PDA

View Full Version : A Question for Karen & Paul...

zippy-kat
12-08-2001, 01:05 PM
We've been enjoying this site for quite sometime!

What date did POTD/COTD/DOTD orginally begin? What is the total number of animals that you guys have posted?

Just curious! ;)

*LabLoverKEB*
12-08-2001, 01:34 PM
Good question, Zippy... I'm wondering, too! :)

Sarah & Sadie*

Karen
12-08-2001, 02:41 PM
We began this site in September of 1997 - the very first Pet of the Day was Callihan http://PetoftheDay.com/archive/1997/SeptemberImages/01s.jpg http://PetoftheDay.com/archive/1997/September/01.html who, as you may notice, is a dog! For the first year we featured dogs, cats and others as Pet of the Day. In September 1998, we broke it out into Dog of the Day, Cat of the Day and left Pet of the Day for everybody else. So, so far it's been:

1,555 or so Pets of the Day

1,190 Cats of the Day
and
1,190 Dogs of the Day

There would be 4 more of each, but there was a horrible time when, because of the coincidental happenings of our ISP of the time going out of business without notifying us and a horrific storm hit the entire East coast, preventing us from immediately switching the Domain Name service to another machine, the Pet of the Day family of websites was missing from the web. :( It was NOT a happy time.

But the rest has been just great!

[ December 08, 2001: Message edited by: Spencer-The-Lion ]

zippy-kat
12-08-2001, 05:41 PM
How neat!

Callihan was the start of something great!! :D

cr7clark
12-10-2001, 09:35 AM
Thank you, Karen! I was wondering about that question myself. We appreciate yours and Pauls' work and attention to this board. It's a great place to post! :D

bnormal
08-11-2002, 11:52 AM
Callihan is an ORNERY dog!

No, actually Calli is a very lovable dobe though he still thinks he is a celebrity since he was the very first pet of the day.

He demanded extra vittles for weeks after winning this prestigious honor!

Our house finally returned to normalcy a few years ago. But Callihan still likes to point out that HE was the initial top dog!

I apologize that it took me so long to reply to this post!:)

Rachel
08-11-2002, 03:19 PM
Wow, Zippy, what a cool question and we get the privilege of meeting numero uno Pet of the Day and his guardian. :cool:

lynnestankard
08-11-2002, 04:04 PM
WOW CALLIHAN WHAT BOOTIFUL TEEFS!!!
AND HI BNORMAL - THE PERSON WHOSE DOGGIE STARTED ALL THIS PET TALK!! WAY TO GO!

GREAT QUESTION TONYA

LYNNE

krazyaboutkatz
08-11-2002, 04:46 PM
Wow. I didn't realize that this site had been around that long. Thanks for asking such a great question Tonya. :)

bnormal
08-11-2002, 05:31 PM
Callihan and his brother Quincey say hello to everyone...

What I really enjoy about this site other than viewing all the wonderful pets are the many locales people are posting from. This is truly a global web site.

:)