PDA

View Full Version : Help - Disney urinated in an air vent

jazzcat
03-15-2005, 07:19 PM
Long story short Disney peed in the bathroom floor right on top of the heat and air vent and it all ran down into the duct work. I've have scrubbed the vent and duct work with Mr. Clean and then again with Nature's Miracle and it still stinks. It's especially bad when the heat runs - SHOO! Does anyone know of any great thing to use to clean it?

Poor Dizzy Dog, she's losing her mind and forgeting her potty training. So far all accidents have been on vinyl and not carpet but this one in the vent is pretty bad. Her urine has a really strong and strange smell to it too, probably her new food.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Kfamr
03-15-2005, 08:21 PM
Wish I knew how to help you! I remember when something had died in our air conditioner unit, it smelt HORRIBLE and we had to tear the whole thing apart.

micki76
03-15-2005, 08:27 PM
Lori, you may have to call out a professional and have them clean the vent. Poor Disney. :(

Logan
03-15-2005, 09:05 PM
I have no ideas, either. :o I'm sorry. Wonder if you could get some kind of brush cleaner from one of the home centers in your area, like Home Depot or Lowe's, with a brush that you could get down in the system. No way could that smell have gone far down into the system I don't think so, anyway.

Logan

BitsyNaceyDog
03-15-2005, 09:40 PM
I would have said Nature's Miracle, but you already tried that. I'm sorry, but I don't have any other ideas.

schteve_d
03-15-2005, 09:51 PM
I have no advice for you......I'm sorry, but I find this really funny! You too will see the humour in it one day!! LOL

jazzcat
03-15-2005, 10:04 PM
Originally posted by schteve_d
I have no advice for you......I'm sorry, but I find this really funny! You too will see the humour in it one day!! LOL
I hope so. Right now that bathroom stinks too badly for me to laugh.

mruffruff
03-16-2005, 09:31 AM
Try to find a solution called Bac-A-Zap. Pest control people use it to deodorize dead bodies and it really works. I went to a pest supply store and bought a quart for about $19. It works instantly, as long as you actually hit whatever smells. I'd pour some in the ducts around the edges and be sure to use enough to get all the way to the bottom. You probably won't need more than a cup or cup and a half.

Mary

jazzcat
03-16-2005, 11:01 AM
Thanks Mary, I'll look for that.

Pit Chick
03-16-2005, 11:31 AM
Oh, Jasscat, that's horrible. I hope you get the smell out.