PDA

View Full Version : Texas meeting

countrycowgirl
03-15-2005, 11:40 PM
I am wondering if we are going to have a texas meeting this year...if so where? I would LOVE to come to one. I know there have been some in the past that I missed just can't remember when so I am not sure if everyone would like to have another one this year but so far the weather has been great for a meeting :D so what do you guys think?

aly
03-17-2005, 10:23 AM
I'm up for one! Doing it before it gets too hot would be good.

Now the ever-present question is do we have it in the Houston, Austin, or Dallas area?

countrycowgirl
03-20-2005, 01:50 PM
come on I know that there is more of you guys out there:D .... I know that ya'll usaully have it in austin so it is up to you guys ....Houston would defently be better for me but I was talking to my mom the other day and she said well Austin isn't really that far so you never know but it is had for me to plan something sometimes cause I never know what will be going on with my dad but we go to Houston alot and I think we have a few pters that live there but either place is fine:D ...sometime in April would be nice maybe may April 22 is my birthday:D that is on a friday we could have it the next saturday lol;) or may would be nice just what ever you guys think:)

Pit Chick
03-21-2005, 02:15 PM
Saturdays are out for me, I do adoptions all day every Saturday.

aly
03-21-2005, 04:39 PM
Well we've had 2 in Austin so far and 3 in Dallas. I can make it to any city pretty easily. I have adoption days at Petsmart and shelter stuff on the weekends too, but I can usually make it at least one day of the weekend if I know in advance.

Pit Chick - what city do you live in?

Pit Chick
03-21-2005, 04:43 PM
H-Town!!

(houston) :D

aly
03-21-2005, 06:23 PM
Cool.. which rescue group do you work with?

Looks like a Houston meeting is probably due. I know Parnone lives there too.

Pit Chick
03-22-2005, 01:54 PM
I mainly volunteer/foster with the Homeless Pet Placement League, but lately I've been working with Spindletop Pit Bull Refuge too.

aly
03-22-2005, 05:28 PM
Originally posted by Pit Chick
I mainly volunteer/foster with the Homeless Pet Placement League, but lately I've been working with Spindletop Pit Bull Refuge too.

Cool... do you have one of those pitgirls.com shirts? Hehe. I'm very familiar with that group.

Pit Chick
03-23-2005, 03:37 PM
No, but I do have one that says "blame the deed, not the breed" and another that says "don't believe the bull, adopt a Pit Bull", they both have pics of Pits on them. :cool: I got them from PBRC.net

countrycowgirl
03-29-2005, 11:49 AM
wow haven't been to check tis thread in a while .....that would be awsome if we could have a houstin meeting! :D ....also I am bumping this up for others to see!:D ....

countrycowgirl
04-01-2005, 08:38 PM
~bump!~

finn's mom
04-15-2005, 12:42 PM
I'd for sure be there if I were still in Texas! :( I'm in South Carolina, now, though! Have a good time if you guys are able to get together!

countrycowgirl
04-20-2005, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by finn's mom
I'd for sure be there if I were still in Texas! :( I'm in South Carolina, now, though! Have a good time if you guys are able to get together!

I wish you could come!:(

come on guys I know that there are more texans out there!!. :D

ParNone
05-09-2005, 05:00 PM
Hey I was reading in DogFancy today, that they chose "Millie Bush Dog Park" in Houston as the number 1 dog park in the country. It has 15 acres and 3 man-made ponds.

Par...

aly
05-14-2005, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by ParNone
Hey I was reading in DogFancy today, that they chose "Millie Bush Dog Park" in Houston as the number 1 dog park in the country. It has 15 acres and 3 man-made ponds.

Par...

I just read that in the waiting room at Reece's eye doctor! I went to their website and it looks awesome. I'm dying to go!!! Check out the pictures on the site if you have time...

http://houstondogpark.com/

(I guess some of the pics are from other Houston dog parks, but most are from Millie Bush)

aly
06-02-2005, 10:44 AM
Bumping this up since our LESLIE will be living in Texas now :D

Kari, I totally don't know how I missed that you moved :( :( Wish you were still here.

finn's mom
06-02-2005, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by aly
Bumping this up since our LESLIE will be living in Texas now :D

Kari, I totally don't know how I missed that you moved :( :( Wish you were still here.

I'll be visiting Texas hopefully every couple of months! And, who knows where I'll end up? But, yeah, for now, I'm back home in South Carolina! It's all right, you've got a full life with all of your pets and fosters, I can't believe you notice anything on the computer! ;) I'd be forgetting my own head half the time.

lvpets2002
06-15-2005, 11:34 AM
Hey I am new on here & was wanting help on is there a Tx meeting or has it already happened. I am in the Dallas area & would like to go.. :)

aly
06-15-2005, 12:05 PM
Originally posted by lvpets2002
Hey I am new on here & was wanting help on is there a Tx meeting or has it already happened. I am in the Dallas area & would like to go.. :)

Hi! We haven't had this one yet. I'll definately PM you if we start to get one organized.

All the ones we've had in the past have been so fun! :)

lvpets2002
06-15-2005, 03:01 PM
Hi Alyson

Yes please PM me on if a meeting gets together & will note to want to go for sure.

countrycowgirl
07-08-2005, 11:23 PM
Originally posted by aly
Hi! We haven't had this one yet. I'll definately PM you if we start to get one organized.

All the ones we've had in the past have been so fun! :)

I haven't checked this in a long time!..Aly I was just wondering that if ya'll do start to get one organized if you could also PM me please! :D .. I think that it would be nice to wait til it got cooler like in october maybe :)

AdoreMyDogs
07-09-2005, 04:06 PM
I would love to do a TX PT meeting. I can't do it anytime soon, as I don't start working until July 18th, so without paychecks, I can't afford to take long road trips :)

October or later would work best for me, and since I'm northern TX, Dallas would work best also, but I'll have to see how far Houston is...it sounds neat.