PDA

View Full Version : Ouch! :( :(

Kfamr
03-15-2005, 08:02 PM
I broke my wrist and the two bones in my arm i'd say around 5 years ago. The pain in my wrist still comes back from time to time - especially in cold weather and weather like today, humid and rainy.

To make it worse, I have Volleyball class 4th period. Today we played a few games, and everyone on my team is chicken $***. They just let the ball fall right by them. I REALLY got into the game today. Well, I hit it pretty nice, except with my wrist.. a few times on accident. It's hurt like heck, worse than it did this morning, ever since. There no swollen areas so I don't think I damaged it more, but it sure feels like it. :(

Anyways, the reason I posted is to see if anyone knows of any cheap, over the counter medicine that would relieve me of pain. I may have to ask my Volleyball coach to sit out the next few days. :(

Thanks for reading.

Amber
03-15-2005, 08:35 PM
Were also doing vollyball in gym class, and well...our team isnt too great either. Doing serves, and all that leave my hands/wrist red and sore.

but anyways, try taking alieve to help with the pain. It works good for me.

sammy101
03-15-2005, 08:40 PM
I take Advil Liquid Gels,works well for me:)

hope your hand feels better soon

jazzcat
03-15-2005, 09:06 PM
I fractured my big knuckle on my middle finger trying to open a bottle. :rolleyes: My doctor has prescribed Ibuprofen, which is Advil. It does seem to help.

Hope you feel better soon.

NoahsMommy
03-15-2005, 09:21 PM
I believe Ibuprofen is an anti-inflammatory...that should work for the pain.

Does heat or ice help the pain at all?

Kfamr
03-15-2005, 09:35 PM
My dad did give me one of his Ibuprofens, he has quite a few for back pain. The pain isn't as bad as it was before, but it still hurts like heck. I was holding my wrist against Nala and her body heat made it feel a bit better. :)

wolf_Q
03-15-2005, 11:31 PM
Have you tried wearing any sort of wrist brace or support? I sprained my wrist at work last year and wearing that helped more than anything.

Samantha Puppy
03-16-2005, 06:06 AM
Put a brace on it and if heat helps, break out the heating pad.

ramanth
03-16-2005, 08:42 AM
Originally posted by wolf_Q
Have you tried wearing any sort of wrist brace or support? I sprained my wrist at work last year and wearing that helped more than anything.
That's what I was going to suggest. :)

Maybe one of those new heat wraps they advertise on tv would help too.

Hope it stops hurting.

Samantha Puppy
03-16-2005, 09:13 AM
Oh and for pain, I stand by Motrin. It got rid of the killer migraine I got when my church burned down two days before my wedding last year, so if it worked on that it'll work on anything!

Cataholic
03-16-2005, 09:40 AM
Kay- if it inflamed/swollen- stay away from HEAT. Use ice instead....

Maya & Inka's mommy
03-16-2005, 10:47 AM
I would try to wear a wrist-brace during sport. This thing will protect better. Good luck!