PDA

View Full Version : BAKE SALE & RAFFLE BENEFIT FOR DOG, JACK

lbaker
12-06-2001, 06:31 AM
My association has agreed to let a rep from the mid-Atlantic Cocker Spaniel Rescue hold this event in our bldg lobby Friday morning. Jack has a broken leg which never healed and was an abandoned dog because the owner said he limped and "would not play with her". :mad: :mad: The Rescue can have his leg amputated for $500 or repaired for $1000. Selling raffle tickets and baked good towards the repair. Is this a great idea or what :)Is this a great association I work for or what? :D
laurie

[ December 06, 2001: Message edited by: lbaker ]

purrley
12-06-2001, 06:56 AM
That is just fabulous a work place would be so good to sponsor such a super thing - yes in dee dee you work for a wonderful association :D

tatsxxx11
12-06-2001, 04:28 PM
Laurie, Well, I guess that covers both ends of the spectrum. WHY, WHY, WHY EVER do these people bring animals into their lives!!!!! :mad: Is there any way I can buy a raffle ticket (or just make a donation) toward Jack's surgery??? I hope so badly that he can keep his leg. Yes, you work for a wonderful organization! Tell them many people they do not know, applaud their efforts! Sandra

[ December 06, 2001: Message edited by: tatsxxx11 ]

AmberLee
12-06-2001, 04:34 PM
Can you post an address here to send donations to???

DoggiesAreTheBest
12-07-2001, 08:37 AM
I would like to send a donation as well. Can we have an address?
I hope jack can keep his leg.

lbaker
12-07-2001, 08:47 AM
I just went to the lobby to check how things were going...we are almost there and there is still almost an hour to go :D :D When I went first thing this a.m. for my slew of tickets (and some yummy goodies ;)) I asked about donations for Jack from people not in the area. I will post the web site after they finish up and find how how we did and yes, you can specify it's for Jack. They were very touched by the support my "friends" from all over have offered. Once again...you all come through. Hugs to you and I'll let you know soon.
laurie

Logan
12-07-2001, 09:28 AM
:mad: :mad: :mad: to the idiots who call themselves "people" and allow a dog to get into this condition. Stupid!!!! :mad:

And big :D :D :D to people like you, Laurie, and your employer for doing something wonderful for this boy and his good health!!!!

Let us know how it turns out.
Logan

lbaker
12-07-2001, 09:50 AM
:D :D YAHOOO WOWIE ZOWIE WE DID IT :D Topped $1,000 and Jack will be scheduled for the first of several operations to repair his injuries. After rehabilitation at a foster home they then will try to find a forever home and heart to share with this brave boy :)One of the rescue people works here and will let me know how things progress.
laurie :)

purrley
12-07-2001, 09:56 AM
Laurie - how wonderful - gosh it makes me feel good to know there are so many wonderful people out there. That's the only consolation we animal lovers can have, believing there are so many more wonderful people than those who are mean and cruel.