PDA

View Full Version : Need help ASAP!

Cookiebaker
03-15-2005, 06:20 PM
A couple of months ago, we started hosting a teen Bible study about once every 6 weeks. It's my turn tomorrow night and I'm clueless as to what to serve for refreshments.

I really like to do something fun, and something they like. For example, I did a hot cocoa night, and served 4 or 5 different kinds of hot cocoa; marshmallows; 3 different kinds of whipped cream; those chocolate twizzler things; etc.

Another time, I did extreme sundaes with every topping imaginable(!!!)

They always have so much fun, and I want to come up with some more fun ideas, so any impute is appreciated!!!

Samantha Puppy
03-15-2005, 06:23 PM
Does it have to be just desserts? If not, you could do something with pizzas or tacos like you did with the sundaes and lots of available toppings...

Cookiebaker
03-15-2005, 06:24 PM
No, it doesn't necessarily have to be a dessert, but it really should be a snacky type thing since most of the kids have eaten dinner right before coming.

:)

Samantha Puppy
03-15-2005, 06:27 PM
Hmmm... snacky at least... how about extreme nachos then?

joycenalex
03-15-2005, 06:28 PM
how about 2-3 types of cheeses and sliced( dipped in spriteso they don't turn brown) pears and apples? havarti , cheddar and colby do well with fruit for example

wolfsoul
03-15-2005, 06:41 PM
One of my favourite things to do is cut up a bunch of fruit, put it in one of those big serving bowls (the ones with the slots for different kinds of foods) and put alot of whipped cream in the middle. So then I can just dip and eat. Yummmm. Especially with grapes. That's the best.

Samantha Puppy
03-15-2005, 06:55 PM
If you do fruit, there is this AWESOME recipe for amaretto dipping cream. It's AWESOME. It's only got a hint of amaretto so it's safe for any age. It is SO good. Whenever I have people over in summertime I always serve it and everyone loves it so much that when I get invited to a cookout/pot luck by one of my friends, that is what I am asked to bring. Let me know if you want the recipe.

Soooo yummy. With any fruit really, but especially strawberries...

Vermontcat
03-15-2005, 07:39 PM
I have a couple of ideas, the first one is cookies!:D
You can get the cookie dough from the store as a shortcut and have everyone decorate theirs with frosting and sprinkles.
The other idea is using fruit like bananas and strawberries and juice in a blender to make different flavored slushies.:)

Cookiebaker
03-15-2005, 08:12 PM
What great ideas!! I am so excited!

Samantha puppy, I would love to have the recipe for the amaretto dipping cream! :) And Vermontcat, I love that idea of slushies, and think I will plan on using it when it gets a little warmer.

Since everyone is suggesting fruit, I think I will do fruit along with a fruit dip; a huge bowl of movie style popcorn; and soda. It's not as involved this time, but there are many other times to come, so keep those ideas coming!!! :)

Shelteez2
03-15-2005, 08:59 PM
You can get those sprinkle on flavorings to make the popcorn more interesting.

wolfsoul
03-15-2005, 09:02 PM
Originally posted by Shelteez2
You mean seasoning? LOL. :p

binka_nugget
03-15-2005, 09:03 PM
Originally posted by Shelteez2

Taco seasoning on popcorn is AWESOME! :D

Shelteez2
03-15-2005, 09:11 PM
Originally posted by wolfsoul
You mean seasoning? LOL. :p

Hey it's all gross to me no matter what you call it. LOL

Oggyflute
03-15-2005, 11:54 PM
Check out this website for heaps of ideas and lots of recipies etc. ;)

http://groups.msn.com/pamelaskitchen

NoahsMommy
03-16-2005, 12:56 AM
How fun!!

My hubby is a youth sponsor at church on Wednesday nights and they have a sort of "snack shack" on site. I think ANYTHING you do will be well recieved by teens. ;)

These are really great ideas!

luckies4me
03-16-2005, 01:09 AM
WOW! This thread is making me very hungry. :D Good thing my friend is cooking dinner right now. All of the things suggested sound very good, but mentioning tacos made my mouth water. :p

moosmom
03-16-2005, 02:33 AM
How about some sort of gooey fondue, say chocolate with fruit to dip into it???