PDA

View Full Version : Hope this hasen't been done before......

schteve_d
03-15-2005, 09:55 PM
I was just thinking about it after I came up with Docker's name...How did you come up with your pet's name? There must be some good stories out there!

dogs_4_me
03-15-2005, 09:58 PM
I was so excited to be getting a Golden Retriever that the night I found out I was allowed to get one I went on a baby name website and chose 100 of my favorite names and then I narrowed them down to Emma, Shannon, and Bella. I finally chose Emma :p

The lady at the pet store was calling him Moco and thought that would be a good name. She said it ment King, however we later found out that it literally mean booger:p :rolleyes: Well sometimes that name fits him very well;)

Kfamr
03-15-2005, 10:00 PM
Simba - the first dog to come to us - is named after my favorite movie, The Lion King. I absolutely love the movie and I think the names in it are wonderful.

Since Simba, we adopted the 2 girls - Nala and Kiara.

I tried thinking of different names, but I did like The Lion King theme, and now I think they fit perfectly.

My next male dog will be Mufasa, and my next female with be Sarabi - both names in the movie. :D

cali
03-15-2005, 10:03 PM
lol not to much :p Happy, it was her litter name, lol we kept it. Misty, her full name is mistletoe mischief, we were looking for a christmas name, and came up with "mistletoe christmas" but she got into so much trouble just on the way home that that "christmas" very quickley was changed to "mischief" lol . Blair- Blair was his litter name, but his registered name "weskys my boyfriend blair" has a story lol see blair was offered to my mom very shortly after my mom and dad had seperated, AND my mom used to have a boyfriend named..Blair. lol so as a joke she called him "weskys my boyfriend blair" lol Perky, not really intresting, its just the name she responded best too lol and Ripley, well see he had been our 4th dog and we thought that was a lot at the time lol and we have been watching Ripley believe it or not that night, so we ended up charging his name from "roscoe" to "Ripleys believe it or not, we got another dog" AKA Ripley. :p

cyber-sibes
03-15-2005, 10:33 PM
My son, my hubs, and I each picked a name we liked and combined them for her registered name, Blue Moon Star, just Star for short. Sherman came with the name, and it fits his personality. His registered name is Destiny's Raise the Bar.
Prince just got his new name, because it fits him and he seems to like it - I kept calling him the prancin' Prince cause he bounces up and down so much. So now his name is Cloud Prince.

tricollie4me
03-15-2005, 10:39 PM
Even before we found our collie pup, we knew what her name would be. We looked at a few different shelter pups/rescue doggies but the only pup that was right for us was our tri collie, our Bijou. She is absolutely our little jewel, and we're so happy to have her.

http://iblinkedyougrew.typepad.com/photos/everywhere_a_pup_pup/dsc03332.JPG
tricollie4me

delidog
03-15-2005, 10:40 PM
All My Animals Came with their Names...From the Pounds from whence they came....

Delilah
Joey
Hobo
Maggie....Sorry She is the Exception...She was called "Wannabe" in the Pound...John Named Her Maggie!!!;) :) :D

I kept their names because they responded to them....and they were Good Names!!
2 Syllables
ending in a vowel,Etc.

jazzcat
03-15-2005, 10:46 PM
Disney came from the shelter named Sugar but I didn't like that so I first named her Frosty and my husband about gagged. After a couple of days we were watching tv and a commercial for Disney World came on. That's when it hit me, Disney.:) I really wanted to go to Disney World too. The next year my husband took me for our 4th wedding anniversary.

Shelteez2
03-15-2005, 10:50 PM
Both my dogs came named.

Emily was named by her breeder. I didn't like the name and wanted to change it but was outvoted 5 to 1. :(

Clipse was also named by his breeder. His registered name is Total Eclipse so Clipse is just short for that.
I was going to change his name and had a huge list of names....but Clipse just seemed to fit.

Oggyflute
03-15-2005, 11:11 PM
Oggy's name kind of came to us one day when we were discussing getting a dog. (he was our first born:D ).

With Flute, she was named after a character in a book series by David Eddings. :)

wolf_Q
03-15-2005, 11:13 PM
Nebo is named after a mountain in Utah...Mt. Nebo. It's a pretty mountain and I just thought it would be a unique name. It was never really one of the names I had in mind for a dog, I thought of it shortly before I got him and it just seemed perfect.

My brother named Reggie...I don't really know where the name came from, but it's what we all decided on. I wanted to name him Lucky when I was a kid lol.

Sydney is/was my sister's dog and she named her. Don't know the reasoning behind it.

Smokey (RB) was named by my brother and sister I think...because of his color. I was 2 so I didn't really take part in the naming. My mom didn't want to name him that but it happened anyway.

Shelteez2
03-15-2005, 11:19 PM
Originally posted by schteve_d
I was just thinking about it after I came up with Docker's name...How did you come up with your pet's name? There must be some good stories out there!

I know how you came up with Docker's name, but are there any stories behind Buddy and Tasha's names?

LuvGold00
03-15-2005, 11:24 PM
Most my dogs are named after some kind of solar element.... Except Emmie, she is named after another dog I knew when I first started Goldens.

schteve_d
03-15-2005, 11:25 PM
Originally posted by Shelteez2
I know how you came up with Docker's name, but are there any stories behind Buddy and Tasha's names?

Not really. I just thought Buddy was very fitting for him as he quickly became my little Buddy (not realizing at the time just how common a name it was!).

When I got Tasha, my girlfriend at the time was very-much against getting a second dog and it took some relentless pressure from me! She finally gave in so to appease her I let her name Tasha.....I really don't remember where she came up with the name.

Corinna
03-15-2005, 11:34 PM
I will give a cleaned up version Merlin had a large bladder even as a pup. My smart aleck son (teen) said he was a wizard. so Merlin was obovius and Montana (where we live) Mystical just fit.
Montanas Mystical Merlin
Ladyand Dugan came named.
They cats My son was 2 When He rescued Winky and he loved the movie "excape to witch mountain"
Ebony was to be blacky but I refused to have such a plain name for the Ice princess son gave in.
Moose was some crazy thing from greek God (or some thing like that ) I couldn't rember or say. So I called him Moose and when my daughter brought him to live with me perminatly its just Moose all 20 LBS.
Ok so I know I'm strange but thats why you all love me:D

vinjashira
03-16-2005, 02:18 AM
Snowy's name is actually Snowpatch. Snow because she is white as snow and Patch because she has one. I call her Snowy for short, not Patch, because it sounds nicer :D

BitsyNaceyDog
03-16-2005, 06:58 AM
Bitsy was named because when we got her as a puppy she was a tiny little thing.
Charlie came with the name shorty, which I hated. We tried to think of a name that kind of sounded like shorty, and we came up with Charlie. The name fits him perfectly.
Buster came with his name. I probably wouldn't have chosen that name, but it does fit him.
Nacey came with her name. I like the name, it's unique and it really fits her.
Nova was found on Thanksgiving day, which of corse is in November. Out of November we got the name Nova, and it really fits her well.

Originally posted by vinjashira
Snowy's name is actually Snowpatch. Snow because she is white as snow and Patch because she has one. I call her Snowy for short, not Patch, because it sounds nicer :D

aww, I love that.

DoggiesAreTheBest
03-16-2005, 07:09 AM
Andrew and I are very adventureous people and love to travel and explore. So, when we got our Drake, we decided to name him after the great explorer and traveller Sir Francis Drake. And Drake has certainly lived up to his name, he has been to 15 countries since we got him!

jennifert9
03-16-2005, 07:14 AM
When I first saw Duncan at the shelter, the sign on his cage door said he was a gordon setter mix so I was looking for a scottish type name, Duncan just kind of stuck. I didn't like it too much but he's stuck with it now!! ( I also call him Mr. Potato Head, I have no idea why.:rolleyes: For a dog that is supposed to be part scottish, he won't eat a potato :p )
My childhood dog was named Bandit because we had adopted the neighbor's cat Smokey as our own since they didn't take care of him and the movie Smokey and the Bandit was big then in our family since my dad's cousin was in it. We also had 2 cats when I was really young named Boots and Mittens. :D

elizabethann
03-16-2005, 08:34 AM
Fenway was Fenway when I adopted him from a rescue organization as a puppy. His brothers were named Ranger, Dodger and Yankee. I couldn't possibly adopt Yankee so of course, I adopted Fenway. Go Sox!

All kidding aside, I didn't adopt Fenway because of his name. I thought he was cute and his temperment fitted my lifestyle.

BitsyNaceyDog
03-16-2005, 08:40 AM
Originally posted by jennifert9
We also had 2 cats when I was really young named Boots and Mittens. :D

When I was really young I had 2 cats named Boots and Mittens too.:) :D

vinjashira
03-16-2005, 08:45 AM
Originally posted by KBlaix
aww, I love that.

Samantha Puppy
03-16-2005, 09:06 AM
I made up a list of about 20 names I wouldn't mind the dog having and my husband (then-boyfriend) chose Samantha from the list.

My cat Sushi came with that name. Kirin's name was Doogie but since we liked Sushi enough to keep it we wanted to keep a Japanese theme going so we changed it from Doogie to Kirin (a Japanese beer).

IRescue452
03-16-2005, 09:06 AM
My mom named Pepper for her colour, I hate it when people do that. Autumn was born in fall and it was also one of my favorite names.

lv4dogs
03-16-2005, 09:20 AM
I had the name Nanook picked out before I got him. It means polar bear in eskimo language. I saw Nanook & fell in love. It was a coincidence that he is a fluffy white dog. lol

Raustyk's name came from an apartment complex named rustic village. I just thought the name rustic was neat and it fit her, she is rusty colored & like the old style rott; bulky. But I couldn't stand the spelling so I made it original.

ramanth
03-16-2005, 11:04 AM
Kia came with her name and it seemed to suit her so I kept it. :)

pitc9
03-16-2005, 12:29 PM
Sierra was Kirra when we adopted her, we didn't care for the name, and my hubby named her Sierra.

Buddy was Barry when we adopted him, the name did NOT fit him, and I couldn't think of a fitting name, so in the meantime, I was calling him Buddy just to call him something... and the rest is history!!!:D

Lexi_Lover
03-16-2005, 12:42 PM
I have always liked the name Lexi. But, we were deciding between a couple names:

Lexi
Roxy
Bella
Reba
Sadie

But Lexi just kind of fit her. It was short, easy. I ahve been debating whether to spell her name differently. Hmm....:p

If this is also for other pets then:

Skye was foudn becase we weren't able to determine whether he was a male or female at a young age. So, it was either that or Bandit. I liked Skye better, but I want to change that too:rolleyes:

Country came to be when her name was Sky and I didn't want the same way. We were driving to go see her one day and I saw a gorgeous gray horse in the country. It suited her, so I kept it. She responded to it too! :D

My fish just got their names from matter of elimiation:rolleyes:LOL!

binka_nugget
03-16-2005, 01:13 PM
When I got back from a camping trip with the school, my mom and I immediately started talking about breeders on the way home. She told me she found a breeder who had some males left and that we'd be going out to see the pups. Well, on my camping trip, I had a (GORGEOUS!) camp leader named Kai-tech. I made up a list and it was between Kai, Zeke, Blaze (the little white "blaze" on his head) and (Chocolate) Chip. I like unique names so we were torn between Kai and Zeke for a while.

Kaedyn was originally named Milo. He didn't respond to it and I couldn't stand that name for him. I might as well name the dog Fido or Rover for god's sake. :p Before we got Kaedyn, my brother and I were trying to come up with names. I came up with Cajun but didn't like that name so I played around with the word and came up with Kayden. I like weird names so I fiddled with the spelling and came up with Kaedyn.

I'm planning on getting a female border within the next year or two so that one will be named Keiko. We had already decided on the name Keiko before we got Kai.

Pit Chick
03-16-2005, 01:29 PM
Ginger got her name because she's a ginger (red) color. Her nickname is Ginger Bread.

Hydro, well, I probably shouldn't mention the real reason I named him that, but he does like to play with the water hose.

When we first rescued Gravity she would always run up to us and fall on her back in submission. Well, one night soon after we got her we were outside drinking and I stumbled and fell on my butt and the dog caming running over to me as my boyfriend's mom said "gravity isn't on your side". It's a very fitting name only now it fits her in a different way, when she sits her 65 lb body in my lap, "Gravity" is holding me down.

Neon's name has a double meaning too. My boyfriend named his dogs after cars, but Neon is also a light colored merle husky mix.

misterduke
03-16-2005, 01:49 PM
When we got Duke, my husband and I wanted a name that suited him for sure. He was the biggest in the litter, the only one that was of his colour and quite timid at first. When we got him we looked him over real good for specific feature or anything that triggered something. His paws. They were huge. So my husband just said: "Hey put up your dukesdukes " So, that where DUKE came from.

Lexi_Lover
03-16-2005, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by binka_nugget
I'm planning on getting a female border within the next year or two so that one will be named Keiko. We had already decided on the name Keiko before we got Kai.

My friends have an aussie named Kaeko too! :D Spelled differently though!

Daisy and Delilah
03-16-2005, 02:12 PM
We were waiting for Daisy to be old enough to bring home so I started searching for names on the internet. Since she is a white chihuahua with very light cream colored spots, I wanted something to fit her color if I could think of a good one. I considered Vanilla(Nilla for short), Sugar, Cream, and a million others. Finally, I thought some daisies are white and she is as precious as a little Daisy so that's what I stayed with. She is so delicate and petite that her name just fits her perfectly. Delilah already had her name when we adopted her. She had a twin brother and her original family named them Samson and Delilah. Unfortunately, Samson was killed by a car and is no longer with us. What a shame, I would love to have been able to adopt both of them!! Her original human Dad had to go to a nursing home so he couldn't keep her so we were lucky enough to get her. He called her Delilah Peanuts for some unknown reason. I dropped the "Peanuts" part of her name right after we brought her home. It wasn't long until I offered her a peanut one day and then I discovered where that name came from. She loves peanuts!! Once again, she is Delilah Peanuts!
Terry(Daisy and Delilah's Mom)

Suki Wingy
03-16-2005, 04:19 PM
Clark:
My mom was just saying random names, and we liked it because he was a SUPER PUP! LOL
Layla:
I liked Delyla but my mom said it was too long and that I needed a nick name, so I said Dillie, after the maid in a book I liked. She hated it and suggested Lyla *pronounced: Lie-luh* But I (and to this day) HATE it. I guess it just sounds awfull to my ears. I loved Layla though, so it stuck.
Niño's name at the shelter was Nino, but we knew that the word for little boy in Spanish is Niño so we made the second "n" an ñ. We think there was a miscommunication and that his previous owners were telling then what sex he was and that he had another name, but we aren't sure. I call him Boy as a nick name a lot.

Kevin Farmer
03-16-2005, 09:05 PM
when maximus was a puppy, he was a little round forceful thing...he would stomp around like he owned the place...demanding all the attention....and i had just watched 'gladiator' with russel crowe...i thought the name fit...turns out it fit pretty good...:p :p :p

flamepony12
03-16-2005, 09:07 PM
Mackenzie- :rolleyes: I was only 7, for pete's sake. :p In third grade, there was a girl in my class named Mackenzie, and I guess I liked that name~ hence the name of my 7 year old baby watweever. :p

Zeus- I was 12 when we got him. When we were coming up with names for him, I told my mom that I wanted a name for him that would match his attitude. :D He definitely lives up to his powerful name!! Zeus was almost named Ziggy..hehe.

Muffin I was 9 when we got Muffin. She was originally Lolly, but she didn't respond to that name. When we were in the playroom, we were throwing out names, seeing if she would look around for any. Right when I said, "Muffin," she came running over into my lap!

cyber-sibes
03-17-2005, 08:07 AM
I was just thinking about it after I came up with Docker's name...
I must have missed an earlier thread - how did you come up with Docker? Sounds like there's a story there!

I already posted about my dogs, but I want to tell you how my cats got their names cause it's a cute story-
We bought brother kittens for my sons one Easter. my older son (6) said he wanted to name his "after a great cat-hero", and named him Puss-In-Boots.
My younger son (3) took his outside, held him up as high as he could, and pronounced in a loud voice "I will name him Chow Chow!" I laughed so hard, it looked just like the scene in Roots when Kunta Kinte is named (Roots had just come out).
Puss-In-Boots ran off to find himself a new home when we moved a long time ago, but ChowChow is still here with me - he's 16 years old, and he's my soul-kitty, one of my best fur-friends ever!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v432/cyber-sibes/Chowdieme.jpg

LKPike
03-17-2005, 10:19 AM
Jillians name, and actually - JILLIAN came from my last dalmatian, Joyce. My ex and I thought itd be good for Joyce to have a sister, and we thought it would be funny to name her a "J" name like Joyce, because in germany J is pronounced Y so none of our friends could ever get it right. Jillian was meant to be Joyces sister, but then there was a huge fight, blah blah, I came back to america to be with my mom who was at that time struggling with court battles. I started dating my now fiance, Les and he kinda pushed me into getting another dal even though I didn't feel 100% (emotionally) ready. But once I saw little Jillies eyes I couldnt say no! :):):) thank god I didnt, even though she has problems (epilepsy) I'd never, never trade her. Shes my animal soulmate.

Her name comes from one of my favorite bar/clubs in america - Jillian's. :)

LKPike
03-17-2005, 10:20 AM
Originally posted by cyber-sibes

My younger son (3) took his outside, held him up as high as he could, and pronounced in a loud voice "I will name him Chow Chow!"

LOL!!!

anna_66
03-17-2005, 04:14 PM
Roxey-driving home after picking her up we heard the song "Roxanne" by Sting. It just seemed to fit her, so Roxey it was.

Huney-she was dumped out in the country and a co-worker of mine had told me (I'm guessing it was because our chow Keisha had died not too long before that) about it. So my niece and I drove out and found her. We chased her forever and finally with a treat from the neighbor and some coaxing we got her in the car. We weren't planning on keeping her so I just kept calling her Honey and she'd always come to me. Well when we decided this was to be her new home I thought the name fit her and she always responded to it (plus she was a pretty honey color). So Huney it was!

Bon-he is named after Bon Scott from AC/DC (we had to keep it going since Angus was from Angus Young of AC/DC also). My husband knew that this was the name he wanted our next dog to be so I just had to find the dog that fit it..and did I ever:D

slleipnir
03-17-2005, 04:20 PM
Josie - Couldn't think of a name I wanted, and I was reading a book with a character named Josie. I liked it and thought it was a little different.

Zeke - The show Tour of Duty. I use to watch that show all the time, and I loved the character 'Zeke' (plus I loved the name)

Cincy'sMom
03-17-2005, 06:57 PM
Sadie was a name my husband picked...his neighbor growing up had a dog named Sadie and he liked the name. Before we met her, we knew she was black and white, and so we had talked about wither Sadie or Panda. Once we met her, we knew Sadie was the better name, as it means "princess" and boy is she!!

Cincy was named after the University of Cincinnati, where Ralph and I both went to college and met. She is my Roly-Poly Cincy Bear (Bearcats are the UC mascot)

Spot was named by his former family. We thought about changing it, but in the end, kept it.

luvofallhorses
03-17-2005, 06:59 PM
Rocky-we got him in a town called Rocker
Ginger-because of her colour
Jenny-well it is supposed to G-e-n-n-y since
my grandmother's name is Geneva my mom
added a nny and well I spell it Jenny cause
it looks better;)
Buster-we were going to call him
Bullwinkle since we had a Rocky
but I kept on calling him Buster
Button so my mom picked it and
it's really Buster Brown:p

carole
03-17-2005, 07:08 PM
Well I have told my story many times, but for those who don't know or are interested, here goes.

Ash was given his name by my daughter, he was named after Ash on Pokemon, she was 6 years old at the time, and of course as you can see it was purrfect as he is grey in colour as well.

Lexie , well I had her name picked out before I even got her, I named her after a Scottish Actress, she played the part of Lexie in Monarch of the Glen, uk residents will know the programme, then I discovered it means defender of Mankind, and is the pet form of the name Alexandra, so there you have it.:)

jenfer
03-17-2005, 07:22 PM
Before I have Gigi, I already have her name ready. ha. I like the name, it sound like a spoiled little girl (which she is :o ) and I know I want a little girl. And I think it fit her perfectly. So there is Gigi! :D

schteve_d
03-17-2005, 11:06 PM
Originally posted by cyber-sibes
I must have missed an earlier thread - how did you come up with Docker?

After I had decided that I was definately adopting Docker, I made a "deal" with myself that if I quit smoking (something I had been putting off for a long time), that could be my "reward" but I had to quit to adopt him. That made the decision to quit really easy! I'd much rather have him than smoke! I looked at it as he was saving me more than I was saving him! Anyway, Docker is a shortened version of the last name of a good friend of mine, in memory of his wife who recently passed away due to lung cancer (related to smoking). And as someone in the Rescue thread pointed out, it made the shortened version of Docker's name very appropriate: Doc!

Glacier
03-17-2005, 11:14 PM
Most of mine arrived named, but I did get to pick a few:

Muskwa was named by a Cree medicine man. My hubby is Cree. He couldn't think of a name that was right for Muskwa. At four months old, we took him to a Sun Dance and the medicine man told us that both Muskwa and my hubby have bear spirits. Muskwa is the Cree word for Bear. He does still answer very well to "HEY YOU NO"! :p as that was his name for the first four months of his life!

Earle is named after singer/songwriter Steve Earle because I am an obessive fan!

Hoodoo(RB) was named by his breeder. He was the first of his litter to learn to howl and he liked to practice in the wee hours of the morning. She was always asking him "Who Do you think you are?". The first two words stuck as his name!

Paxil was bred by a local psychologist who also is a musher. He named the entire litter after anti-depressants. He likes to say he was trying to get sponsorship money out of the big drug companies so he could run dogs full time. It didn't work, he's still a shrink!

The shelter staff named most of the rest of them and I only know some of the reasons--Pacer because that's what he did all day at first, paced in his kennel. Chase because they spent days chasing him around the shelter area before they caught him, Delta and Antare are named for solar systems, Founder was 'found' tied to the fence one morning.

gkristian
03-18-2005, 03:35 AM
well when we god Foxy he looked like a little fox so that how we named him

fritz03
03-18-2005, 02:29 PM
In regards to Ruffles our late Miniature Poodle we had friends who had a dog named Ruffles..Name probably came from the chip brand.In regards to our Bichon Frise Fritz,mom was apparently reading a story about somebody's dog and that's how his name came to be.

4 Dog Mother
03-18-2005, 07:04 PM
The kids were all little when we got Oreo (she is now 15) and she was black with white down the middle so we named her Oreo, a favorite cookie back then (and now) for everyone.

Dazzi came with her name and the person requested I keep it although he never really told me why he chose that spelling for her and now he has passed away so I guess I never will know.

Taggert was named that by the rescue group. The papers from the humane society had him listed as Max. We tried several names on him but went back to Taggert. It fits him!

Snoopy came with his name - I thought about changing it since he doesn't have any beagle in him but he is soooooo nosy, I mean snoopy that it fit him to a T.

Jack came with his name and we liked it.

Pippi was named Ginger. I was not crazy about that name and she needed a new start beginning with her name. Pippi Longstockings was a character in some books and movies when Amy was little and she is also a little Pip Squeak!

shais_mom
03-19-2005, 12:38 AM
My RB Greyhound Shaianne was named Tara and I refused to call her that. There was a co worker who didn't like me named Tara (we have since become friends). I was going to name her Princess or Lady b/c she was so lady like. Then I was going to name her Peta meaning golden eagler she was a golden color (fawn) and graceful like an eagle. Then my sister said it would said like I named her after the People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals so no go. I happened to be going thru and baby name book and found Cheyenne but changed the spelling to Shaianne. Hence my user name shais_mom.

Kylie (Kitty) came to me with that name and had no desire to change it, not sure where my friend came up with that but my suspicion is b/c we had an ER doc with the first name of Kyle that asked her out and she flirted shamelessly with......... :rolleyes: :p

Keegan - I had several names for her picked out. I knew for her AKC name I wanted to have Shaianne's name in it somewhere. I thought of Aspen, Trinity, Spirit, and Keegan. (I swear this is a true story! ;)) The night I brought her home after her bath I was holding her and saying all the different names. And when I said Keegan she looked at me. I said them all again - same tone of voice with no change in it in a different order. When I said Keegan she looked at me. I did it again for good measure and again she looked at me when I said Keegan. So that is how she became Keegan. I say she chose her own name. ;) Her AKC name is Sweet Shaianne's Grace. Keegan's momma's AKC name is Sweet Vidalia so that is where I got Sweet. Grace came from My beloved Grandma (that passed in 2004)who loved Keegan and Keegan loved her. It was just fitting. My Grandma adored Keegan when she would come over. Keegan would run right up to the trailer door at my parents house. (My grandparents live in a trailer dropped in my parent's back yard for the last 2 years - Gpa still lives there) Gma would let her in give her a cookie open the door and she would race across the yard and then we could go in to see My mom and dad. :)
And Kloe (kitty) I was at my friends house and had told her I would take her and they said what should we call her and I just blurted "how about Kloe" just keeping with the "K" theme. So it stuck. Altho there have been several times I thought I should name her Sybil b/c she reminds me of the lady with the Multiple personality disorder from the book White Rabbit.