PDA

View Full Version : Natural Balance Cat Food

NoahsMommy
03-15-2005, 09:56 PM
I may be switching from my beloved canned Innova to Natural Balance canned. :eek: Shocking, I know. ;)

While I was in the hospital, we ran out of wet food. So on my way home yesturday, I stopped at Petco to get a few cans of some premium and natural food. I tried two cans of Natural Balance Ultra Formula and they LOVED it! Because the Innova is so hard to find, there's only one or two pet stores in the area that carry it. It closes at 6:00, so I haven't been able to get over there.

On my way home I bought a case and am willing to give it a try. The cat that will make the decision is Micah. If he stays well on it, we'll switch.

In comparing the labels, Natural Balance won over Innova...by a lot. There are things in the Innova I didn't realize (ground white rice as opposed to Brown Rice Flour which is MUCH healthier) were there.

Does anyone else give this to their cats? How do you like it?

catnapper
03-15-2005, 09:59 PM
I never heard of it... but then again I live in my own little Nutro world! :D

What shocks me the most of switching is..... all those cats and you can afford to feed them wet food? :eek: :eek: :eek: LOL My guys would faint to get wet food more than once every few months. :D

NoahsMommy
03-15-2005, 10:03 PM
Here's a link to the site: http://www.naturalbalanceinc.com/

They even supply many major zoos! Wow!! That says A LOT!

Kim,
Yea, my budget for cat food and supplies is honestly rediculous. But...and this is a personal decision...they deserve the best and I'm willing to go without a few things to give them that. They are so much to me and give me so much love. I mean...they are my nurses after all...I don't pay them for that. ;)

To be honest, I wouldn't serve them wet food if it weren't for Micah needing his raw diet and pills so often. His mouth is typically painful, so giving them to him that way is out of the question.

I split two cans between the 7 that will eat the wet. So a case lasts two weeks. :)

wolf_Q
03-15-2005, 11:28 PM
I haven't bought the cat food (as I don't have cats ;) ) but Nebo is on the Natural Balance dog food and he has done well on it.

The Cat Factory
03-16-2005, 12:02 AM
Both of my kitties, and Buddy have been eating Natural Balance for a few years. They all love it :)

NoahsMommy
03-16-2005, 01:11 AM
Amy and Cat Factory,

That's really great to know! Your furkids always look healthy and happy.

Thanks! :)

NoahsMommy
03-16-2005, 12:08 PM
bump :)

cruisetime
03-16-2005, 12:24 PM
I had my cats on it too as they came from the Animal COntrol I like to keep them on the best food I can to get them healthy. Only my Meka can not stay regular - diareah she gets on it. The only thing I can figure it that it has dry milk in it and she is lactose intolerant I think. I liked the ingredents too. I had them on Nutro Natural for a bag worth and that was good with them but got a bag of Nutro Max Cat and they were both sick.... Picky Picky Picky! Right now it is Purina One and they love it and stay regular but I don't like all the ingredients as it has the "by product" in it about 5 ingredients down - better than the first ingredient but still not one I want in there at all... :) :) Glad you liked it - I did too. If I can find the light version of it I might try it with them because I don't remember it having the dry milk in it... Debbie

RedHedd
03-16-2005, 12:25 PM
I had Mitzi on Natural Balance light for a while. She's my funny gal - she loved it for a while and then all of a sudden stopped eating it. I have to keep switching her diet foods, but our vet said it was good food so go for it if the kitties love it!

catmandu
03-16-2005, 02:27 PM
That doesnt ring a bell,but if its the one,that I am thinking,of Pouncer loved thier Turkey Canned Food. I buy Michael,the Techi Cal,but he isnt as crazy,for it,as he once was!

Denyce
03-16-2005, 02:46 PM
A friend of mine loves it and swears by it. However, one of her cats has chronic loose bowels and I think the food is too rich for her cat. Mine won't touch it with a ten foot pole.

NoahsMommy
03-16-2005, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by Denyce
A friend of mine loves it and swears by it. However, one of her cats has chronic loose bowels and I think the food is too rich for her cat. Mine won't touch it with a ten foot pole.
I think it is a lot richer than the Innova. They'll leave it with food in...but its always licked clean soon after. ;)

I got the Ultra this time, but think I'll get the Turkey/Chicken next time. The Ultra has a ton of different meats in it.

Felicia's Mom
03-16-2005, 03:52 PM
Beau and Felicia eat Natural Balence.

NoahsMommy
03-16-2005, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by Felicia's Mom
Beau and Felicia eat Natural Balence.
Excellent! Looking at their pictures, I'd say it agrees well with them. :)

catmandu
03-16-2005, 05:42 PM
I was thinking of a different food! Now,that I have seen Mr Van Patten,I know exactly,what that food is.Its an excellent food,and The Cats,would love,it,but it is not,in all that many places around here,and is fairly expensive.

lisalee
03-16-2005, 10:05 PM
Sash has been eating Natural Balance (dry and canned) for a long time now and he loves both! His coat is very soft and plush and his energy level is good. I think he need's the light formula in the dry food though. ;)

Maya & Inka's mommy
03-17-2005, 08:07 AM
I've never heard about that brand before, so I don't think it is available here in Belgium. My cats get Science Hills dry food, and Sheba as wet food.