PDA

View Full Version : He's staying!

cyber-sibes
03-15-2005, 09:40 PM
My son was coming Wednesday to take Cloud to the Humane Society ( a reasonable solution due to the circumstances he's in) and even though my husband said "No we're not keeping him" back when I started dog-sitting........guess what!

WE'RE KEEPING HIM!:D

the darn furball gets along so well with Star and Sherman, I just hate the thought of him going possibly into yet another home that won't work out. (He's only 9 mos old, has already had 3 homes) He just doesn't do well on his own, howls constantly when he's left alone all day.
So now he's Prince, the dog formerly known as Cloud.
(My hubs said he kind of likes seeing those three little faces out there in the kennel)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v432/cyber-sibes/3%20dog%20park/huskiesbystudio.jpg

sammy101
03-15-2005, 09:41 PM
yay Congrats!!:D

Lexi_Lover
03-15-2005, 09:42 PM
Congrats! Pics to celebrate!

He sure is going to be spoiled in his new home...I think thats why you called him Prince:p

Kevin Farmer
03-15-2005, 09:46 PM
:D :D :D yeah!...good for you... and him...everyone's gonna be so happy now:p

Kfamr
03-15-2005, 09:47 PM
I read this in the "P" thread and i'm overly excited.

Is he going to be joining us in Findlay, and then in Dayton??
I'd LOVE to meet him, and of coure you and the other two. :D

It looks like you'll need a new signature.. i'd be more than happy to supply you with one. ;) :D

Ginger's Mom
03-15-2005, 09:48 PM
Congratulations to you and Prince. I am sure he will learn to be an excellent addition to the family.

schteve_d
03-15-2005, 09:49 PM
That's awesome, good for you (and Prince)!!

cyber-sibes
03-15-2005, 10:06 PM
Is he going to be joining us in Findlay, and then in Dayton??
Yes, he'll be in Findlay and Dayton.
I was feeling so sad last night, thinking he'd only be around a day or so more, and I couldn't get this out of my head, it's from Glacier's thread when they finally adopted their foster dogs:

They knew they were home, sometimes it just takes us humans a little longer to figure things out.
It's especially nice for Sherman, cause they're pretty close in age. It's great to see them zipping around chasing each other really fast at the park. Star's still very spunky, but she's slowed down alot this past year.

animal_rescue
03-15-2005, 10:07 PM
Congrats!:D

Logan
03-15-2005, 10:16 PM
Sounds like a perfect solution to me!!! :)

RobiLee
03-15-2005, 10:53 PM
Ohhhh, I am so happy for Prince and for you! This is wonderful news! I have been thinking about him all the time. I just didn't want to see him get rehomed. I had mentioned him to my husband several times only to get a big NO. Now I don't have to worry anymore. I know that he is in a good home and I can still hear all about him and get to see him at the Findlay get togethers. I couldn't be happier!

What is this about going to Dayton? I haven't heard about a get together in Dayton. Maybe I wasn't suppose to :( Oh well! Take good care of that boy!

Robin :)

cyber-sibes
03-15-2005, 10:58 PM
I'll pm you re: Dayton

wolf_Q
03-15-2005, 11:09 PM
Yay that's great news!! Prince is SO handsome!! I can't wait to meet him as well as Star and Sherman! :D

shais_mom
03-15-2005, 11:15 PM
Originally posted by RobiLee

What is this about going to Dayton? I haven't heard about a get together in Dayton. Maybe I wasn't suppose to :( Oh well! Take good care of that boy!

Robin :)

Yea. Me too. :(

BUT ANYHOO!!
CONGRATULATIONS!!
I was sooo hoping he would find a great home and he did!!!

Glacier
03-16-2005, 12:27 AM
Congrats!! He's a beauty.

wolf_Q
03-16-2005, 12:30 AM
Robin, Staci, I haven't heard any official news on Dayton either this is the first I've read about it on here...and I'm sure I'm invited as I'll be with Kay lol...I'm positive everyone is invited it just hasn't been posted about yet. :)

bckrazy
03-16-2005, 01:00 AM
aw, thats awesome news!! I had a feeling you were going to keep him... the Husky trio looks WAY too cute to break up. :) Prince is a perfect name for him! He's sooo handsome! I wouldn't be able to stand sending him to the pound, either.

wolfsoul
03-16-2005, 01:28 AM
Now you've got a blue eyed husky, a brown eyed husky, and a husky with one of each. :D Congrats!

vinjashira
03-16-2005, 01:36 AM
Congratulations :)

Kfamr
03-16-2005, 05:16 AM
The Dayton things was just planned the other day. ;)
I haven't had time to post an actual post about it yet, :p

When I get home from school, I will for everyone can see.

cyber-sibes and all of the Utah/Florida (US! :p ) crew will be meeting in Dayton at a dog park on the way home, on the 29th.

LorraineO
03-16-2005, 06:25 AM
congrats on your newest baby!!

pitc9
03-16-2005, 07:57 AM
Congrats!!! I'm sooooo happy to hear he'll be staying with you!
Yiiiippeeee!!!!! I just looooove that boy!

I can't believe he was going to be taken to a pound!! :eek:
When I pm'd you about him, I should have said straight out that I was interested in possibly adopting him. Please make sure your son knows there are rescues out there for huskies and other breeds in case this happens to him again in the future.
But in this case... his loss is your (and all of your PT friends) gain!!

I think this calls for pictures of your trio!!! Again... Congrats!!!

CountryWolf07
03-16-2005, 08:25 AM
Originally posted by wolf_Q
Yay that's great news!! Prince is SO handsome!! I can't wait to meet him as well as Star and Sherman! :D

Ditto!!!! :)

cyber-sibes
03-16-2005, 09:34 AM
Please make sure your son knows there are rescues out there for huskies and other
I had contact with the Northwestern Ohio Siberian rescue last year(while I was looking for a sibe) and she told me that now they only take dogs that have been turned in to a Humane society (because they're health checked and temperment checked) and they don't accept privately surrendered dogs anymore.
By the way, I told my son I had two people contact me about him. At the moment, though, his Dad & new wife would not let him keep the dog at the new house and my husband said time was up-didn't want to get "stuck" with him (long story- some bad blood between the human males involved here)--which makes it all the more interesting that my hubs should then bring up keeping him for now (guess the little guy got under his skin after all!) The Humane society here is pretty decent - I have no doubt he would have gotten adopted quickly, but I don't know if they would have had other dogs etc. He does seem to love it here.
Anyway, he's scheduled for neuter and shot updates this coming Monday--he'll be all set to meet everyone in Findlay on Saturday!

ramanth
03-16-2005, 10:51 AM
Congrats!!! :D

Kosmo&Cuddles
03-16-2005, 11:29 AM
Congrats!! He'll be one happy boy.

lute
03-16-2005, 12:24 PM
CONGRATS!!!:D i like the new name too. i guess your gonna have to have another siggy made now that you have three huskies.;)

cyber-sibes
03-16-2005, 12:42 PM
Yup, new sig in the works.....

GraciesMommy
03-16-2005, 01:20 PM
I knew that he would be staying when I read your first post telling about him..lol..justa feeling...so glad that it all worked out..

4 Dog Mother
03-16-2005, 03:06 PM
Pat, how cool you have another husky! I am sure he will love living with you and Star and Sherman. Can't wait to meet him at the Dog park!

anna_66
03-17-2005, 02:09 PM
Sorry I keep forgetting to reply to your post:o

I think it's awesome that he is staying! He sounds like the perfect addition to your household and I just can't wait to meet him at the park on Saturday (and of course see Star & Sherman again!).

dukedogsmom
03-17-2005, 02:43 PM
Congrats! Would love to see some more pics of him when you get the chance.

cyber-sibes
03-17-2005, 05:13 PM
Thanks everyone! We took a bunch of pics at the park yesterday (Wed) and as soon as my son e-mails them to me, I'll post them!

anna_66
03-17-2005, 05:25 PM
Ohh I can't wait to see him!

KYS
03-17-2005, 06:53 PM
Congratulations, I will be waiting for the park pictures. :D