie has been called away to cater to some big wigs from across the pond................training sessions etc.

But look, just because she isn't here doesn't mean that we can drink her share.

Be sure to save her some slushies and food..o.k.

(yeah, I know, what a bore!)

momoffuzzyfaces
03-17-2005, 04:31 PM
Hi, everyone!
I'm awol from bed for a bit. I have to get UP!
Just sneaking in to get 4 more catnip teas for my fuzzy nurses. AH, if they could only cook!
I'll snitch a cherry vanilla coke too.
Ta!
:D

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
03-17-2005, 05:04 PM
One more green slushie for me for the road.

What a day! :rolleyes:

RICHARD
03-17-2005, 06:07 PM
Originally posted by Tubby & Peanut's Mom

What a day! :rolleyes:
NO KIDDING!~

I just found out that my back will be to the door and anyone walking by will be able to see my comp screen....

Can you say Boo HOO???

I want to leave early and buy some booze but I carpooled today and have to wait another hour and a half.

I need a drink....DONE!!!!

slick
03-17-2005, 06:12 PM
Richard, get yourself a little rear-view mirror and attach it to the monitor. That way you can see people coming in. That's what our receptionist has and it works like a charm. If you are asked about it, you can make up something about "faster customer service by acknowledging people right away"....you know...all that crap. :rolleyes:

RICHARD
03-17-2005, 06:14 PM
Originally posted by slick
Richard, get yourself a little rear-view mirror and attach it to the monitor. That way you can see people coming in. That's what our receptionist has and it works like a charm. If you are asked about it, you can make up something about "faster customer service by acknowledging people right away"....you know...all that crap. :rolleyes:

I wish, There are two other people in the office.....

And you just have to pass the door and there I am.....the only saving grace is that they leave at three thirty.....

Tequila or bourbon???

gini
03-17-2005, 06:19 PM
Does the term "Poor Richard" sound about right - right now?

Tequila Richard?

DONE!

slick
03-17-2005, 06:21 PM
Originally posted by RICHARD
Tequila or bourbon???:D
Take your pick. DONE!

Only an hour and a half Pet Talk time a day....please accept my condolances.

Since you are here, I'll take a green slushie please. Thanks.

gini
03-17-2005, 06:30 PM
This seems appropriate to share with everyone today. We Thursdays people need all of the blessings we can get!

IRISH BLESSING

May the road rise up

to meet you,

May the winds be always

at your back,

May the sun shine warm

upon your face,

the rains fall soft

upon your fields.

And until we meet again,

May God hold you in the

hollow of His hand.

Corinna
03-17-2005, 06:52 PM
Oh Richard how awful for all of us.

dukedogsmom
03-18-2005, 09:27 AM
Bumping this up for the million post party! What are we drinking today to celebrate? Since this is the internet, I'll be drinking one of my favorite drinks from my early 20's which is a Kamikaze.

1 oz vodka
1 oz triple sec
1 oz lime juice
Shake all ingredients with ice, strain into an old-fashioned glass over ice cubes, and serve.
I haven't had one of those in years and years. Congrats PT!

Killearn Kitties
03-18-2005, 10:30 AM
Good idea! Let's celebrate. I'll have one of them, Val!

Corinna
03-18-2005, 12:37 PM
Well I finally made it we are snowing again. I'll take a hot buttered rum please . Any good movies here to day?

slick
03-18-2005, 06:54 PM
**plunks down on couch**
**sigh** Ever have one of those days where you have a billion things to do but you just can't concentrate? I've had things on my mind all day and although I tried, I have not accomplished as much as I should have....too many people and pets to worry about.

When times are tough..
And friends are few..
Dick's Place will always welcome you!

I'm just going to sit down by the fire and enjoy the flames.

RICHARD
03-18-2005, 07:11 PM
only 999,902 to go for our millionth Thursday.
I am way tired and and am going home now...
I'll stop in over the weekend....

Love you all~~~

Richard.

dukedogsmom
03-18-2005, 07:33 PM
I'm in a super good mood. It's Friday and payday. We've got our 1 million posts and working on getting some shirts to wear because of it! I've also got my new sig. I had the idea at work. I found the pics there and emailed them to myself. I just finished. I know it's not fancy but I didn't want it to be. Drinks for everyone!

lbaker
03-19-2005, 06:59 AM
Val I just LOVE it! Yeah guys, it's me checking in. I only missed the congrats 1 kazillion post party in physical being, not in spirit. Out of the darkness I always see a light on at Dicks Place, my very own Thursdays :cool: Way cool. Allow me to put another log on the fire Slick. Baby, you are the greatest!

dukedogsmom
03-19-2005, 07:12 AM
Good morning everyone. It actually got kind of chilly here last night so that fire feels wonderful. We had had the air conditioning on. Well, I wake up this morning and it's 63 degrees. No wonder I was cold! I've brought the fancy coffee machine so I can make cappucinos, lattes or espressos for anyone that wants. I'm having a peppermint vanilla latte. They are so good.

Josh4Colts
03-19-2005, 08:54 AM
richard, could you hook me up with a Dr. P?

KYS
03-19-2005, 10:02 AM
Ok! I know I am a little late,
so since it is an open bar I can serve myself.

Richard I hope all went well for you at work.
Have a great weekend everyone.
And Happy 100,000,

davidpizzica
03-19-2005, 03:46 PM
Originally posted by Josh4Colts
richard, could you hook me up with a Dr. P? Josh4Colts, I'm standing in for RICHARD. I'm david p. One Dr. P coming right up!