PDA

View Full Version : Chaos in the yard...

Glacier
03-15-2005, 05:30 PM
The huskies have a touch of spring fever. The last few days have been way too warm for them, so they haven't been very active. On Saturday, they were making up for lost time!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v38/Glacier1998/dogs%2005/mac_table.jpg
Hey, the view is pretty good from up here! Where has this table been all winter? (Mac)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v38/Glacier1998/dogs%2005/waiting.jpg
Earle--"If I stand here long enough, he's sure to give me that bone. After all, he is my dad!" (it didn't work, Muskwa refused to share)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v38/Glacier1998/dogs%2005/playing.jpg
Hobo playing chase with Raven--I have no idea where they found that flower pot!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v38/Glacier1998/dogs%2005/chaos.jpg
It's a Husky Stampede!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v38/Glacier1998/dogs%2005/howl.jpg
Founder acting as referree of the games from on top of a dog house.

carrie
03-15-2005, 06:20 PM
Great pics, great dogs - very interested on why you chose to mention Spring - do you see a change in behaviour?

dukedogsmom
03-15-2005, 06:52 PM
What a bunch of cute dogs! What better stampede than a Husky one? I love this pic. So cute. Would have loved to have been there to hear it, too.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v38/Glacier1998/dogs%2005/howl.jpg
I thought of ring around the rosie when I saw them with the flower pot. That's too cute.

Dixieland Dancer
03-15-2005, 07:01 PM
I would of love to hear the howl too! Great pictures!!! Spring is definitely in the air around our area too! Everyone is getting spring fever, even the humans!

pitc9
03-15-2005, 07:01 PM
Great pictures!!
I just looove the one of Founder on top of his house howling!!
I would have love to have been there to play with them all!!

Aniland
03-15-2005, 07:07 PM
I have a non purebred husky. I submitted him yesterday. His name is Barkley.:)

Corinna
03-15-2005, 07:15 PM
They are just cheering the Iditarod teams on. Sounds like the first on should be in tonight or early morning.

Glacier
03-15-2005, 07:31 PM
Originally posted by carrie
Great pics, great dogs - very interested on why you chose to mention Spring - do you see a change in behaviour?

They get very lethargic in the warmer months. Right now they are still in full winter coats, no one has shed a single clump of fur yet. So they aren't moving much, but when the temps cool off they get a little nutty. It's supposed to get cold again this weekend, which will be nice for all of us. In the summer they play mostly in the evenings. The sun never sets here from June to September so they can often be found playing at 3am when it's a little cooler. They spend most of the summer lounging on top of their doghouses.

Kona & Oreo's mom
03-15-2005, 09:00 PM
Founder--What are you saying? :D I wish I knew!

Glacier
03-15-2005, 09:03 PM
Originally posted by Kona & Oreo's mom
Founder--What are you saying? :D I wish I knew!

Founder always has something to say! He's the noisest of all the dogs here. He can yack for hours about just about anything--I don't want to be in this pen, Raven is picking on me, I'm starving, I'm bored, I don't want to be in the house, I want to play with Earle, Hey, where are you going, can I come, it's too hot, Let's go, what's taking so long with the harnesses, who is that, there is a bird in my sky, when's dinner, ect, ect, ect. :p

cyber-sibes
03-15-2005, 09:48 PM
I love the pics! What a great pack you've got! I especially like the one of Earle waiting so patiently for a bone, Sherman often posts himself near Star waiting for her to finish and maybe leave him something?

Oggyflute
03-15-2005, 11:50 PM
Great pics and cool pups. :D

schteve_d
03-15-2005, 11:54 PM
Great pics! I love them all, but especially of Founder refereeing! That's a classic!

After seeing your post and mentioning their change in the warmer months, perhaps you could answer my question in Dog Health regarding Docker's panting??!! I'd appreciate it. Judging by the amount of Huskies milling about there, I'd say you know a thing or two about 'em!!:D

Again, awesome pics!

vinjashira
03-16-2005, 02:33 AM
always nice to see your dogs glacier, how lucky you are to have them all :)

ramanth
03-16-2005, 10:58 AM
By warm....what is the actual temperature? ;) :D

Loved the pics!

cyber-sibes
03-16-2005, 11:13 AM
Yah, there's still an awful lot of snow on the ground! Can't be all that warm!

Glacier
03-16-2005, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by ramanth
By warm....what is the actual temperature? ;) :D

Loved the pics!

Right now it's a few degrees above freezing, but supposed to be back to -10C by the weekend. Our normal summer temps are around 22C. Last summer was abnormally hot with temps in the 30'sC for a few weeks.

ramanth
03-18-2005, 02:36 PM
That's not bad. :D I can see how that would be quite warm for a Husky that hasn't blown it's coat.

Jadapit
03-18-2005, 02:42 PM
Those are such great pictures. I love the one of Founder howling on the dog house. I wish I could hear him.;) Do they ever start howling all at once? I bet that would be something to hear.:)

Glacier
03-18-2005, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by Jadapit
Do they ever start howling all at once? I bet that would be something to hear.:)

At least twice a day--once in the morning about 7am and again about 10pm. Those two times happen without fail every day. They also howl in unision at other times too--when I'm hooking up a team or feeding or when my neighbor is. They like to talk to Will's dogs! :D

Jadapit
03-18-2005, 03:16 PM
Does your camera have a video with sound? I would really love to hear all the huskies howling all together. I bet it's so cool.

Glacier
03-18-2005, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by Jadapit
Does your camera have a video with sound? I would really love to hear all the huskies howling all together. I bet it's so cool.

I have video but no sound. I've never been able to get any of my videos into a format that will upload to PT.