PDA

View Full Version : Kidnapped pet kangaroo at center of apparent love triangle

sammy101
03-15-2005, 10:05 PM
Kidnapped pet kangaroo at center of apparent love triangle

By Kevin Quinn
ABC13 Eyewitness News
(3/15/05 - HITCHCOCK, TX) — A family pet wound up in the middle of a love triangle, but we're not talking about a dog or cat here. No the animal in question is a kangaroo -- one that was kidnapped and then returned.

A seven-month-old red-hair kangaroo is glad to be home after what must have been a harrowing ordeal. The kangaroo is named Jack Roo. He went missing on January 28 from the backyard of a Hitchcock home, the apparent victim of a kangaroo-napping.

Man impersonating police officer sexually assaults teen girl
Kidnapped pet kangaroo at center of apparent love triangle
Infant born with fatal defect dies after being taken off life support
Court battle over man's life support goes to appeals court
Robber on the loose after holding up SW Houston bank
Harris County wants internet phones to have enhanced 911
Houston named one of the safest cities in the US and the world
Fire kills three sleeping children left home alone in apartment
Two suspects arrested in connection with teen's murder-for-hire

Police Sgt. John Jenkins says in his nearly 20 years as an officer in Hitchcock, he's never seen anything like it.
"In this business I don't find anything unusual any more, including kangaroo kidnappings," said Sgt. Jenkins.

Jack Roo's owner is Cory Kuebler. Police say Kuebler treats the animal just like any other pet, even feeding him from a bottle.

Kuebler lives in a League City townhome, so he keeps the animal in the yard of a friend who police say Kuebler is dating. They believe the woman's estranged husband is responsible for the kidnapping. Police say they have proof in the text messages the man sent her.

"Stating that you can consider the kangaroo dead, you'll never see it again," Sgt. Jenkins said.

We're told the kangaroo is worth about $2,000. Stealing him, police say, is a state jail felony. Police say the suspect returned the kangaroo six weeks after taking it. On March 12, the animal showed up in the same yard.

Kuebler is just glad to have Jack back.

"I'm glad to have him back more than anything," he said. "So it's hard to be mad at this point. I'm kind of happy."

Hitchcock police said Michael Gillespie turned himself in around 4pm Tuesday and is now under arrest.
(Copyright © 2005, KTRK-TV)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v485/canadiansam5127/kangaroo.bmp

http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/news/031505_local_kangaroo.html

Oggyflute
03-15-2005, 11:42 PM
Personally I don't think roo's belong in a back yard either.

RICHARD
03-16-2005, 01:29 PM
This story has me hopping mad....:p

Pit Chick
03-16-2005, 01:33 PM
If I paid that much for a kangaroo, that sucker would be sleeping in my bed, not the yard.

ramanth
03-16-2005, 02:01 PM
Happy the Roo is unharmed.